what did you do to your micra today ?

cut the rear bumper and support down, for less drag parachute effect
View attachment 22289

Do you find much difference with the bumper trimmed Frank? (there must be some benefit other you wouldn't have done it) but any idea MPH wise?

I'd toyed with the idea of putting a smooth skin from the spare wheel well to the bumper lip to smooth the airflow out....

i dunno paul, i guess you would only tell from a wind tunnel test eh, i trimmed the red car right up to the boot floor.
most new cars have a venturi type rear bumper eh

car_photo_200128_7.jpg
P4190879.JPG

Bit of thin ally sheet and a pop riveter would give you a nice complete flat floor with a bit of inginuity, that would be the most difficult/expensice way but would give the best results

Bit of thin ally sheet and a pop riveter would give you a nice complete flat floor with a bit of inginuity, that would be the most difficult/expensice way but would give the best results

Yeh its the weight vs gain that id like to know first... or if the cars low enough to warrant it working!

i dunno paul, i guess you would only tell from a wind tunnel test eh, i trimmed the red car right up to the boot floor.
most new cars have a venturi type rear bumper eh

View attachment 22290View attachment 22291

frank I once had a thought yrs ago bout making a full undertray like on a Lotus to ensure smooth airflow underneath (extra downforce is a bonus) cos the underside of most cars are so exposed for ease of access and soo aerodynamically 'draggy'

^that's interesting (the bumper things)
My mum's K12 is a standard bumper and mine (sport) has almost got this already...not exactly but...sort of
...so I'm not sure if mine has any actual effect on it? (aerodynamic or otherwise) :p
pic's in a second (will edit)

ETA: My Mums... (2003 SVE)
DSC00399_zpsec4abe70.jpg

Mine...so glad you can't tell just how grubby she is :p (2005 Sport+)
DSC00401_zps7605101a.jpg

are you going to put something across the gap, flush to the underside?...or vent maybe? or would that be too much? ^_^

Really looking forward to see how it looks with the stickers. It's looking awesome at the moment regardless. Glad to see a lot of outside-the-box stuff like this lately!

Got the other front tire fitted and the whole thing tracked. The result is a much happier Micra and owner. The car feels so much better so my 90 mile daily commute can now be done in a bit more style :)

Hi Doug, I was born and raised in Stourbridge and still have 'family' there. Without giving too much away I wonder were abouts you are. Car looking good by the way :D

Thank looks smashing, but when is the turbo coming!

Managed to make up some brackets together for the intercooler and ill mount that at the front, then need to order some pipes and silicone hoses for the intercooler to turbo and the throttlebody and then is bolt on time, working alot of hours so its all time aswell!!!

Getting there slowly but no rush!!

J

Got the other front tire fitted and the whole thing tracked. The result is a much happier Micra and owner. The car feels so much better so my 90 mile daily commute can now be done in a bit more style :)

Hi Doug, I was born and raised in Stourbridge and still have 'family' there. Without giving too much away I wonder were abouts you are. Car looking good by the way :D

Wollaston mate :)

Took the cone filter off and stuck the standard box back on

Can confirm that although epic noise has been lost, it feels a hell of alot quicker and smoother

Looks like ill be heading away from the Cone set up and towards the Almera box

So ill be selling my cone set up soon :)

Replaced standard parcel shelf with a twin speaker one taken out of a k10 1.3 gx i think. Removed the speaker covers and sprayed black. Left in sun to dry and refitted. Thanks to nissan the wiring was allready there behind the carpet near the drivers side rear light. Simples plug and play !!!. When i bought the car 5 year ago the previous owner had managed to scrape the passenger side sill against something. Might have been a high pavement?? anyways i never got round to fixing it so sorted that out with some sand paper, a little filler, primer and spray can from Halfords. Whilst doing this i noticed the drivers side front anti roll bar link was gone as it had also been knocking. Jacked it up and WTF the bolt has sheared in 2. Replaced with a new one. Cost £4.50 and a little wd40.;)

WDIDT?...went to my first meet! ^_^

Oh and WDID...yesterday?...that I forgot to mention? *facepalm*
....got that call I was waiting for...I've my second interview tomorrow!!!! ;)
sounds like a great meet peeps :cool: and good luck jen
WDID ?
linished my front calipers till they were shiny shiny, then lacquered them :)

P4220911.JPG

WDIDT?...went to my first meet! ^_^

Oh and WDID...yesterday?...that I forgot to mention? *facepalm*
....got that call I was waiting for...I've my second interview tomorrow!!!! ;)

It would seem that meets are actually good luck , I also got an invite to an interview this morning :D but in other news what did I do today put some petrol in her after last nights tour of reading, Sainsbury's and sirchris's house :)

Back