• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

martboy21's k11 super s blog

mate micras rule :D...punto/corsa/saxo boys think there 1.1/1.2's are fast as ####. they dont stand a chance agianest the micra.

it aint some crappy 8v/12v single cam thing lol.

Very true - bear in mind also, that a bog standard 1.3 micra is almost the same bhp per ton as a non-tub scooby!
Had quite a few unsuspecting chavmobiles off the lights since I got my Super S, and the result is always the same - pointing and laughing, quickly turning into pure disbelief :grinning:

Micras Rule!

I agree with the above! I get plenty of people look, with the wide arches, nismo spoiler and the blue wide wheels, they look and say wtf? and why? So i say, why not? Im the only one in braitree (atm) with a micra like this, makes it one of a kind!

Loving the car btw! White micra' ftw! :grinning:

You just got your license back and your driving like that?:doh:

I dont drive round like a #### if thats what you think?
I usually have the mrs and my two kids in it and drive very sensible.
Just get ####ed off with chav mobiles thinking that its slow as a snail as its driven by nans etc.
When i got my car,i bought it for two reasons,

Price and insurance

However since owning it i have noticed the performance its alot more the what u would expect from a micra.
Still want more power though!

excellent car mate, all my mates ask me why i have a micra aswell, my answers?
cheap insurance,
good performance,
its diffrerent to the every day scene
and finally, reliability. havnt had a thing wrong yet (touchwood)

excellent car mate, all my mates ask me why i have a micra aswell, my answers?
cheap insurance,
good performance,
its diffrerent to the every day scene
and finally, reliability. havnt had a thing wrong yet (touchwood)

Totally agree,my eldest brother took the #### when i said i was getting one,couldn't stop laughing infact

"why dont u get a corsa or a polo and do stuff to that?"

Im a jap man,always have been,since modding my k11 and him drivin it round the twistys he's eaten his words,he loves it!!

Its kind of like a sleeper car,i love it!

I dont drive round like a #### if thats what you think?
I usually have the mrs and my two kids in it and drive very sensible.
Just get ####ed off with chav mobiles thinking that its slow as a snail as its driven by nans etc.

Wasn't meant to offend or anything, everyone does it sometimes, just seems risky after already losing your license!

Micra's FTW!

now now children,dont start world war 3, every single person on this site who has modded there car has at some point regardless of what they say has floored it..

tell me one thing....

lowering
exhaust
manifold
filter
whiteline braces etc
flywheels
injectors
cams

whats the point of all this, looks!!?????

i dont drive like a #### but sometimes,only sometimes i give it some, no one can deny that they havent floored it either

anyway, today whilst at work i spotted an k11 sr for sale at 995 fromm garage in croydon. stuck out like sore thumb because of the front fogs, its got 97,000 on it and a few dings but totally standard car other than that

if anyone is interested in the car i can get the number tomorrow at work etc

ill upload some pics

01062009325.jpg

01062009326.jpg

01062009327.jpg

01062009328.jpg

01062009329.jpg

01062009330.jpg

01062009331.jpg

dooes it have discs on the rear???
there was no one there this morning to ask but its got nats sticker on window and flashing led so either alarm or remote cental locking, its has huge potential, i reckon if you turned up with 800 cash or maybe 700 slapped it in the fellas hand he would let it go. to be fair its only guys like us who see the value and potential, to others its just a ####ty littl micra!!ha ha

its right next to my work yard so ill check for rear discs in the morning squarepants,

some one some where has got to want it, infact id buy it if i ahd the cash, just for the sake of driven a different colour one each day!!

the dings are normal for car of this age and can be sorted, see the potential!(Y)

these were taken today of my nokia,at block of flats,thought they look quite cool!!

im birthday boy today so hopfully be getting manifold,

bit confused but will a facelift 1.0 flywheel fit my car and imrove performance?

im guessing its lighter than the 1.3 flywheel,or alternaively what the cheap option other than a jun one?

cheers

01062009323.jpg

01062009324.jpg

these were taken today of my nokia,at block of flats,thought they look quite cool!!

bit confused but will a facelift 1.0 flywheel fit my car and imrove performance?

im guessing its lighter than the 1.3 flywheel,or alternaively what the cheap option other than a jun one?

cheers

happy b/day martboy (Y) i think the post98 but pre2000 (non coilpack) is about 7kg, and the 1.3 is about 8.5kg.
you can get them down to 4.5 easily, on a lathe, and 4kg with some drilling (like mine :))
autosprint charge £50 + vat iirc

cheers

happy b/day martboy (Y) i think the post98 but pre2000 (non coilpack) is about 7kg, and the 1.3 is about 8.5kg.
you can get them down to 4.5 easily, on a lathe, and 4kg with some drilling (like mine :))
autosprint charge £50 + vat iirc

frank would you happen to have one for sale? would i have to take it out etc or do they do that all inclusive and fit back?

i can do majority of things i.e exhuast,springs,servicing, not to familiar on removing flywheel,can some give me a very very brief of what it would be?

does it make a big difference then?from what i gather it will make the car faster through gears? can some one eloborate
please?

im on here to learn to so any help would be much appreciated,cheers all for the birthday comments aswell!

also i need a janspeed manifold or similar,someone please help,i have enough money for one now,cheers

can call me on 07825159531 or just p.m thanks

frank would you happen to have one for sale? would i have to take it out etc or do they do that all inclusive and fit back?

i can do majority of things i.e exhuast,springs,servicing, not to familiar on removing flywheel,can some give me a very very brief of what it would be?

does it make a big difference then?from what i gather it will make the car faster through gears? can some one eloborate
please?

its a g/box off job martboy, a popular mod with the micra.com.au guys (numerous threads on there) but not as popular in the uk :suspect:, here,s mine
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=10759&stc=1&d=1223760204
a bit skimmed off the front, loads off the back and drilled too :)

please?

its a g/box off job martboy, a popular mod with the micra.com.au guys (numerous threads on there) but not as popular in the uk :suspect:, here,s mine

Ah right,best as a garage job then?

