• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My first car and first attempt at modifying

Interior?

• strip out plastics, carpets, get roll cage/racing seats etc.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • replace plastics and carpets with some sort of leather finish

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
So I joined the forum a whille ago but never mentioned or posted anything about my micra so I thought I would give this blogging thing a go.
This micra is my first car, at first in all honesty, I absolutely hated the thing but being a 17 year old male (18 now) to get a car I wanted would cost atleast £2500 on insurance (and that was on stuff like really old 1.0l 106s etc) so I bought this little red micra....few months down the line I now absolutely adore this car, even stock, I have fallen in love with micras.

so, here's a few photos of what I have done so far, the exterior is pretty much done minus getting the cherry bomb sat in my bedroom attached and getting it lowered 40mm.
My plans are:
strip out back seats and front seats, get OMP rear hoop (so half a cage for where back seats were)
get bucket seats with race harness
redo interior or strip completely
k&n filter and induction kit
chipped and remapped
red brake callipers

I know everyone says "oh dont bother with engine mods on a 1l, it wont do much" but to be fair this is my first car and im not looking for a racing car just something with a little kick tis all, I wanna know what you guys think of my plans and any other ideas you have!

(the first stock picture isn't my micra, I thought I had a photo of it stock but I cant find it annoyingly)

Stock: Not mine but an example of what I started with.

Nissan_Micra_front_20071002.jpg

Side bumper strips removed, front and rear strips sprayed. Door handles sprayed and front grille wings sprayed. Rear windows tinted. Spoiler (balanced to get an idea :p)

IMG_0010.JPG

Close up of spoiler.

IMG_0009.JPG

Rear boot handle/bumper and badge sprayed, spoiler fitted and sprayed and new exhaust trim. Hub caps removed. Also a clearer shot of my limo black/mirror effect tints.

IMG_0030.JPG

By this point my fog lights were properly fitted and wired up. I added a bonnet stripe which you cant see very well and the side stripe which went wrong as you can tell. Matte black on the front badge and new number plates just to make it look a little tidier. In addition, light tint on the headlights.

IMG_0051.JPG

side stripe from another angle making it look even more of a **** job haha also rear light tints, annoyingly the only light you can see here is the only one that went a little wrong.

IMG_0052.JPG

My pro 7 matte 15" alloys fitted and less noticeable, tinted wind deflectors on front windows which I think really add to it for a small mod.

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

New edge sound system fitted, 12" sub with amp. Parcel shelf speakers and two tweekers wired into the main stereo system.

IMG_0072.JPG

Then a few random photos, mid progress; notice the side stripe has been removed :p

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

And finally the new cherry bomb muffler I intend to fit very soon. I will probably post a video of how it sounds because I know there is hardly any to be found :)

IMG_0068.JPG

C:\Users\hukulele's\Pictures\micra files

Really nice mate! quite original also, i love the spoiler, i think it would look alot neater without the rear wiper and mud guards tho :) maybe some clear side repeaters would stand out well also

cheers mate, yeah I was considering removing the rear wiper, doesn't really do a lot anyway now that I can hardly see out the back haha clear side repeaters sounds like a good idea, ebay here i come!

cheers mate, yeah I was considering removing the rear wiper, doesn't really do a lot anyway now that I can hardly see out the back haha clear side repeaters sounds like a good idea, ebay here i come!
haha good man! can i ask where you got the spoiler from?

the spoiler was one i literally found on ebay, its the nismo style, I didnt wanna pay a load for an official nismo spoiler because it had the nismo badge on it and a brake light :p
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICRA-K11..._SM&hash=item3f198d42ba&_uhb=1#ht_3642wt_1049
Think that's the same company mines from, not the best you can get obviously but i think it looks fine! :)
ha yeah I do like the little fogs, shes going down the front more than the rear not sure what heights though?

looks good not a fan of the lights but everything else is really good if you want to go full track style by stripping why not do a dash like skinner ??

On me phone now, photos working... Car looks great mate! You thought about maybe painting the hubs & calipers?

Are they fogs or driving lights? Thought fogs had to be low down_?

Still, lookin excellent fella! :)

The head lights are literally spi vision tinting film, just stick it on, heat it up so it melts and shrinks and smooth it out, simples! And I just realised I said fog lights, they are actually ring angel eye driving lights :p yeah calipers red I think!

