what did you do to your micra today ?

and i did this yesterday
temporary_zpse12bb227.jpg

McMicra said:
WDID? Bought some iridium ngk plugs, and fitted a harryspeed fillter courtesy of IRNBROO :D

Iridium? Next time I'll flush your notes down the toilet myself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

sounds like a great meet peeps :cool: and good luck jen

Thanks Frank ;)

WDIDT? drove round to my second interview...I think it went really well...the guy I shadowed for a little bit gave me a sticker for my car window already! LOL (it acts as a parking permit for the store ;) )
...he also showed me the "S**t" list...banned and people to watch (this is in store security btw) which I don't think he should have, really? :p
the store is also literally a stones throw from the police station too...not that throwing stones at it would be a good idea of course LOL

also My mum drove hers this afternoon (1.4 SVE K12)...and we had a guy in his 1.0 K12 E 4 inches from her bumper...so she did a me and let him eat her dust! apparently I'm a bad influence :D

Booked both girls in for an oil and filter change. Gonna have all the aircon crap removed when the fitter has time, if I want to cool down - I'll open the window - simplez.
Then just looked at her. AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! bonkers or what ??????

Iridium? Next time I'll flush your notes down the toilet myself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Mines need changed, and i might aswell try em :L

EDIT: Realised iv got other stoff to pay for now so cancelled the order :L

Why is it such a bad thing skymera if you dont mind explaining?

What's the point in Iridium plugs? You're not running high power or boosting.

Pointless, expensive, normal plugs will do the job just as well.

iirc EBBdude gained a little power with bosch super 4s. We're talking 1 or 2 hp but every little helps. Never hurts to have a better spark I would've thought?

This was also my thinking, every little does help better spark = better fuel ecnomy because your burning hte fuel more efficently ect?
yeah because it burns faster. Much like advancing the ignition timing as Frank has pointed out.

iirc EBBdude gained a little power with bosch super 4s. We're talking 1 or 2 hp but every little helps. Never hurts to have a better spark I would've thought?
Yeah that's what I thought... When I actually buy some plugs I'll look into those but I bought an engine with 4 mint plugs in it lol so my old ones got binned!

s7hvUHa.jpg

Test fitted the new rimmage. They're in need of painting and new tyres first though!

I think I win the arch gap competition ;D

Wdid? Drove to wolves and am now sat waiting for mickey flanegan to take the stage :) practically next door to dougy now!
I've got less arch gap then than btw :p

Wdid? Drove to wolves and am now sat waiting for mickey flanegan to take the stage :) practically next door to dougy now!
I've got less arch gap then than btw :p

I dunno man, if you put your hand on the tyre you have to lift your fingers into the arch as the wheel is tucked right in there!

Glad I opted for 195/45 tyres, the 50s are just way to big... Will give me a little more arch gap and bring the car a little lower.

(I'm also infinitely jelly you get to see micky!)

I dunno man, if you put your hand on the tyre you have to lift your fingers into the arch as the wheel is tucked right in there!

Glad I opted for 195/45 tyres, the 50s are just way to big... Will give me a little more arch gap and bring the car a little lower.

(I'm also infinitely jelly you get to see micky!)
Yeah mine were like that on 50s but I'm on 45 now with a bit of camber which helps tuck them away.
Mickey... Is awesome! Interval atm, Hannah nearly died laughing first half!

Wdid? So far... 268 miles on 3/4 tank, that's better than my old engine by a fair mark! And included traffic, a blatt to show off to Hannah, and generally higher cruise speed!
I now know the benefit of a good service and properly set timing lol :)

WDID: Ran out of fuel on the way back from work, cars definitely poorly :( so ripped my mates micra to bits as it was due for scrapping for parts, now acquired:

Throttle body
Thermostat
Dizzy cap
Lamba Sensor

Hopefully going to try sort my economy issues out (as you can see the needle dropping very fast!)

Set for an oil change today, gna quickly try a quick clear on my engine so trying some 0w30 fully synth oil that I got for 10 pound (Reduced from 40) and run it slow for 2000 miles to clear up any gunk, then back on to the semi synth (hoping I don't rip any carbon off to harshly or damage any seals!!). But im happy because micras are pretty dam bullet proof heyy :p

Also my PAS fluid is bubbling when you turn the steering wheel, I think the cooler pipes had been bent before (Ones along the front) is there air in my system?

Drained gearbox oil out, put tractor rear axle oil in......nice and smooth with a tiny bit les drag I feel!!

sent using the send button. .....

last night removed induction kit, valeted & polished the old girl up & then a lady came round to view it & bought it :D
i really enjoyed my micra after 18 months of ownership & great reliability 'mighty mouse' will be getting collected tonight.
Credit to a lot of the guys on here are so helpful & knowledgeable about these cracking little cars, i tip my hat to you guys (like frank & peposhi etc)

we are having big changes at home i.e selling the house, selling our 3 cars & getting 2 new ones as we have started a family life with our little 18 month old boy & owning 3 cars is not viable any more!
so Micra, clio & subaru are going & i'm looking for a little 1.6 sporty run around like a saxo vts (please dont hate me!) & the wife will be getting a ford c-max or a xsara picasso that we can use as a sensible family car.

Great to be part of a great little community, keep up the great work & help guys. ;)

Tim

Back