what did you do to your micra today ?

"applied" some curvature to my trailing arms :eek: which has brought the axle forward a bit for more tyre clearance/slammage (Y)

Attachments

• SDC12784.JPG
    SDC12784.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 552
Did some mot work

Just to get the bumper off
5ce82b0e-f302-f363.jpg

Bumper off
5ce82b0e-f331-6d3f.jpg

Crossmember
5ce82b0e-f353-118e.jpg

5ce82b0e-f365-f8f7.jpg

The finished product
5ce82b0e-f38d-c45d.jpg

5ce82b0e-f3a2-abf5.jpg

May not be pretty but hopefully will do it's job

lookin good karl (Y)

"applied" some curvature to my trailing arms :eek: which has brought the axle forward a bit for more tyre clearance/slammage (Y)

then removed the springs and took it for a run round the block on the bumpstops lol :wasntme:

Attachments

• SDC12789.JPG
    SDC12789.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 698
back to crail on the fast ford day............ micra 3 - 0 Others

got no traction in the wet with these 165's but managed to stop wheelspinning in 3rd for long enough to blitz past an 1800 focus, fiesta zetec s on throttle bodies and a rev1 mr2 with 170bhp rev 3 engine..!! get in

everyone thought it was a 1600.. lol, no guys, just a 1300 with filter and backbox. haha classic

Tried fitting some Borbet T's to the micra today. Mixed results, but to put it bluntley, they're not on anymore.

To give an idea, these are 16x7 on the front, and 16x9 on the rear. After putting some M10 bolts upfront to add some camber, and rolling the arches a bit, the fronts fitted beautifully. Then we got to the rear. We had tried these as just the rim, no tyre before, and knew they fitted well there, but unfortunately, with the lows, and a standard panhard rod, the NS tyre gets cut up on bottom of the strut tower, and the OS hits the arch, even when rolled.

So this left us with a few options. Roll the arches more, get a shorter or adjustable panhard rod, put some washers in behind the stub axle to camber the rear wheels, or stretch a smaller tyre. Running out of time, we decided to put the original alloys back on and have a think. Here's some pictures though:

Needs more lows
Borbets1.jpg

Borbet2.jpg

Mmm
Borbet4.jpg

From the rear though, it reaks of Corsa B monster trucks :(

some real noice work going on K11 HEROES!!!!!

me and audi a3 pitted in a race? choka blok traffic so just chited in his face,,clown cant drive,flashing me from behind so i open'd my door and let him know he is a bech :laugh:

haha nothing micra today though!

figured how to fix my dads 106

and may have found a home for the golf so work can commence! (yay a garage yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay)

back to crail on the fast ford day............ micra 3 - 0 Others

got no traction in the wet with these 165's but managed to stop wheelspinning in 3rd for long enough to blitz past an 1800 focus, fiesta zetec s on throttle bodies and a rev1 mr2 with 170bhp rev 3 engine..!! get in

everyone thought it was a 1600.. lol, no guys, just a 1300 with filter and backbox. haha classic

19 secs ant :eek: aint they got a track drier at crail ?

Absolutely hacked it around 110 miles of the best roads sussex has to offer with my mate in his mini. He's quicker on the tighter turns as he has pretty much no suspension :p Stoped at 3 pubs on our way round and took a quick photo

Attachments

• IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    917 KB · Views: 508
Well today I took some shots of my K11.

I now plan to modify the images in Photoshop + Modo (3d program) and try and mod it to how I would like to see it

bought some more matiz legs lol :wasntme:
fitting them with the full 10 coils makes the front too high and soft, and cutting them down to 7 coils (middle) gives the right height but too firm a ride (same as these current coilies) :doh:
but unpicking and lowering the lower perch drops the front down a treat (Y) trial and error now to get the comfort/handling/ridehight compromise for moi :)

Attachments

• SDC12793.JPG
    SDC12793.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 463
Do you think the matiz legs have better damping than the coilies?

Could the bottom bracket be unpicked and raised an inch or so? I know the driveshaft is below but there is about 2inch clearance :)

Could the bottom bracket be unpicked and raised an inch or so? I know the driveshaft is below but there is about 2inch clearance :)

your questions have very deep meanings :grinning: i like (get me pm?)

the downstroke of the coilie damper is very firm kev (same as the upstroke) so i guess it would handle better ?
but i find i,m bobbing up and down in my seat on all but the smoothest of roads :eek: (they may suit a higher spec/heavier k11, dunno )
i,ve done the 1 side for now and its looking very promising so far (i,ll reserve judgment atm tho :) )

Whilst 'fine tuning' the ground clearance (yesterday) i thought id drop the rear on the bumpstops (didnt take it round the block like frank though :laugh:)

IMAG0194.jpg

Commenced the weight reduction ! ;D

So far i've managed to get rid of 50kg..

still got all the dash, roof liner ... carpet and some plastics to come off..

was considering going uber crazy and drilling holes in shiz, but... i've not come to that yet :wasntme:

Thankfully my k11 isn't held together by rust :grinning:

IMAG0158.jpg

50mm before its on the bump stops :D what do I win?
Thanks for matiz leg answers frank, ill try nodding the one I have left here.

