• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Katie's S Blog

Katie

Half Micra Half Primera
Katie's S Blog - aka Marvin the Micra!

Well I thought id give this a go.

Had my 2000 S for a week or two now, its X reg and has 37k on the clock. Ive started to make a list of tinkering things to be getting on with.

Its a 2nd car so i dont have to worry about it being off road / time taken etc so Marvin can get his ass pimped :laugh:

Shopping list :

• New Head unit
  • Spoiler
  • Alloys
  • Interior retrim
  • New gear knob
  • Refurbished rocker cover
  • Bloody good engine bay clean up (Might need a few dabs of rust treating,any recommendations?!)
  • Some engine dressing coloured hoses
  • Clear repeaters
  • Tints
  • Strut brace
  • Indcution kit
  • Pre facelift front lights
  • Re-trimmed gear gater and a hand brake gater
  • Better Alarm
  • Central locking upgrade
  • Electric window upgrades
  • Interior lights changing colour (My primera has a blue interior light and pink map lights LOL)
  • Front and rear splitter

And i think thats just about it for now.

The head unit has already been fitted, spoiler found and sent off to be painted.

Better cleaning up of the engine bay is needed, wasnt too bad, just very dusty! One older lady owner from new :wasntme:

So without further a do - id like to introduce Marvin the Micra :D

20070831_085810_SP_A0256.jpg

20070831_085832_SP_A0257.jpg

20070831_085857_35532891afd8b49.jpg

SP_A0271.jpg

SP_A0270.jpg

good luck with the pre facelift lights change. As i think you'll be needing a bit more than just lights for this mod!!

Well poor old Marvins been neglected over christmas but ive been working away on him when i can.

Debadged the rear yesterday and i absolutely love it.
DSC00193.jpg

Just gotta wait for the lighter nights to get all the little bits put on and sorted out cuz i go to work in the dark and get home in the dark so that sucks!

If you find spots of rust, hammerite do rust eater you brush on. Do this then wash it off and finally spray on some undercoat anti rust paint. I tihnk alot of them contain zinc, this will help as best as possible to stop it returning. Then just paint over etc..

Not a single spot of rust so that was absolutely fab as i was expecting summat.

The water poured out from under the nissan one though LOL

Those later K11s are pretty good for rust. If anything you're most likely to find it on the front cross bar and that may only be visiable if you took off the bumper. The back looks very clean now without the badges.

Lol, i'm sure he'll come round! Us girls have excellent moaning skills!!

Looking good though :)

Thanks chick

He said we couldnt get a 2nd car to start with, took 5 days of mild nagging and 1 day of constant "can i have a car" before he agreed.. and got it on the 7th :laugh:

Thanks chick

He said we couldnt get a 2nd car to start with, took 5 days of mild nagging and 1 day of constant "can i have a car" before he agreed.. and got it on the 7th :laugh:

then i must be a top husband. looking into buying the wife one of these, toyota altezza 2.0 beams engine 210bhp :)

yours sounds like it's coming on now btw ;)

Attachments

• mediaCAHFX0KG.jpg
    mediaCAHFX0KG.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 357
  • media.jpg
    media.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 337
Shaun i only found out you were married the other day, i thought you were only about 19!! Gary looks WAAAAAAAY older than you!!!

The husband (Paul)'s after a new car in the near future, think he's leaning towards an accord type R, so hopefully i might get the primera and sell the micra one, which would be handy for me having a bigger car.... but saying that, im tempted to go and trade the micra in against a Seat Leon :wasntme:

BUT .... in the mean time.....

I had a day off today so decided to make a start at my interior colour coding.... Didnt bother trying to smooth off the gear surround, i like the look of it rough with the KL0 on top of it, it looks like tin foil! :D

Coded the dash panel too, i know it was already silver to start with but it was an ugly kinda silver so i gave it a few coats of KL0... wont get time to rub it down and smooth it off before lacquering it so that will have to wait till the weekend... cant leave the car till then with the dash all hanging open....

And photo that doesnt do it justice....
DSC00011.jpg

Dont worry, i think i love Marvin too much to get rid of him, i'd probably keep him in my backgarden and feed him and take him for walks :D

thats what i want my dash surrounds to look like, lol but i carnt be arsed to paint them, been working on my rocker cover alday yesterday and today, ill leave it a few weeks or months :p

thats what i want my dash surrounds to look like, lol but i carnt be arsed to paint them, been working on my rocker cover alday yesterday and today, ill leave it a few weeks or months :p

God there is always one who wants to copy :p :D :D :D LOL

And I only realised you were at the npoc rolling road day too, im well behind the times with things arent i... in my own little world most of the time :wasntme:

Got started on painting up the light brows. Still not 100% sure on these but they were black plastic so it was hard to tell whether they were looking weird because of the colour or just weird. Im hoping i like them on LOL :D

DSC00019.jpg

Fitted some red leds behind the dash tonight too but no pictures of that yet.

