• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

Can't turn the cat/ flange as the cat back don't fit, it's nothing you've done matey :)

It fitted perfectly on the old car, and I drove that with the cat back on and no rubbing banging or scrapping on the floor
The cat is lower on this car for some reason without the downpipe even connected

I've had a look and it appears the rubbers are bolted to the tunnel quite low down, I may remove seats and drill through the tunnel and put the bolts higher?

What you reckon? Don't think the smaller rubbers are gonna help that much at the mo

Will- I can't wait for it to be finished mate!! It's gonna be fun:)

no the flange in front of the cat martin, the bit with the jubilee clip on (which was temporary btw lol :wasntme:, needs a proper clamp tbh :grinning:)

martin, maybe try to ziptie (preferably metal zipties) the outer edge of the cat rubber hanger to tension it and so lift it up like i did to my backbox?

attachment.php

I'm lost :)

I now know what flange you mean now matey but can't see what flipping 18o deg would do?? Edited one of my photos mate please to explain
Thanking you as usual mr wizard :p

I'm lost :)

I now know what flange you mean now matey but can't see what flipping 18o deg would do?? Edited one of my photos mate please to explain
Thanking you as usual mr wizard :p

to remove the 2 nuts at the front of the cat, slacken the jubilee, and rotate the flange is what i had in mind martin

martin, maybe try to ziptie (preferably metal zipties) the outer edge of the cat rubber hanger to tension it and so lift it up like i did to my backbox?

attachment.php

Ah im with you, would rather do away with the rubbers completely and weld both ears/legs together !!

Will try these things tommorow

Also is that wood/cardboard on top of your back box? Cheeeaaaarrrss ;)

just scrap the exhaust :grinning:

or do as you said make it a side exit bring it to my work and we'll do it weve done a couple before, well done the mods to the sill etc lol or go truck style and av it out the top lol

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHH.. wrapped up the intercooler, turbo pipe and some cool looking blue pipe (Y) do i need a postage address orrrrr? intercooler is well under a cd width etc measured it with a george michael cd that just happened to be in my tool box :glare:

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

Awesome!! cheers syko(Y)(Y)

did a little bit more yesterday, havent got any parts to fit yet so thought id use the meguairs 3 stage paint cleaner

this stuff rocks:eek:

also got a bottle of GUNK from halfords to try and sort the mess out of the bay

that with a jet wash is pukka, just remember to cover everything electrical, remove battery etc

came out well

also started a little test patch on the inside of the bay, will come up as good as the outside of the car

anyways heres some pics(Y)

380f6005.jpg

da20271a.jpg

3f807de7.jpg

445d4002.jpg

the grill hasnt been t-cut polished etc as didnt have time

scopez was too busy sleeping:blush: and didnt get here till 11;30ish so didnt get much done in the way of photos as i was rushing to get mine done

next time eh mate(Y)

Awesome!
BTW Martin, I'm at my friends whom received the bumpers, they are in good condition overall, as you described. Thank you. The white on them is paint or primer?

Hi seb glad you recieved them ok

The bumpers will need finishing matey

The rear was in the process of being smoothed but never finished

And the front had the lines smoothed and sprayed in grey primer

I removed the grey primer with petrol ready for 2k primer

With a few hours and some body filler they would look excellent

Good luck !! ;)

Cheers guys, honestly I was a autoglym man using super resin polish before until u tried this

For those interested it's this stuff

I highly recommend using the meguiars scratch x or tcut first as you don't wanna see the sctratches under the polish

ff762c64.jpg

Go mental with it in all directions, clean it all off and onto

stage 1 paint cleaner

56de6c3c.jpg

Same again clean it all off and the panel will be a Matt chalkboard affect, don't worry:)

Then apply loads of

1011f608.jpg

And really go for it as this brings the paint back up to a high shine, remember to use a clean 100% cotton cloth in each bit for applying and wipe off after

Then onto the final stage, this is what keeps it shiny and repells the weather etc and stops stuff sticking to the paint

c0d1a4d4.jpg

Apply lots of and same as before go mental?

