what did you do to your micra today ?

Removed baffles from backbox, welded pipe in place to make a straight through backbox. Sounds awesome between 2500-4000 revs.

Hello everyone,

I have been busy since yesterday removing the front cross member. Now the frpnt side is but there are 2 spot weld inside which really looks difficult.

The next thing I stack with is engine support bar. The front side is done. But under neath there are 3 nuts need removing I don't know to do it.

My crap rolson ratchet brocke yesterday. Got a new silverline one from the local pound shop. Don't know if thats capable for those or not. Got an 18v cordless driver/drill from friend and thats not good either.

Regards

Got my GA15 TB, made up the template to cut a PTFE spacer for the TB/Inlet. Just to to cut it out, remove the wax-stat system, fit it and set-up the idle speed.

P4170868.JPG

Got my GA15 TB, made up the template to cut a PTFE spacer for the TB/Inlet. Just to to cut it out, remove the wax-stat system, fit it and set-up the idle speed.
you might post a pic up one day matt !
WDIDT ? mounted some rubber cotton reels onto the rear of the engine support member :)
when i replaced the little rubbers in it a few months ago the cabin vibes dropped bigtime, but under boost the rubbers are squashed to nothing, so this has cured it

WDID:Laid in bed all day, gave a stock backbox to my friend, stared at my blue micra for 10 minutes, then realised my phone had been factory reset in german, and lost all my pictures of mine and joes meet :( well gutted!

What will I do? Hmm garage it, swap front tyres to the back, clean her up a bit more I think (Ive washed her 4 times in the past week or 2 of owning her! o_O) maybe play with some rear speakers and make some connectors.

Sounds like a good day migs :p lol. My new engine is now in, just need to put the rest of the gearbox bolts back in and do up the rear mount and gear linkage then its plug everything back in and re fill with fluids for a test drive! That'll be tomorrows jobs.

WDID?

I have removed front cross member. Had a go with the rear of engine support an removed two nuts (those which frank mounted cotton) but could not do the one which another staff connected to it . Here is the video.

Wanted to open the caliper I got from the scrapy and noticed that it has small rip. Can be seen on 0:46 minutes of the vedio.

Is it save to use it or shall return and get another one/

Regards

Wdid? (now with some pictures)
Got most of the way through swapping the engine over :) and nearly dropped the gearboc on the floor while jiggling things...
Old engine out (didnt get pics in the process but it involved a crowbar to split from the gearbox!

the gap...

new one in (ish) still a lot to do tomorrow!

gearbox mated ok with some encouragement :) and ive got some of the mounts back on so i can leave it solid and safe while im gone

i think that pipe sticking up is becoming useless soon as its the t/b coolant iirc and im binning that link along with the waxstat cause it keeps playing up and revving its nuts off at traffic lights.

lh mount on :) after MUCH JIGGLING!

And for now that's all she wrote! Gonna finish rebuilding and bolting up tomorrow, rear mount/gearbox bolts to do, push the driveshaft back in now gbox is back central, replace the fuel rail and throttlebody onto the inlet mani and bolt on the alternator, dizzy and exhaust mani, seal up/remove the useless pipes and chuck all the excessive loom retaining braces (which were a right bitch to get off!) then fill up with coolant and oil and go for the traditional bonnetless test drive round the yard! :D i'm looking forward to that bit :p

nice jap engine though. i wish i could come there to learn from you. i am not that far from you. (surrey)
Doubt i'd be much help :p ive been working this out as i go along, had a general plan that got edited as i got to each new bit :) worked out in the end though! Now ive just gotta remember where all the bits go :p ive already used one of the bolts from the gearbox mount to bolt the gearbox to the engine :p so that'll need to be redone tomorrow once ive got all the others in place so it doesnt fall apart when i swap the bolt.

Drove it home from the lady's place and looked for a servicing option for it, think I'm going with Service4Service. Then I found this forum for it and am hoping to attend the event in September. Won't lie I haven't done anything to the car in the way of customizing it but after discovering some of the things people have done to theirs I'm definitely inspired.

(Last night) - Tried to fit the new GA15 TB to the Grp. A airbox and found it hits the airbox intake, the IVAC is taller and bigger than the K11 one, so the airbox will need some mods to make it fit. Still i got the PTFE spacer made at work before heading home.

Tonight will be final prep for London Rally for Heroes tomorrow and Saturday - see http://londonrallyforheroes.com/ for more info speccy's are welcome!

(Last night) - Tried to fit the new GA15 TB to the Grp. A airbox and found it hits the airbox intake, the IVAC is taller and bigger than the K11 one, so the airbox will need some mods to make it fit. Still i got the PTFE spacer made at work before heading home.

Tonight will be final prep for London Rally for Heroes tomorrow and Saturday - see http://londonrallyforheroes.com/ for more info speccy's are welcome!

