• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My "moddedmicra" K11 SLX Blog!

Just picked up my shiney shiney new steelies (cheers Nismo and his dad, top guys (Y))
Blacksteelies.jpg

they are nice i was thinking of going for them but finances are really tight at the moment :(
will look kick ass once there done :D

aw I remember seeing them, they look awesome.

Are you keeping the rear whiper or not? If you keep it are you going to adjust it so it lays flat?

Added some white motorbike rim tape to the wheels today:
Photo033.jpg

Will get a pic of them fitted tomorrow if it stops raining :p

Made a bypass cable for the inhibit relay that stops the car starting while in Drive or Reverse earlier:
Photo038.jpg

Fitted the clutch pedal:
Photo037.jpg

Just need to get a holesaw to drill the hole for the clutch cable inbetween the 2 bolts:
Photo039.jpg

Are they powdercoated?

As hard as it is to differentiate from photo's, they look sprayed to me.

Either way, powder coating is the way to go with that sort of thing.

yep they were refurbished and powdercoated at wickedwheels and had top range tyres fitted at a total cost of over £300. I bought them having never touched tarmac for £150!

How are those A drives, or seeming that car doesn't work, don't you know yet? I've been looking for some better tyres, and they seem an alright price. £35 each if I was looking at the right ones.

I've no idea, i'll tell you when I know lol Car now has remote C/L fitted and dash refitted now all the pedals are in place :D

Right, its insured now and I replaced the crossmember today so hopefully get it in for test this week or next:
Photo057.jpg

Photo058.jpg

Photo059.jpg

Photo060.jpg

Photo061.jpg

Photo062.jpg

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Oh and a video of the first time out of the garage:

Last edited:
AWESOME!!! i can smell it its soo close :D

what else is there to get it through an MOT?

nothing really, just got to wait for the headlights to arrive then i'll check it over and stick it in for test.

Part of the front bumper sprayed and both bumpers refitted now, exhaust trimmed so you can't see it inside the tip. all thats left to do now is headlights and it can go for an MOT :D

Back