• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Tom's Mauritius Blog (attempt 2!)

GOD it's like a Micra Boom Box, looks great mate, coming along nicely. 20mm is better than nothing, I bought 35mm then I found out the thread was the wrong type.

The boom box ain't loud enough yet!! lol

Right here's the pictures of the spaced rear wheels. I'm unsure whether to keep the wheel trims on or not, but I'm spraying my one really rusty wheel at the moment. I've done it black like the others, but I kinda like the idea of silver now I've done it! And yes, the wheel on the right is smaller than the left! It's the spare!

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

Bought 4 Super S mud flaps from Solarice yesterday, so hoping to have them fitted on Weds if they arrive :)

Cheers :)

Got my open mouth grille from Kristian today. I've fitted it but it's gonna need some dents/scratches/missed bits filling and spraying before long.

Also will be spraying some super s flaps tomorrow that I got from Solarice :) I have fitted the front ones as they are for the moment as a test, and they look good. The rear splitter will need modifying before I can fit the rears though. I'm thinking I'll do the fronts silver and the rears matte black to match the bumper but I'm open to suggestions

Tom

I can't remember who's done it but it looks really really good, with the steelies, paint the rimlip silver and the rest of the wheel black.

Ah, I've done that to one wheel already! I'm one step ahead of ya! Yeah I've just fitted it back to the car as of 5 minutes ago, and I will start on another one today (I can only do one at a time!)

OK, that wheel and one of Solarice's flaps in need of a spray:
IMG_4528.jpg

Open mouth looks good mate, shame its not up to the standard you were after.
Car will look awesome when the wheels are all done (Y)

Cheers MM. I have noticed the black on the wheels is chipping already after one trip out. It's had about 6 coats of hammerite and has been drying for several days, but still.

its looking loads better already pal should look brilliant once mudflaps sprayed and all the wheels are done

keep up the good work :D

where you get the spacers from pal ?

Cheers :)

Got the spacers from a local "car spares" place. They do mostly chavvy modding stuff etc etc etc, along with a lot of FLI and Fusion gear.

I'm sooo nackered now. Been working on the car since 7am and still not finished. Enough for tonight though.
Today I've:
Sprayed 2 mudflaps matte black and fitted to the rear bumper,
Modded rear splitter to accommodate rear flaps,
Sprayed, sprayed and resprayed front flaps silver,
Sprayed 2 wheels silver,
Sprayed the insides of my headlights,
Made a mess!

Tomorrow I will:
Laquer and possibly fit front flaps,
Spray centers black on the wheels I sprayed today and possibly fit,
Fix indicators,
Clean car,
Sleeeeeep!

Lights :)

IMG_4535.jpg

Managed to break the brackets on the right hand light, the ones that are knuts and bolts rather than screws. The problem was they were so rusted together that they went straight through the bracket. First job today is to get them apart, then find a way of fixing that light back on.

Tom

some big rivits will hold them in place ;) some held them on my donor car i had with rivits...struggled to get them off the car though lol

looking good that mate (Y) ...i know its lowered 35mm, but now the wheels are painted its so asking for some coilovers, not that youd have gotten on that verge if did have some on lol.

Nothing's changed really. Had my MOT a couple of days ago, and failed miserably. The list included a new tyre, welding to the sills and seat belt mount, washer jets, broken light reflector, broken indicator (was working that morning), broken light fittings, bad light balancing, new windscreen (crack), and they managed to half kill my amp/sub by checking under my false boot floor. Have now got really bad buzzing from somewhere and I can't work it out - It wasn't there before. The RCA connections on the amp seem really loose though and do make a difference to the buzzing.

Tom

thats a gutter about the mot mines is at the end of the month and i have mashoooooove holes in my sills :laugh:
i cant see mines being a pass either
about the sub i dont really have a clue in that area sorry man :(

bad luck about the mot.
i just got mine back, (passed :D) lol
my drivers side window had stopped working, along with my remote locking
all sorted now though
loving your car btw

Looks a very subtle sleeper,you're taking your time & doing a good job with it.
MOT's not too bad.You may be able to sort the electricals yourself.
If you use a trade windscreen fitter it should be about £100,offer cash!Ask at a backstreet bodyshop for a number.Autoglass etc. charge giant money.Ferrit boy phoned them for a laugh on his Impreza,wantet £800.Our screen bloke fished around for 1 & supplied & fitted for £150 cos he fell for our sob story...
You could chop out rust,make repair sections yourself & get the welder man to buzz around it for you.I used to rivet plates on years ago & hide the repair with seam sealer/filler & paint.The MOT man is not meant to probe your car,it's a visual inspection..

lol cheers for the link joe, but there won't be anything else happening to this car - it's dying now! Gearbox sounds like it could give in any day now. The choice now is to decide between a mechanically OK '96 Nissan Sunny or a Micra gearbox... hmm. About the same price!!

Right, well there hasn't been an update to this in a while, but now there is...!

Blown up my head unit, so no more sounds :) Shaved a couple seconds off the 0-60 by removing speakers temporarily, and it's a lot better on fuel!

I've found a company in Leeds who will fit me a new clutch kit and re-con gearbox for £250... not bad eh? My quotes round here are £5-600, so on monday I will make a trip up to Leeds to fit it!

Fixed my heater!! (possibly the most exciting update in a while!)

Interior is almost back to standard now too - I couldn't be doing with all the paint chipping off!

Well wasn't that an exciting update!
Tom

Cheers Seb :)

Well since the MOT I have had to replace my headlights (broke the reflectors so they were out of balance), so they have been standard. Spend a couple hours yesterday re-spraying the reflectors, and didn't break them this time! Better still, the parents didn't notice me using the oven ;)

I'm off on a 200 mile trip to Leeds today, as I'm getting my gearbox and clutch replaced up there tomorrow. Still can't believe they can get parts and fit it all for £250. Ah well, it's guaranteed so we'll see. I'll be on my larry in leeds all day though. Anyone here from leeds?? lol

I'm just hoping it will make the 200 miles at the moment - it's sounding really bad!

Tom

Back