• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

Ha ha just wanted make sure it was coming through the turbo, got to drain the whole lot now for the flush

I escaped this one just mate!!

Should have seen me doing the stud nuts Back up, I was like a girl doing it up so carefully!

Cheers

:D:D really glad you got that sorted mate! good stuff.
Nice to see it coming along.
Looking forward to seeing this thing in the flesh some time soon!

cheers mate, oooh oh i have a jet engine like yours now!

will be removing sump tomorrow for oil return fitting

work work work

still itll be worth it in the end:laugh:

No time today but this turned up this afternoon :)

8ee194ab.jpg

62e45fc0.jpg

416ac6cc.jpg

eb0d803b.jpg

I'll get cracking with the sump fitting during the week

And this is for scopez who can't see the video :)

[video=youtube;jTjk83K7GJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTjk83K7GJM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTjk83K7GJM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No time today but this turned up this afternoon :)

8ee194ab.jpg

62e45fc0.jpg

416ac6cc.jpg

eb0d803b.jpg

I'll get cracking with the sump fitting during the week

And this is for scopez who can't see the video :)

[video=youtube;jTjk83K7GJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTjk83K7GJM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTjk83K7GJM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

absolutely awesome matey, can hear the turbo spooling up. Sorry missed your calls was doing some bits in the kitchen lol but yeah its going to be great when we are rolling together making some real nice video footage eh??

Cheers

Still got to get few more bits then got to insure and map it:p

Hopefully be up and running in few months and be in it for summer (got sunroof now:laugh:)

Gonna be a longer wait in the intercooler now as he hasn't fitted his new one :(

I've read mixed reviews but the oil in the car is funked so gonna drain in, put some cheap stuff IN let it idle then put engine flush in and let it idle again drain and out the whole lot

Then put some good stuff in :)

ha ha sure mate :) leave the clutch for the new engine as your have to bolt it on to the 1.0 then remove it etc and bolt it back on the the 1.3

ive got one shot at getting it drilled and tapped properly or ill be requiring a new head :eek:

does anyone know thread size of manifold studs so i can get the right tap, cheers

not sure if anyone els has answered as not read through yet but there M8 thread

Thanks mate, had to overdrill it with 8.5mm and re tap it with m10 tap, she's in there strong and no blowing so chuffed with that :)

Whilst you lot were sleeping last night I took it upon myself to get my oil return fitting bolted up to the sump

After removing it I wasn't happy with the craap inside, a lifetime of bad oil changes (lack of) had left sludge and more sludge!

Didn't want this mixing back in with the new oil as it would just render the new stuff pointless

So I thought the only thing was to wash it :)

Boiling hit water and fairy liquid!!

DSC_0171.jpg

After cleaning all the old traces of gasket sealant it was time to get drilling

Here's what I'm fitting

DSC_0174.jpg

Marked and drilled first 2

DSC_0180.jpg

Drilled 3rd, did make this bigger just forgot to photo

DSC_0181.jpg

Silicone sealer plus gasket and bolted up fitting

Pic of inside

DSC_0184.jpg

All ready to be bolted back up :)

DSC_0189.jpg

One step closer :)

You on nights or you do shifts now and then?

At night my kitchen transforms into modified central :)

Should have car ticking over with new fluids by Saturday and I'll start on cleaning the bay with 'gunk' until intercooler turns up

Can't wait (Y)

How did you get the sump off in the end?
Looks good and neat:)

Wound both 10mm nuts onto stud and removed the stud, gave me just enough to wiggle it off!!

Will probably remove the other side do I don't have to muck about when the sealants on there

I'm going for a small drive Saturday in my garage to hear the snail :eek:

Ha ha could do, might stick rocker cover in there at some point :eek:

Cleaned all evidence of works before I went to bed and tidied up

Seriously though would dishwasher work on rocker cover? We dont use it at all and landlord would never no :eek:

Man, youve built a sweet lookin superS man!!! think its one of the only k11's in this country that would just sit nice in one of those micra meets in the hills in japland. haa!!! I really REALLY miss my micras.:doh:

Man, youve built a sweet lookin superS man!!! think its one of the only k11's in this country that would just sit nice in one of those micra meets in the hills in japland. haa!!! I really REALLY miss my micras.:doh:

Awesome post :) thanks man appreciate it!! She"ll be awesome when done

You should get another super s Shero, you know you want to :laugh:

Karlj- spoke to him yesterday, he's waiting to be paid so he can order and fit the new intercooler and piping (Y)

Spoke to fella about s13 afm, that should be picked up either this weekend If I have time or posted for next week

When were done Me, Noddie and scopez are coming for ya solarice!!ha ha

Hopefully all up and running by the summer, which would be brilliant!!

Windows down, sunroof open, eating some bigger cars :)

this car is gorgeous :wasntme:.. fair play.. you've been a real insipiration infact i was tempted to put a bid on your old white one.. i think it's fair to say that some part of you must be jap marty :p.. keep up the good work buddy.

Have you tried retro rides for an intercooler? got mine from there and I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple on there going cheap

alright mate.. is it a front mount intercooler your looking for or just an intercooler in general? might know of a cheap one i'll pop him a text and let you know a price.. :grinning:

spoke to the lad today and he said you can have it pretty much :p just need to sort out postage.. that's if your intrested :grinning:

I reckon dishwashers would make an excellent parts washer.Not sure the ladies of the house would be so keen :eek:
Ha ha could do, might stick rocker cover in there at some point :eek:

Cleaned all evidence of works before I went to bed and tidied up

Seriously though would dishwasher work on rocker cover? We dont use it at all and landlord would never no :eek:

Back