I stripped the interior out of mine recently. Now all back in because the plastic's don't weigh enough to be worth removing + I can't stand the amount of road noise, it's not like it's quiet at 70 any way.

However I must say what a transformation, very very nice work indeed so far on the outside. I have the side spat replicas off the company that spoiler came from and I have to say that I can't fault it. I would buy the spoiler too, but it's one of those things I'd rather have a genuine one.

Looking forward to later updates on this.

John

yeah plans next are changing the grille's to black mesh, lowering the car, getting cherry bomb fitted, spraying grey plastic interior black, and then bucket seats, racing wheel and cage with harness. Then when thats all done its time for engine mods! >:)

Got bored so did a custom jobby on the mudguards also cupra-r splitter came so sprayed it black and attatched it! think it really adds to the sporty/ track day look.

blogger-image-65444527.jpg

blogger-image-2041618638.jpg

blogger-image--722124406.jpg

Thanks to payday lowering springs will be ordered soon! Dropping it 60mm front and 45mm rear hopefully, decided to leave the seats and wheel/interior till after ive lowered it! Cant wait anymore gotta get it done by end of this month :D

Don't you just love it when you order something online and everything's fine and dandy, they happily take your money and details and then....5 minutes later you get an email saying your product wont be in stock for two weeks -_- does my ****ing tits in! Anyway so because i am now waiting for my bloody lowering springs i have, yet again, got bored and done more random stuffzzz :p

Also everyone should check out this months banzai magazine, I was completely clueless till I opened it and realised four micras (pretty sure MCM micras) made it onto their JAE show spread page. THEY LOOK THE SHIZ!
Anyway, moved my fog lights, need to sort out the remaining holes :')

blogger-image--92019969.jpg

Shorter aerial cos lets be honest the stock one is ridiculous!

blogger-image--473427149.jpg

K&N 57i induction kit:

blogger-image--2136973660.jpg

Yeah man that would be awesome, was thinking of spraying mine the same, or a neon green, what would stick out LOADS!!! :D
Although would be good if you sprayed the engine bay a different colour from the body colour.

Neon green sounds whoresome! Id say neon green or a vibrant yellow :p or perhaps a neon blue! i think i might go with a glossy purple and turquoise kinda spray, really need to do something with it cos it looks god damn terrible :')

Yeah vibrant yellow is a good idea, didnt think about that. The others are good to, more a fan of something thats going to stick out more than the rest though, so for me something bright like the green or yellow, red is good but everyone does red, gets a little old if you know what i mean. Or something think that might work or sure how you could do it on your engine but have a look:

88cdf6375e36f9c1large.jpg

Quite like the sticker bomb if done right

yeah thinking about I wanted red cos my cars red and black, but red engine accents are really over done now! come to think of it red and black cars are pretty common as well ahaha
That sticker bomb cover looks decent, im gonna sort out my springs first and the rest of my interior and then it will be on to the performance mods and engine appearance! :D

Might contact the boys down at zircotec and see what they can rustle up for me engine wise, should check out their stuff already if you haven't bro its all pretty sick! www.zircotec.com

That sites pretty cool. Yeah let us know when you've lowered the car, that will look awesome ;) and what kinda engine you looking for?? I'm also think of changing mine, nothing big, changing it to a mid-engine 2L or something hopefully with a turbo, been looking a the gsx r1000 sounds awesome and has some real power behind it, but not sure about reverse as its a bike engine, youtube polo gsx r1000 its the nuts!!! But I'm trying to get what ever I can cheap, so nothing huge for me. Would love a roll cage in there as well :D you so could as yours is already stripped out!!! ;)

will do man! it should be pretty soon, they havent been dispatched yet, but id say next few weeks or so and it'll be lowered :D yeah ive been looking at roll cages, so much money though! but totally worth it :p well at the moment Im keeping the original, and thinking of sorting out a remap, getting a sports cat system and a new 4-2-1 heat wrap mani but thats about it, im 18 so cant go to crazy with mods otherwise my insurance will drink my money like its oj :p
was hoping in a few years when insurance is cheaper I could sort myself out with a little 1.6 turbo charged engine or something, atm im bidding on a project car to do with my dad, a mazda rx7 to put a v6 in so hopefully eventually I will able to give that a good rag round!
Mate that polo is mental! the launch on that is ****ing ridiculous haha seems like quite a good and cool idea as well, to me the sounds of a bike to car conversion just makes me sort of think how the ****?! haha
If you put that in your micra you should bowl up to the milton keynes cruise, put all the boring civic, corsa etc. owners to shame!

