what did you do to your micra today ?

would a worn top mount cause banging? i think thats what it might be on mine? but ill have to wait till after i fit my new steering rack!

a knocking on rough surfaces is usually the bottom balljoint will :eek:
and the helpers are squashed flat when you drop the car z eh (so they do sweet FA)

a knocking on rough surfaces is usually the bottom balljoint will :eek:
and the helpers are squashed flat when you drop the car z eh (so they do sweet FA)

what would that leave us with,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the need for slightly softer srings so damper can react nicely with em ?

since doing the suspension im affraid unless i never noticed it before! only from the passenger side! and not all the time either!

does it on any kind of road and i originally thought it was the bottom mount come loose but was tight as (sorry karl for thinking you left it loose)

and no i didnt take them apart at all simply swapped stright over!

i run about 50mm slack in my springs. no helper springs. i have about 10mm of bump before it hits the stopper. its awesome!!

frank id put the matiz back on lol i find my ebay coilovers to be a bit bouncy, almost to the point its dangerous. i managed to get bilstein mx5 rear shocks which are amazing but the front end scares me.

could be a solvent for this quick bounce we have
and them coilie fronts i got look like they had the part where top unscrews out to change shocks

and them ebay fronts i got look like they had the part where top unscrews out to change shocks

the damper inserts could be removed/changed, i managed to turn that big retaining cap about 1/8 of a turn with great force, but it did,nt slacken and i gave up :wasntme: (anticlock btw, probably threadlocked at the factory)

frank is it possible i could have turned the top mount and it isnt seated properly causeing it to wobble about at its own accord? this car is giving me headaches! dunno why i didnt scrap the thing when i had the chance before i dont too much to it

Just swap the shock over temporarily to see what affects it has. When i first got my spax coilies i missed one of the main parts for the top mounts cause i stupidly done it in the dark outside. Which caused a bad knock on bumps

but they were fine on karls car and nothing has changed! lol and i have nothing to swap over with!

ill change the steering rack and see how it goes maybe that knocking

frank is it possible i could have turned the top mount and it isnt seated properly causeing it to wobble about at its own accord? this car is giving me headaches! dunno why i didnt scrap the thing when i had the chance before i dont too much to it

i would only be guessing will, best to get someone to violently shake the top of the wheel while on the ground, and shine a torch underneath

wonder if the standard k11 front springs fit

the mean dia is too big eh, civic/rover fronts aint far out tho eh (Y) (with a k11 topcup)

Attachments

• SDC12762.JPG
    SDC12762.JPG
    273.9 KB · Views: 579
The helper spring is for tuv approval. The keep the main spring captive even on full low.

the mx5 has ebay coilies on full low with helpers and its as bad as the micra grr

The helper spring is for tuv approval. The keep the main spring captive even on full low.

the mx5 has ebay coilies on full low with helpers and its as bad as the micra grr

we must have a stiff track kit then as with mine it only happens trying to go over speed hump too quick

they may be handy if you tyed em under the shoe heel
can only see em helping with bounce, ( last part of the up stroke )

drill wire brush calipers ,black jack brush'd rust paint

DSC02571.jpg

I've fitted my corsa coilies with the helper springs, I assumed more coils would equal less force, as in be softer. The helper springs are completely compressed when sat but jacked up they extened abit. I think my suspension's fares reseonably well, and even with my low profile 165/55/13 tyres it's still quite comfortable, it can be quite firm though.

Frank, those corsa topmounts look like they add about 2" extra to the height. Mine is much flatter. Can you not swap them for micra mounts?

Today, I had to put petrol in, found I have averaged 390miles from a full tank to the redlight with a mixture of rush-hour city-driving and 60mph roads. Quite pleased. And when trying to be more fuel efficient I managed to get about 70mpg over two 100mile trips:)

fitted the corsa coilies this morning :)
first impression is that they,re not much different to the matiz legs :eek: hmmmmm, was,nt expecting that !

fitted the corsa coilies this morning :)
first impression is that they,re not much different to the matiz legs :eek: hmmmmm, was,nt expecting that !

Also thankyou very much for the stuff in the post, came through this morning

Not sure whether to cut it so Sits beneath the thread, level with the thread or above

Which would prevent the top nut spinning??

Frank you have coilies!!? Good on ya, now wind em down !! Lol

they,re fully down mate, and still no lower than the matiz ones :eek:

Also thankyou very much for the stuff in the post, came through this morning

Not sure whether to cut it so Sits beneath the thread, level with the thread or above

Which would prevent the top nut spinning??

nice one :), and as long as you have a thrust bearing the nut wont undo itself (Y)

Attachments

• SDC12768.JPG
    SDC12768.JPG
    268.1 KB · Views: 475
nothing on the micra today apart froma drive and put some petrol into it! 327 miles to a full tank haha

mainly my dads 106 though! new manifold and back box at £12 each from scrappers

while f=jacking it up the jack slipped and damaged some fuel filter beside the tank and made a little mess and has deemed the car undrivable till a new bit is obtained! but fitted the mid section rubber mount and new back box! unable to see if its quieter though

Back