So far its filter,janspeed full system(tomorrow curtisy of matt/mph)with decat,weight reduction,lowered.light weight jap alloys.

What would be my next bang for buck performance mod you would recommend?

Cheers for the help frank,appreciated

not really, after i would go cams and re-mapp. light weight fly and uprated clutch. then thats as far as it would go with me. then its silly money after that lol.

Ah right,best as a garage job then?

So far its filter,janspeed full system(tomorrow curtisy of matt/mph)with decat,weight reduction,lowered.light weight jap alloys.

Cheers for the help frank,appreciated

if i was to start from scratch again, it would be, flywheel, exhaust mods, autosprint inlet cam, 1.6 throttlebody and raised compression ratio ( the bigger
t/b gives good gains when on gas, but can give complications when on petrol)
but this only applies if you diy (£200-£300) but non diy would cost well over a grand :eek:

4-branch manifold ;)

got that coming tommorow, the janspeed rally spec one with de-cat

cams are really expensive so will have to hold back but is the flywheel really worth it?

see i thought you could only re-map an aftermarket ecu,or am i wrong???

cheers all

got that coming tommorow, the janspeed rally spec one with de-cat

cams are really expensive so will have to hold back but is the flywheel really worth it?

see i thought you could only re-map an aftermarket ecu,or am i wrong???

cheers all

janspeed on now, what a #### that was to fit!!

broke my lamba sensor trying to remove it so got one from scrappys this morning,

bit more raspy bottom end but its all at top end of gear,it screams,i love it!!

strangely enough though the car cut out at the lights the idle keeps bliping up and down?

i read some where that the cars ecu needs to adjust (frank do i need to do something to it,reset it?can you confirm this please mate

want the sr20 det now!!

cheers all

i read some where that the cars ecu needs to adjust (frank do i need to do something to it,reset it?can you confirm this please mate

cheers all

dunno tbh :wasntme:, but thats happened to me before, and it,s usually cleared itself within in a day or 2 :)

dunno tbh :wasntme:, but thats happened to me before, and it,s usually cleared itself within in a day or 2 :)

i mean i was running on near empty fuel?keeps dropping to literally 200 - 300 rpm almost cutting out then comes back?

mmm next mod???

cheers for the info frank

i mean i was running on near empty fuel?keeps dropping to literally 200 - 300 rpm almost cutting out then comes back?

mmm next mod???

cheers for the info frank

happend to me aswell lol...but i was empty. started it up agian and used high rev-age and it moved. then died lol.

Martboy and sleeper ss: seeing as you are both in London therefore close by to myself; would either of you fancy coming to a meet sometime over this weekend or wenever? be good to have a little gathering/convoy. cheers

Martboy and sleeper ss: seeing as you are both in London therefore close by to myself; would either of you fancy coming to a meet sometime over this weekend or wenever? be good to have a little gathering/convoy. cheers

yeah sounds good scopez

got a few wip to sort out and cars going into sprayers for a couple of bits to sort out for jae.

isnt there a south meet coming up soon?(Y)

There's the Croydon meet at Hannibal Way of the A23 on Thursday nights.I was up there last week.Saw 3 or 4 Micras..
Was all going on until plod arrived & harrassed a few 1 wheel moped riders.

little update..

whiteline panhard rod on,fitted by mph mechanics

cleaned engine bay

fitted front squirter,(sorry modded,could help me self) so much fun!

de stickered boot

fitted new window squirters as mine were ####ed

ill update with some photos tommorow after work,

oh one last thing

look what MIGHT be coming from japland!!!

koike_ap-img600x450-1246070202voau0.jpg

didnt win auction,was convieniently out bid buy 500 yen!!grrr

nevermind

an update in min just waiting for photobucket to upload

right got the car back from sprayers and he smoothed my rear wiper hole,such a good job, although he (forgot!) the door handles!!?? sprayed boot handle,both doors and rear quarter panel where the dent was. although he got overspray on my wheels and tyres so wheels now need painting again!!grrr might just get some hammerite high resistant paint and do that!!

went to ancaster nissan in penge saturday morning and picked up colour match spray,so much better than halfods and cheaper!!

decided to take matters in to my own hands whilst at work

"my temp spray booth!!"

DSC_2002.jpg

colour coding my aerial surround!

DSC_2003.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/martboy21
/DSC_2004.jpg

DSC_2013.jpg

finished product
DSC_2032.jpg

before

DSC_2007.jpg

finishing door handle

DSC_2011.jpg

finished product

DSC_2005.jpg

now some photos of car after everything done

DSC_2009.jpg

DSC_2010.jpg

DSC_2014.jpg

DSC_2015.jpg

DSC_2017.jpg

DSC_2018.jpg

DSC_2022.jpg

DSC_2023.jpg

DSC_2030.jpg

DSC_2038.jpg

cheers all:suspect:

My favourite car on here.

Please don't go overboard with the colour coding, it'll look like a white blob.

i see what you mean, to be honest the door handles and boot handle definately need doing on evry micra

im not colour coding my interior, or spraying my dial surround etc etc. imo in my car it would look tacky,

would love a full black interior though

''ALL'' (ha ha) i want now is more power and new tyres and nicer seats

b47to has some but way to far away :(

would ep3 fights be an option with welded subframes or they too big?

cheers

oh yeah just a question why do people block out there number plates in there photos? what for?

Back