If you have a dremel with a sanding drum fitted it will go through PTFE like butter mate

WDID...last night?...my internet was down yesterday evening so I couldn't show you all how sad I am :rolleyes:

Popped round to Asda, and spotted a 3door K12 SE...in white...so obviously I got over exited and took photo's! ...which aren't even all that great either <_<

DSC00395_zps16f13390.jpg

DSC00396_zpse6ee5c72.jpg

DSC00397_zps096c1423.jpg

....the people in the silver Pug, quite rightly, looked at me as if I were mental :p

I still can't decide if they (or the original owner at least) were done over by the dealer or if they are ebay demon's like myself
not only did the Jammie gits have a sunroof...they also had the headlamp protectors (£50 option) and the rear window blind set (£90 option)
...I wonder if they have entry strips (£50 option) and the boot liner too (£65 option) :D

I know....I have no life LOL

ETA!!!!! I just got a phone call about that job!!!!!...the one I really wanted!
I will be getting a call on Monday or Tuesday to arrange a second interview!!! YAYYY!!!!!!!! ^_^

WDID...last night?...my internet was down yesterday evening so I couldn't show you all how sad I am :rolleyes:

Popped round to Asda, and spotted a 3door K12 SE...in white...so obviously I got over exited and took photo's! ...which aren't even all that great either <_<

DSC00395_zps16f13390.jpg

DSC00396_zpse6ee5c72.jpg

DSC00397_zps096c1423.jpg

....the people in the silver Pug, quite rightly, looked at me as if I were mental :p

I still can't decide if they (or the original owner at least) were done over by the dealer or if they are ebay demon's like myself
not only did the Jammie gits have a sunroof...they also had the headlamp protectors (£50 option) and the rear window blind set (£90 option)
...I wonder if they have entry strips (£50 option) and the boot liner too (£65 option) :D

I know....I have no life LOL

ETA!!!!! I just got a phone call about that job!!!!!...the one I really wanted!
I will be getting a call on Monday or Tuesday to arrange a second interview!!! YAYYY!!!!!!!! ^_^
good luck with the second interview :)

Wdid?
Made Stuart the mechanic jump 6 feet backwards when I started the new engine up :).
I'm well impressed too as it started first time and immediately, not even a chuff first, just turn.the key and bang there it went! Spun if up in gear after and scared stu again when it threw flames out the exhaust ports :D maybe I should have put the mani on first :p

Over the last couple of days.....

New O/S front tire and track rod end. Tomorrow will deal with a new N/S front tire and have tracking done. Hope this will stop the car driving like poo and get my steering wheel straight which really is starting to bug me :mad: ,

IF all is well I will then give it a good wash and hoover.

WDID?

I have removed the engine support bar and tried to fit the new one, but the of the bolts did not go all the way. Thanks to frank who warned of the possible problems in case using force to tighten it.

I also removed the damaged bonnet and put the new on. Put the new caliper but needs some sort of sealant thanks again to frank for that.

Things still needs to be done:

1. Put the headlights on
2. Put the cross member
3. Charge the battery which gone flat
4. Sealant for caliper
5 Tap for engine support captive nut
6. Break fluid refill and bleeding.

That would be ready for MOT and subsequently VOSA, whatever they do.

Regards

Seconded Jen :) Hopefully you'll get the job so you can buy a better potato to take photos with ;)
potatoe!? Ade? o_O
....that was with my phone...it was dark.... I was walking...sideways/backwards...and the tw@s in the Pug were giving me dirty's
*is running out of excuses* LOL

I do genuinely need a new phone though...job will help with that... :p

Best of luck Jen big congratz :). Just had to ask though, when you took this... {photo}... How much coffee had you been drinking :D ?!
Thanks Guy
...It may actually be a lack of caffeine ^_^...I used to drink tonnes of cola...I mean litres of the stuff <_<
...but I finally managed to stop and haven't had any since February ... which is good...but apparently makes me shake like a chihuahua on charge... :p

WDID? Started sanding the alloys getting rid of all the sharp bumps n lumps, bought some P38 filler + Grey primer and gloss black :D

Will i need lacquer?

Fitted the nsf brake cooling ducting that went missing on the last rally!

Fitted road transport wheels/tyres, Suze got her washed and sorted the stickers, whilst i loaded up the service barge.

Just about all set for tomorrow now. Will be first time on pace notes!

Took bump strips off plus a load of paint...:mad:....oh well...pressure washed the old girl only to watch more paint fly off the bumper..:mad:....more work coming up then...

sent using the send button. .....

WDID? Started sanding the alloys getting rid of all the sharp bumps n lumps, bought some P38 filler + Grey primer and gloss black :D

Will i need lacquer?

I would do lacquer too...depends on the finish of the gloss black...the lacquer would help protect the finish from chips/last longer too
see how it looks when the gloss has dried/cured fully and then think about it ;)

Will i need lacquer?

I always finish alloy refurbs with your normal Halfords laquer, couple of cans will do the job. Not only will you get a little extra protection for chips and the weather but it adds a nice finish to the paint. Can't go wrong with the stuff :D

WDID I started on modding the Polo coilies I got from Scrappy other day, Fancy a bit of change from the Corsa ones ha! :p and see if they handle a bit better

Back