Remove with clean cloth and try to get all traces of it of

By now it should be as the pics above, another clean cloth to remove any last residues and buff to a high shine

Try to do one Panel at a time otherwise you will collapse in a heap from exhaustion!!;)

Never ever will use anything else, and car mops leave swirls if used incorrectly

Good luck (Y)

you serious
some of us may have pacemakers fitted!! this is shockingly gleaming out
black is the very deep when it shines like that!!

wow martin i need you to help me sort my car out like that im only down the road ill do all the work you can just give directions lol

wow martin i need you to help me sort my car out like that im only down the road ill do all the work you can just give directions lol

no problem mate (Y) anytime :)

solarice- cheers for the heads up, ive entered.....:eek:

felt proud to stick the micra in the mix!!

cheers for all the comments you guys:wow::wow:

holy smoke what a transformation!

soon im going to wash my car, clay bar it, and then mop it at work and then use some super finish polish! bet it still wont look this good!

how much did all them waxes and stuff come too?

Oooo, you tease!..........

........or have you only actually done up to the 'a' posts?

Yeah only got to there :(

Take sooo long but worth it

Will I've used a mop before on my 200, looked liked spider web city!!

I'll leave it for the pros for that, this is just as good plus alot cheaper than a proper mop

There £8 quid for each bottle but I've had them for ages when I had the 200sx, I had to buy it after ruining it with the mop

Cheers

[/QUOTE]scopez was too busy sleeping:blush: and didnt get here till 11;30ish so didnt get much done in the way of photos as i was rushing to get mine done

next time eh mate(Y)[/QUOTE]

DSC03989.jpg

DSC03987.jpg

scopez was too busy sleeping:blush: and didnt get here till 11;30ish so didnt get much done in the way of photos as i was rushing to get mine done

next time eh mate(Y)[/QUOTE]

DSC03989.jpg

DSC03987.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Cheeky biatch!! Fair play, where was I???

Ah ha these show the wings after stage 1 that does, all dull and chalky,

No words from the man himself though just pics ??

How you mate??(Y)

Loving the car Martin, couple of questions and sorry if this is going over old ground but what did you lower it with ie springs or shocks and springs and do you know the details of the wheels like offset and make. Sorry to be a pain just looks how i want lol

On corsa b coilovers mate, and on 13x7 offset 6 with 165/55/13's matey

WILL need to be arch rolled though as it's scraping in the rear like a good un!!

Fair do's :)

Ed when you come up we will gunk your engine and do the 3 stage on it :)

Does anyone know the correct oil for a turbo converted Micra?

Scopez has 5w50 halfords track day

My bro swears by Titan race pro s 0w40

Dammit I need some answers:)

Can get halfords for £24 for 5l on trade?

Fair do's :)

Ed when you come up we will gunk your engine and do the 3 stage on it :)

Does anyone know the correct oil for a turbo converted Micra?

Scopez has 5w50 halfords track day

My bro swears by Titan race pro s 0w40

Dammit I need some answers:)

Can get halfords for £24 for 5l on trade?

5w50 will be fine mate, if it worries you that much just get 10w40 and monitor the temps etc. As I said you dont have a oil cooler and believe me temps on a turbo engine are alot hotter which you know. Plus your driving style is something to look out for :laugh:

lol ive always been tempted to fiddle with my car that late but had fear some one will call the police and i would have some explaining to do plus look a bit silly lol

You de man! :D
Did you get the oil sorted? sorry i had to go so quick on the phone, the lecturer had started talking and everyone had gone quiet :p

Couldnt get the oil :( card got declined lol , no money !!

Can't even pay the 6 quid postage to syko for a free intercooler

I'm afraid there won't be any updates till pay day next month

Money is gay!

Back