• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

mckenzie's / Shaun's SR

Loosing a bit of passion in this car at the moment. :down:

ahh yes see now if you called it a he their wouldnt be a passion involvement issue, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,would there :grinning:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:grinning:

chin up kid ,,, mf 13"s with them nice coilies you got and the drivers seating position auto maticaly changes to a go carty low type feel,,,,,,,,,then youd wanna get a real good steering wheel to go with the new seating posture :grinning: right or very very wrong?

Dont loose passion! Do something drastic to make you fall back in love with her!
It's a HIM! even though i am a guy and i don't really wanna be 'in' another guy my car is a bloke...
No name as of yet... Possibly Norman? lol

I do have plans though. Secret plans...

:grinning: i wouldnt call something that gets acquainted with shopping troll eys regularly she :grinning:
but your not me and i aint you :grinning::grinning: puka

:grinning: i wouldnt call something that gets acquainted with shopping troll eys regularly she :grinning:
but your not me and i aint you :grinning::grinning: puka
i don't think it was a shopping trolley...
as i haven't been near any!

i think it was one of the little (lousy youth of today!) kids that hang around our car park! grr

chin up kid ,,, mf 13"s with them nice coilies you got and the drivers seating position auto maticaly changes to a go carty low type feel,,,,,,,,,then youd wanna get a real good steering wheel to go with the new seating posture :grinning: right or very very wrong?

i'd go with that, as it looks mean low, then they may get the message
its no hope its like the place is full of spaziz that have to fling they arms legs spazradically out at others property, regularly spazing out of controll :laugh: spasmodically doing it :grinning: what you recon their kids turn out like ? :laugh:

i'd go with that, as it looks mean low, then they may get the message
its no hope its like the place is full of spaziz that have to fling they arms legs spazradically out at others property, regularly spazing out of controll :laugh: spasmodically doing it :grinning: what you recon their kids turn out like ? :laugh:

damn 2 questions their i feel ignorated :grinning:

Right i have a few things lined up now to be getting on with for this car so fingers crossed the next few weeks should see some image filled updates!

Got some 7" wide slots from Mark the other day which i tidied up a little in just under 2 hours...

Before:
ac3f6963.jpg

aabfc764.jpg

After:
415ce6a2.jpg

029ed020.jpg

e394e45e.jpg

Just need to sort out some of the pits with filler but the kerbing around the lip is almost non existant now! :)

Did some more towards the alloy wheel refurb:

WheelRefurb3.jpg

WheelRefurb1.jpg

WheelRefurb2.jpg

No more dodgy holes (Y)

should look rather smooth once i have finished them.

What did you do to that poor centre cap?

One of them had a crack in it. Probably from my driving lol
So cut it up and used it as backing for the resin. Worked out pretty well.
:)
I sense another micra/slot mag combo appearing in the Surrey area soon.
Keep your eyes peeled mark. :p

What did you do to that poor centre cap?

One of them had a crack in it. Probably from my driving lol
So cut it up and used it as backing for the resin. Worked out pretty well.
:)
I sense another micra/slot mag combo appearing in the Surrey area soon.
Keep your eyes peeled mark. :p

Not bad for 3 hours work. :)
The extra holes are still a little visible but Sod it.
Tyres on in the morning just in time for the DD meet :)

will do shaunus... looking good mate! i cant wait to see them! are you using the tires ytou have at the moment? will be better imo more stretch

Tyres are on, Wheels on. Caliper rubbing against the wheel... :down:
5mm spacers on the rear. no rub - anywhere.
Looks much better and the stretch is even throughout even though they are now staggered wheels. (Y)
Also gives me some more room to go lower!
Hopefully some pictures will turn up in a bit from today's meet! :D

Getting quite a strong vibration through the steering wheel under breaking now. It has been there for a while before i even had alloys on.
Anyone like to guess what it is?
Probably change all the discs and pads anyways just hoping it isn't the most likely (caliper) :(

Well if i change the tie rod ends wishbones discs and pads then it should be sorted for definate. and will still be an under a £100 fix. :)

not gonna find 2 k11 wishbones for less then £100
Nissan Micra 1.3 1996

Axial Rod / Tie Rod
Part Number: 60670103J x2

Suspension Arm
Part Number: 615700090 x2

GRAND TOTAL (inc VAT): £109.62

so if eurocarparts can do it for that price i am sure i can find it a little cheaper... :)

not gonna find 2 k11 wishbones for less then £100

That's strange... I got a sh near side wishbone the other day here in Ireland - 25 Euro (well he knocked off the price 5 Euro cause I waited nearly an hour to get the part, so normally would be 30 Euro). And prices in ROI are way higher than in GB...

That's strange... I got a sh near side wishbone the other day here in Ireland - 25 Euro (well he knocked off the price 5 Euro cause I waited nearly an hour to get the part, so normally would be 30 Euro). And prices in ROI are way higher than in GB...
Not always the case though some things can be way overpriced!
But i will hunt round i am sure for £100 i can get wishbones and tie rod ends and the brakes are generally around £30 for the front set just need to get the rears :(

Back