What's stopping us draining out the oil and replacing with more viscous oil?

I like stiff springs but not bouncy coilies :(

win win kev (Y)

What's stopping us draining out the oil and replacing with more viscous oil?

or else altering the valving eh, there,s a spring to give the initial damping then that opens up for the general damping i believe, so i think you juggle the shims and select a different valve spring
but i prefer the high damper ratio of the matiz ones personally

win win kev (Y)

or else altering the valving eh, there,s a spring to give the initial damping then that opens up for the general damping i believe, so i think you juggle the shims and select a different valve spring
but i prefer the high damper ratio of the matiz ones personally

Hmmm do you think its possible successfully cut some open, modify the valves/shims and then weld back up without making a pigs ear of it? matiz sounds perfect but they don't go low enough :( unless I can move the bottom bracket up by an inch or so!

Hmmm do you think its possible successfully cut some open, modify the valves/shims and then weld back up without making a pigs ear of it? matiz sounds perfect but they don't go low enough :( unless I can move the bottom bracket up by an inch or so!

for handling and vari-drop the coilies win imo kev, i just could,nt live with the ride i,m afraid :wasntme:

WDID ? fitted the other "new improved" matiz leg.......ahhhhhhhhhhhh bliss :grinning:
i,ve inflated my tyres back up to 40 psi now, and i can drive over a concreted surface again now without it sounding like there,s a machine gun going off under my dash :p

Nah mate inbox is full, ill sort it tonight and and you a pm with some pics. What you mean by my questions are deep? Lol

i mean info........
what would slightly softer spring or progresive(like frank mention'd) do to damping performance on these oily coilies , stop bounce or increase, seems the bounce is at very low speed

WDID ?
"altered" the gearbox mount :eek: now the g/box is an inch or two higher and a bit less in harms way, and the shafts are straighter, from this new lownesssss :grinning:
(next job...........cut the front crossmember off and weld the custom one higher up for more clearance :cool:)

Attachments

• SDC12800.JPG
    SDC12800.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 432
did nothing to my little mika but had a good handling advice for K11s. Someone i know does various launches and stuff for nissan, now way back in 98 they did a rally and track racing thing and tried a load of suspension setups, apparently the best one for handling is to keep everything standard apart from the dampers, so anyone not looking to spend alot of pennies on aftermarket suspension just send me cake or something in exchange for this advice (Y)

replace my cone filter with an Almera airbox with k&n panel, didn't make the scrappies as I had to visit my dear slightly older mum on her birthday. Off tomorrow though so here we come!

WDID ?
"altered" the gearbox mount :eek: now the g/box is an inch or two higher and a bit less in harms way, and the shafts are straighter, from this new lownesssss :grinning:
(next job...........cut the front crossmember off and weld the custom one higher up for more clearance :cool:)

the drivers side mount that i bought off of superls makes the engine sit higher on the drivers side by about half inch, i was considering raising the other two too match and give my sump and exhaust some room. the only problem for me is the drive shafts are getting seriously close to the chassis and iam not sure if its a good idea without notching the chassis :glare: i could do with drop spindles also because my lca and tierod have mega gangsta angle :blues: scrapyard time again i feel :D

the drivers side mount that i bought off of superls makes the engine sit higher on the drivers side by about half inch, i was considering raising the other two too match and give my sump and exhaust some room. the only problem for me is the drive shafts are getting seriously close to the chassis and iam not sure if its a good idea without notching the chassis :glare: i could do with drop spindles also because my lca and tierod have mega gangsta angle :blues: scrapyard time again i feel :D

no chassis/shaft contact problems with k11,s thankfully kev :) and trackrod angles dont look steep enough to present any bumpsteer issues
WDID ? cut the crossmember off (and other superfluous steel :wasntme:) and fitted a higher alloy one :cool:

Attachments

• SDC12802.JPG
    SDC12802.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 405
Well, after the front camber adjustment from sunday tried to kill me, I went back to standard. Not quite as much grip in heavy cornering, but it's a price to pay for the wet weather handling and such the camber gave.

I stripped out the carpert today after finding a water leak somwhere. I have a feeling I know where it's coming from, but it's best to let the carpet dry out anyway, and it'll hopefully confirm my thoughts.

stalling tactics for the santa pod challenge methinks :suspect: :grinning:

LOL, I wish. They've been on damn back order for several weeks now so the car is just sitting in bits with zero progress. Quite frustrating when you're trying to get things done and have no idea when they will be likely to arrive. I'm getting quite p'd off to be honest :mad:

It wont make any difference to when we run because we still have to dump the 15's, get shot of the GTIR brakes and put the car on a diet to get rid of unwanted mass all round but it would be nice all the same to see where the car is before the bad weather sets in...

Back