Haha yeah that would be good, but thats not happening for some time, in uni at the moment, so everything is at a hold, and my uni isn't that far from milton keynes, used to do snowboarding there at the snow dome.
And I can't find any roll cages for the K10 so I think it has to be custom made :( but talking about insurance, mines costing me £1000 for a 1L lol and I'm 22 but haven't been driving for long.
Keep up with any updates though :) and the project car sounds awesome, I've got one with my dad, got a 1973 dodge dart v8, got to love the american muscle cars :D

ah man know how you feel! so much money D: ah decent man, dont know if youve heard of it before but its awesome, people just come and park in a massive car park and show of their cars, this time of year theres not many cos of the weather etc. but when it gets warmer there are some really awesome cars!
Have you looked at an OMP half cage, they make em for k11's so they might have a k10 cage or the k11 one might even fit. £1000?! wow no hope for me now haha mines £1800 atm but thats only my alloys declared, I need to declare the rest and hope it doesnt go up too much :')
Oh wow thats a nice car! classic as well, im guessing your going to keep it and see how much worth it has in the future? yeah to be honest for me its either your pure jap or american muscle!

Damn £1800 thats a lot, what engine?? 1.3?? Yeah i pay £1000 and thats with everything I've done to my car. Who you with?? I didn't know about the cars meeting up as I don't really go that way often, but will give it a look some time. I used to go to some meets at south end, every week they have something on normally. Yeah we are defo keeping the Dart, to much going into it and don't get me wrong I would love an american muscle but not going to happen at this age, unless I moved to america lol. You can be a fan of both I would say.

Damn £1800 thats a lot, what engine?? 1.3?? Yeah i pay £1000 and thats with everything I've done to my car. Who you with?? I didn't know about the cars meeting up as I don't really go that way often, but will give it a look some time. I used to go to some meets at south end, every week they have something on normally. Yeah we are defo keeping the Dart, to much going into it and don't get me wrong I would love an american muscle but not going to happen at this age, unless I moved to america lol. You can be a fan of both I would say.

Mmmm...Dart brings back some memories. My first car was Dart -67 (million years ago), it was only 225cid six and four doors, old taxi but was fun to drive. Maybe someday another american... :)

Mmmm...Dart brings back some memories. My first car was Dart -67 (million years ago), it was only 225cid six and four doors, old taxi but was fun to drive. Maybe someday another american... :)

Aw awesome, yeah we got a 2 door V8 in green and a lot of chrome work on the engine. We've had loads of american's but this is the best so far ;)

Is the cupra r splitter easy enough to fit? :)
sorry about taking so long to reply mate! been swamped with endless **** this month :p
if you haven't done it already the cupra r splitter is easy fit with the right tools, gonna need to trim the edges of a little, slide under your car, measure up the holes, i used a 5mm drill bit and put id say about 6/8 holes in the bottom of my bumper then used 6mm screws to make sure it was a tight fit.....month or so down the line it hasnt moved since!
springs finally arrived as well boys, fitted rear springs yesterday, not a dramatic change but noticeable. hoping with the front in it'll look better, but handling has improved incredibly!

sorry about taking so long to reply mate! been swamped with endless #### this month :p
if you haven't done it already the cupra r splitter is easy fit with the right tools, gonna need to trim the edges of a little, slide under your car, measure up the holes, i used a 5mm drill bit and put id say about 6/8 holes in the bottom of my bumper then used 6mm screws to make sure it was a tight fit.....month or so down the line it hasnt moved since!
springs finally arrived as well boys, fitted rear springs yesterday, not a dramatic change but noticeable. hoping with the front in it'll look better, but handling has improved incredibly!

Cheers bud! think im going for the polo splitter but its the same sort of concept :p

Images arent the best ever, but here is the car lowered :) not a huge difference but i think its agreeable it defo looks far better!
1st image original/ 2nd lowered

2012-10-23_1350989578.jpg

2012-11-27_1354024095.jpg

yeah most of em are pretty same kinda way of fitting, polo one looks pretty cool on micra's, what made you decide to go with polo?

I've yet to order it but I wanted one to make the ground clearance a bit smaller and it looks quite nice and subtle :p

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

ah fair enough, i did want one that made the ground clearance a bit smaller, but i just loved the sporty look of the cupra-r one too much :p

Back