Will have to fit the red festoon light and surround tomorrow teatime while its reasonably light enough.

Will update with some pictures once ive done that.

Oh, and i need some brighter bulbs behind my LCD display, like a purer white, any idea what the bulbs are behind there in the facelift facelift?

Dont think ill be able to make out the display if i try to put red ones in there so whitish ones will have to do.

Well they arrived in black plastic, completely as is, so obviously i had to colour code them! Just wanted to try them out first as soon as i got them, which is why i couldnt decide if the black on silver was putting me off or the actual brows.

Shaun i only found out you were married the other day, i thought you were only about 19!! Gary looks WAAAAAAAY older than you!!!
<<<<<<<<my age is in here<<<<<<< lol.
and i'll have been married 5 yrs in august :)
he looks older because of his big paper round lol (and fags). he was only in the year above me at school.

Oh, and i need some brighter bulbs behind my LCD display, like a purer white, any idea what the bulbs are behind there in the facelift facelift?

Dont think ill be able to make out the display if i try to put red ones in there so whitish ones will have to do.

they are the same as primera ones iirc.
white wide angled led ones should do the trick, like these.
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/wide-angle-high-ultimate-wedge-white-p-1486.html

with these
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/286t-part-only-included-p-852.html

or these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/led-286t-509t...ryZ28646QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'd say the seperate ones look better, and you need 5 if you're wanting to do all clock bulbs or one for just lcd part.

<<<<<<<<my age is in here<<<<<<< lol.
and i'll have been married 5 yrs in august :)
he looks older because of his big paper round lol (and fags). he was only in the year above me at school.

you wish you was 19 :p you would have engough cash to turbo...but then agian insurance would be killer on a turbo micra lol

Thanks Shaun, got the instruments sorted, sent Paul out lastnight in the dark with them to put in!

Im definately going to go for the whiter LCD backlight as it looks ####y as it is!

Id upload the picture i took but my night time photography with my phone leaves alot to be desired! :D

Thanks for the links hun... and he's deffo had a hard paper round.... lol :D

Im 25 in May and have been married 2yr in Oct 08. the time has right flow, been with the wife (lol) for 6yr now we'd have been married 5yr too if we'd got married the first time we decided to do it... or 4 the second time LOL

Light brows and gear surrounds lacquered, boot grab painting started as well as lowest dash cubby hole and the handbrake surround.

Had to side track and paint husbands light brows in Z11 metallic kuro black (nissan black primera metallic)

My fingers are a lovely shade of black and silver.

post up a pic of the dials @ night, and a link to the led's you went for, i'm going to change my blue leds as i can't see the needles properly or the red on the fuel gauge @ night, so i don't know how much fuels left lol.

Yeah there was a bit of artistic license in the picture to make the pretty star shapes on the lights :wasntme:

i'm putting normal bulbs back in mine, i don't know if it's the same in the 00-02 headlights, but mine just blinds everyone. it puts the beam pattern in, but still looks like i've got main beam on. i don't like to annoy folk and i keep getting flashed.

Ive not had anyone flash me yet, and i drive mainly on pitch black roads, even in the country lanes (i live in the country lol) where most switch from high beam back to main, ive had no flashes or toots or owt like that. Not even on busy roads/dual carriageway too.

Followed my husband and he said they looked fine in his rear view, and followed my dad with em too but he's a posh arse and his rear view automatically tints when theres a car behind him :wasntme:

Ive got them on the highest setting on the knob on the dash, is that 2 or 3? cant remember and the pattern seems nigh on perfect and kinda mirrors what is on the 144. Who knows, might even be to do with ride height etc, stranger things have happened.

i'm putting normal bulbs back in mine, i don't know if it's the same in the 00-02 headlights, but mine just blinds everyone. it puts the beam pattern in, but still looks like i've got main beam on. i don't like to annoy folk and i keep getting flashed.

Wouldn't that just be beam allignment?

Ive not had anyone flash me yet, and i drive mainly on pitch black roads, even in the country lanes (i live in the country lol) where most switch from high beam back to main, ive had no flashes or toots or owt like that. Not even on busy roads/dual carriageway too.

Followed my husband and he said they looked fine in his rear view, and followed my dad with em too but he's a posh arse and his rear view automatically tints when theres a car behind him :wasntme:

Ive got them on the highest setting on the knob on the dash, is that 2 or 3? cant remember and the pattern seems nigh on perfect and kinda mirrors what is on the 144. Who knows, might even be to do with ride height etc, stranger things have happened.

zero is the highest setting for the beam level.

Wouldn't that just be beam allignment?

no, the beam is low, you can clearly see the line on the road, but even if you stand over the lights it blinds you.

Must be zero mine is on then, i admit i havent looked at the numbers, just looked out, counted the clicks and watched the light beam
:blush:

Back