• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

crumpets micra of doom V2 blog

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Greetings all,

This would be the beginnings of a blog of the Micra of Doom V2 (AU).

First Micra I owned back in 2000 was known as the Micra of Doom (racing green), the new one being V2. Strangely enough another fella (squarepants) figured out the Micra of Doom nickname for the beasty K11s so for the record I did not steal the name.. just great minds and all that jazz .

I bought the car rather cheap, it had some issues after a lady didnt treat it all that well.. after new brakes, wheel bearings, engine mounts and some other things it is almost new.. almost.

I have been working on it slowly for last few months and had not had the time to get a blog up.. So here we are;

Current:
Powdercoated Gloss Black N14 alloys
Lowered Lovell Springs 30mm-40mm
Super S Cluster (for the Taco)
Whiteline Panhard Rod
Whiteline Front & Rear Heavy Duty Anti Roll Bars
Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
Whiteline Upper Strutbraces
N14 front brakes + calipers
Kouki Rear Lights
Clear side repeaters
Dodgy Autotechnica Steering Wheel
High Gloss black deck console + speedo console
JDM Console Cup Holder (got it thrown in when ordering other gear from japan).
Bride Ultra Low Seat Rails (to be fitted) x 2
Autotechnica Monza Bucket Seat (driver only)
Autotechnica Bucket Seats (removed drive, passenger to go soon)
De-bump stripped sides
Gloss Black Mudflaps (done rather dodgy if i do say so myself)

Coming Soon:
Passenger seat refitting and upholstry to match monza bucket seat (rears also)
Front and Rear bumper smoothing
Open mouth grille
Paintjob: Black with gold or gun metal grey pearl (within the next month)
Tints - Sides/Rears - 15%
Tinted rear lights
Front Blackened Lights
Short shifter
Super S Front Bar (to be fitted)
Super S Rear Spoiler (to be fitted)
Colour coded door panels (black on the fabric)

Pending Funds:
SR20 Throttlebody (I have it just need to buy SAFC and AFM)
GA15 injectors (to be fitted with other parts) - Thanks go out to Frank.
RB26 AFM
Apexi SAFC
Headers + Exhaust
JUN Lightened fly wheel
Exredy Organic Clutch
TOMEI Cams
Cold Air Intake + POD

Initial Pics (low quality Nokia N95 taken at work)

Rear shot is missing the handle, was painting it and it got blown over by wind and landed in dirt.. so redoing it.
ofdoom1.jpg

JDM Cup Holder included with other gear I bought from japan.
ofdoom2.jpg

Its currently sitting 40mm higher on front due to Lovells stuffing springs up (made 2 sets of rears the a$$monkies)
ofdoom3.jpg

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
an impressive spec there mate ;) love the march rear lights! and yearh great minds think a like lol. ive got ''the micra of doom'' wrote on my boot lid :p

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Further images

Further images

Front shot - shows front damage from previous owner (caused 4 ruined engine mounts - air con condensor and front bar).. Front light also got damaged and is held in by some quality masking tape! SAFE AS!
ofdoom4.jpg

Bucket seats - the newer one and the old one.. look terrible mix matched but oh well.. ill post some pics of the custom rails I had engineered (through my old man yae for freebees)
ofdoom5.jpg

Side shot, rear is sitting 40mm lower at this point, side looks neat and tidy completely debump strip
ofdoom6.jpg

Cant seem to find out if certain micras had internal petrol cap and boot releases or all of them did and this one had it removed.. but the key lock for the petrol cap irks me big time.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
If you want a petrol/boot release handle/cable and petrol door...give me a shout as there was one in the scrappy i was in a week ago...no idea on cost but would only charge you what it cost me. :)

Door wouldnt be your colour (one in scrappy is red) ...unless you were very lucky and a new one has been delivered.

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
If you could source it that would be quality :)

Car is being painted end of the monthy hopefully so not too big a deal if colour is not right.. new bumper n spoiler dont match anyway

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
New Toys

Some new toys from japan (quality of pics again is dubious, taken on n95)

New Front Seat Rails - Ultra Low (meant to sit at least 2 inches+ lower) which is a big bonus for me being just under 2m tall and having stupidly large bucket seats in the car.

ofdoom10.jpg

ofdoom11.jpg

Super S front bar with foggies (very neat condition)

ofdoom8.jpg

Super S Spoiler (couldnt get a Nismo jobby quick enough and as the aussie dollar crashed and burned had to hook in quick)

ofdoom9.jpg

Random Interior Shots

High Gloss Black Paint matching seat etc, plan is to have door trims fabric coloured or reupholstered to match seats (as in black)

ofdoom7.jpg

Steering Wheel + Super S guages

ofdoom12.jpg

pixieness

Ex. Club Member
Pretty! I like the steering wheel - although I must admit I do like the wheel to have the same brand as the car. It's very smart though! Shiny :grinning: And, because I'm a girl, I love the cupholders. SO practical!

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Possibly but not 100%.. Havnt checked, going off the auction and the rep I used to get it, its meant to be for a k11 96-00 model. Have not had a chance to check it to be honest (as in fit it to the car), worst case if it does not fit a bit of welding might be required.

I did compare it to my K11 rails briefly and it looks very close but that was done really quickly.

Modd'n the factory rails left the seats way way to high, so starting with these at least gives me the low sitting point.

I got the front bar from yahoo japan and used a 3rd party company to bring it to aus (2500 yen commission per item).

I have been using this site to search the auctions in japan: http://www.slidewizeimports.com/

The company I used to order through (AMY on these boards I think works with them) is: http://www.japextrading.com/ (Contact person was Nathan).. Heaps of communication, alternate auction options and fast delivery (obviously you are paying a commission and its via EMS so its not super cheap).

