turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1, injector plugs 1,2 and 3 exit the loom in a row, and #4 plug exits the main harness further down, you must have a wiring fault azzy
Thank god found the fault after hours of looking for wat it can be and tested both ecu but same voltage, tested the 4th injector for any breaks in both wires but nothing, so test from the ecu where the 4th injector goes in which is yellow and blue wire, and seems to show 12ohm which is same as doing it from top on the injectors means no break in any wires? So now i tested for live wire as @frank said for each injectors with ign on I found all the 4 are live, so they all working wires, and now my only clue was ??? ?? Open the main wrap which is on the injectors and found this like @frank said it's all in one
qu6erepa.jpg
3 yellow wires in one ? each one was on 3 injectors and other yellow was not in the same wire wrap, now checking each yellow wire was in order only the 4th yellow was on the right hand side on the injector which I think caused the problem ? Guess it wasn't that even so I kept thinking wat it can be. I then put 4th connector into 3rd injector plug and left 3rd one out started up fine but was running on 3 cylinder, coz of 3rd one out, I then put 3rd plug in the 4th injector and guess wat ? It popped fuse ? So now I knew 100% the 4th injector was faulty no matter wat, and I even proven it by the 4th plug into this spare one
u4amypub.jpg
and no more pop on fuse ? So now I knew anything put in the 4th injector it will pop due to bad faultly one, I tryed 3 times on all the other 1/2/3 inejctor plug into the 4th one and it popped but on a spare injector it didn't? Now I can't get spare inejctor off it's rounding my screw off ? Very tight thanks for everyone's help @frank @Enuo

Sent from my iPhone using T

Well done for keeping at this! Glad you found the fault :)
Injector screw are a pita eh. I find you can get more force behind it when the rail is in the mani

Well done for keeping at this! Glad you found the fault :)
Injector screw are a pita eh. I find you can get more force behind it when the rail is in the mani
I have tryed too unscrew it while on mani and off the mani still very tight ?

Remove the rail and a pair of good quality mole grips will have the screws out, and use new allen bolts to replace the knackered screws.

Oh.. I thought you meant like an SDS. Err. Could give it a go :) the one I posted you can get everywhere pretty cheap though and are handy for lots of jobs.
No I have 3 types of drills but for this job I'll try and give it a go on 18v drill,

ive just read the last 4 pages and kicked my dog,,,,,,,,azzy you owe my dog a bone!!!!

il be honest though,,some people might not understand this but reading this thread makes a refreshing change from all the other car,bike,scooter,buggy build threads ive followed and done myself over the years

some threads i read you can tell when people are telling porkys or have just paid out for work and take the glory,,,,,,,,azzy,,your not mechanically minded but have taken on a major task,,,dont get me wrong you would be lost if it wasnt for this forum but its good to see you at it,,,even though its been up for sale 10 times and its been turned into a death trap its good to see all the small crappy jobs being documented and talked about

all that said,,,,,,,,,,please dont sell this car complete after youve taken it apart and messed with the wiring,,,unless you tell them everything and show them this thread,,,,you would be putting other lifes in danger doing so

ive just read the last 4 pages and kicked my dog,,,,,,,,azzy you owe my dog a bone!!!!

il be honest though,,some people might not understand this but reading this thread makes a refreshing change from all the other car,bike,scooter,buggy build threads ive followed and done myself over the years

some threads i read you can tell when people are telling porkys or have just paid out for work and take the glory,,,,,,,,azzy,,your not mechanically minded but have taken on a major task,,,dont get me wrong you would be lost if it wasnt for this forum but its good to see you at it,,,even though its been up for sale 10 times and its been turned into a death trap its good to see all the small crappy jobs being documented and talked about

all that said,,,,,,,,,,please dont sell this car complete after youve taken it apart and messed with the wiring,,,unless you tell them everything and show them this thread,,,,you would be putting other lifes in danger doing so
No bads wires to it ? I have a full wiring loom going in this week, I also thought about all the money gone into it I won't wana sell it, but many members have help, and I don't think u will find a fault with my car when am done with it, no rust no limp modes, no oil leaks or smokes, I will make it a 1 year project after am done with it

usagy4yh.jpg
yge6ujy5.jpg
y9ysa6yp.jpg
3a5a5uhu.jpg
eme5aje3.jpg
took screw off the working injector and took the old one off and was shocked comparing it, I knew it was burned out so swapped over and started up on first click, I then checked taking off inejctor loom one by one and they all work no misfire at all? and stays at 1k rpm but after 5 mins the car just stalled ? What can that be ?

Is the idle set too low? 1k rpm will be the cold enrichment time for 5 mins. Then it drops down to about 700-750 when it's warm. It just stalls doesn't really give us much to go on.

Is the idle set too low? 1k rpm will be the cold enrichment time for 5 mins. Then it drops down to about 700-750 when it's warm. It just stalls doesn't really give us much to go on.
The car idles at 1k rpm on warm and after 5 mins it will cut out when I rev the car it will hold it and without gas it will cut out

No bads wires to it ? I don't think u will find a fault with my car when am done with it, no rust no limp modes, no oil leaks or smokes

no offence meant in my post mate,,iam just being brutally honest,,,its not about finding rust,smokes or limp leaks at the end of it,,,,its worrying if all the nuts,bolts,washers and connectors are fitted correctly

its like getting a hairdresser to fit your gas boiler,,,,,,,would you trust the work and let your kids sleep inside?

or letting the paperboy re-wire your house,,,,,would you feel safe?

then you come to sell your house to a young family,,,two weeks later there all dead because the fuse board blew up which ignited the gas leak

same goes for your car mate,,,,its all good that your having a good time and learning alot but please dont forget your building a road car,which you keep wanting to sell,,,,,,road car means,,kids,pedestrians,old people,other motorists

no offence meant in my post mate,,iam just being brutally honest,,,its not about finding rust,smokes or limp leaks at the end of it,,,,its worrying if all the nuts,bolts,washers and connectors are fitted correctly

its like getting a hairdresser to fit your gas boiler,,,,,,,would you trust the work and let your kids sleep inside?

or letting the paperboy re-wire your house,,,,,would you feel safe?

then you come to sell your house to a young family,,,two weeks later there all dead because the fuse board blew up which ignited the gas leak

same goes for your car mate,,,,its all good that your having a good time and learning alot but please dont forget your building a road car,which you keep wanting to sell,,,,,,road car means,,kids,pedestrians,old people,other motorists
Thanks for the comments that's with everything on msc and other car builders no car is perfect or qualified, and people who don't post there car faults and other problems are hiding something, am atleast showing my build and telling people about my build good or bad, am only being honest, learning from scraps made me save 1000s on my other cars, and didn't see a mechainc from till now, am not hiding like others do, if u have a oil leak I'll say I do, if u have road tax say the dates like 06/06/2014 be clear, coz I am

Not trying to sound like a prick but theres MSC standard which isnt that great anyway except for a few guys on here (no offense to you lot) and then there is your standard.

I have done bad/bodgey things to cars but thats all bodywork or something which cant kill you. Your standard seems shockingly low azzy and your lack of knowledge gives me the belief you can make a life threatening mistake like not putting splitpins back in etc.

Not trying to sound like a prick but theres MSC standard which isnt that great anyway except for a few guys on here (no offense to you lot) and then there is your standard.

I have done bad/bodgey things to cars but thats all bodywork or something which cant kill you. Your standard seems shockingly low azzy and your lack of knowledge gives me the belief you can make a life threatening mistake like not putting splitpins back in etc.
U can't judge from post and pictures my car looks complete brand new with all parts fitted in the same way as manual says, u have to come and see the car in real life and tell me what is wrong and I'll prove the fact it's all done in orders no short cuts,

U can't judge from post and pictures my car looks complete brand new with all parts fitted in the same way as manual says, u have to come and see the car in real life and tell me what is wrong and I'll prove the fact it's all done in orders no short cuts,

I am judging by your lack of knowledge... You seem to take peoples very good advise and chuck it back in there face. I sat back for awhile and watching but its just getting annoying now azzy.

I want you to be able to prove us wrong that you can make this car but still by the seems of things this is another doomed turbo project from the start.

I am judging by your lack of knowledge... You seem to take peoples very good advise and chuck it back in there face. I sat back for awhile and watching but its just getting annoying now azzy.

I want you to be able to prove us wrong that you can make this car but still by the seems of things this is another doomed turbo project from the start.
am gona take my time why ? coz am busy workin, I have more cars to only think about this micra, I have other problems on cars I fix, it's not a days build and think yeh plug the key in and drive, for me am taking other good advice from ppl who has told me many things and got this running, I do note things and leave for a day am free on, something's I even do I don't even post on here,

Azzy's right tbf, I've seen some REALLY dodgey stuff... uncaptive cut springs are a personal pet peeve... by being honest about his aproach, he can be guided in the correct direction, and others can learn from this blog (as painful as it is in places!)
The micra club is small enough as it is, lets not start with the personal atacks again. (Call me a hypocrite on that one if you want, I probably deserve it somewhere down the line).
Criticism is best when constructive.

I dont think its the lack of knowledge that's the issue. Everyone lacks knowledge somehwhere. No-one knows everything. I think what the problem is, isa the repetition. The same faults appear over n over and the same questions get asked.
I'm no angel but I'll at least admit I honestly dont think you'll complete it. Others wont say it and hide behind other comments.
Prove me wrong Azzy.. you definitely seem to have the determination to do so.
You're right though nobody's car is perfect... no car ever will be. And the "standard" will vary person to person. I know personally my own car's standard is alot lower than the standard of the parts I produce for other people... Mine is a test donkey for new parts it never gets chance to stay whole long enough to be brilliant.
BUT... we all live n learn. My car is a perfect example of my learning curve history. From pidgeon plop welding... to brilliant welds. From twist n tape 9 piece power wires.. to proper soldered, heatshrunk 1 piece wires. My car is my story.. as will your car

So... come on Azzy.. stop trying to sell it, finish it, proves us doubters wrong

[quo te="Huggy444, post: 687547, member: 15328"]Least you've worked your way through it, just want to see it finished[/quote] let's put a bet everyone it will be done without me even coming on msc and showin off

[quo te="Huggy444, post: 687547, member: 15328"]Least you've worked your way through it, just want to see it finished
let's put a bet everyone it will be done without me even coming on msc and showin off

Sent from my iPhone using T[/quote]

No no I don't doubt you will finish it.
Seriously, I just think it will be good to show everyone you can do it :)

This thread could be one of a number of reason someone just got a k11 :)

you should have got that $10 code reader from abroad azzyman :)

This thread could be one of a number of reason someone just got a k11 :)

you should have got that $10 code reader from abroad azzyman :)
Sorry no comments am on my bet deal with everyone on msc who said it will never be finshed

thats crazy .people needs are need to be proved wrong.
You must be furious at the "who didnt think I can do it" crowd.
and even though i think no one actually bet you :) --- get the heck on with it.

think of it this way...no one here would lose only you if you give up

32 pages

thats crazy .people needs are need to be proved wrong.
You must be furious at the "who didnt think I can do it" crowd.
and even though i think no one actually bet you :) --- get the heck on with it.

think of it this way...no one here would lose only you if you give up

32 pages
let me prove my point then ppl can comment about me after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back