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
the ae86 ones do fit the micra!, just one hole needs to be drilled or a mount moving or somthing iirc. so it will fit with minimal work! i was looking into buying a fixed ae86 frame so i can mount a proper bucket seat with side mounts rather than a my cheap cobra on standard micra frame. also i dont think ive seen any fixed micra frames forsale....hence ae86 frame, altough having trouble finding one cheap engough in the uk.

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Quite a few listed on japan yahoo site which you can import via one of the random vendors out there.

UK pound is so strong at the moment its probably a great time to do it

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
UK pound is so strong at the moment its probably a great time to do it

the pound is strong against the Aus dollor atm, but its fallen to only about 155 yen, down from arround 190 yen a month or so ago....

Squarepants - driftworks do a set of AE86 seat-rails for arround £110....

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Seat rails fit on side closest to handbrake and shifter, on the othersides closet to doors are both off by about 1inch so drilling is required.

Pain in the a$$ but they sit bout 3-4inchs lower than the factory rails which is handy

Pics to come, paint job is scheduled for early december.. base pearl black with gold or base pearl black with gun metal gray.. not sure which yet but thats the plan

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
No updates been working on a secondment so been too busy.. All suspension gear is in today though.. didnt have time to do it myself.

Will be preping it for paint in next week or so, fill the front and rear bars so they are smooth then we are cooking.

Jun Fly wheel and Tomei PonCams have gone up a fair bit cause of world economy.. stupid banker types!!.. Looking at about 1500 aus$ for both of em which is not happy days

1.3GX

Ex. Club Member
I got a bride bucket seat yesterday for my k11 i got it from an ae86, haven't tried fitting yet tho but three of the holes seem to be a match to the micra rails!!

i might be selling the rails...

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Cost of shipping to AUS would hurt too much, plus just need to drill holes or have a plate made up to adjust. Loathe to drill the floor as its so close to the existing point would be a major week point in an accident.

Updates:

Car has been sanded down ready for painting (Cheers to mate Vanja who had the easy job with the orbital sander and I had to do it by hand)
Sand and Fill rearboot handle for 12thhundredth time
Open mouth on the grille in progress (No pics yet)
Front lights blackened (used a thick black texta!:p) (no pics yet)
Exhaust + Extractors + Fuel Rail purchased (need to pick up)
SR20 Throttlebody Plate purchased
Whiteline Rear Spherical DropLinks

Car Sanded Down

22112008012.jpg

22112008013.jpg

22112008014.jpg

22112008015.jpg

22112008016.jpg

Rear Boot Handle
22112008017.jpg

Will finish open mouth grille this week, get tints sorted, and wiring all fixed up for foglights (super s front bar), UK cluster and front lights.

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Further to this, slowly compiling parts to eventually super charge it.

Going to use a small SC12 from the old MR2, keep it under 6-7psi to keep drive train standard and just give ita bit more high end. That should be in the works for next year.

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Jah will be, after market ecu will cost me the most but ill get what i can..

If i got the parts 4 months ago from japan when i had the chance i would be cheering... took too long to get motivated..

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Brief update.
Emanage Blue Piggyback ECU purchased
Custom 4 into 1 headers purchased second hand and powdered coated
2inch mandrel bent exhaust cat back purchased (need to purchase cat forward)
Repacement streering wheel to clear indicator stalks purchased
Ultra low seat rails re-welded to match floor holes in k11 - mismatched seats fitted
Rear Whiteline Spherical Ends purchased (need to be fitted)
15% tints put in today
R33 AFM + Apexi/HKS pod to be purchased shortly.

Paint job scheduled this saturday, so will have pics next week of it painted hopefully

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Update. Car is painted, needs to be buffed and tidied up and spoiler to be fitted. Super S rear bar fitted at booth, front bar fitted later.

Colour is black with a gold pearl, pics with SLR taken in better light to come when its finalised with spoiler etc.

All pics can be found here: http://s371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/ctitho/

The below are some random progress and final shots

21122008010.jpg

21122008009.jpg

21122008015.jpg

21122008024.jpg

21122008037.jpg

21122008042.jpg

21122008049.jpg

21122008050.jpg

21122008051.jpg

21122008052.jpg

21122008053.jpg

21122008054.jpg

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
I did, just has not been fitted in those photos. Was sprayed earlier to test the colour and was fitted back at my mates.

Ill take better photos tonight of the front bar, spoiler etc.

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Basically bit of elbow grease and new spoiler fitting and we off.

Next step is to get those injectors you sent me in the mix.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Great looking car, for a second there I thought you were going to do black tribal designs all over the car. Looks great anyway.

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Was tossing up doing an angle line across being top half gold with silver pearl and bottom half black with gold pearl, but hassles..

Mate of mine wants me to get airbrushed art on front bumper, again too much hassles.

My next plan is to get some number plates, being the micra of doom (au) i will get a plate fitting that haha

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Further images, pardon the low quality as they were taken with N95.

Cut back and buff today + fixing spoiler amongst other lil things.

Tossing up whether to spray wheels metallic gold or candy gold as well as tow hook and nissan badges.

Open mouth grille is being fibreglassed, I did it myself came up 90% but got a hookup via family to do it 110% perfect so thats coming sometime soon, then I will compare.

frontbarsupers.jpg

closeupfrontage.jpg

sidefrontage.jpg

New steering wheel, tried 4 diff boss kits all with crap results, the vendors kept ordering the wrong ones in.. went with a dodgy one off ebay and just got new wheel which has a bit of a dish.. Nice soft leather too..

newsteeringwheel.jpg

OP
OP
C

crumpets

Ex. Club Member
Too much hassles, jsut get in there with a touch up brush of good quality and you will never notice.

Once I get good light and a good location with an SLR camera it will show up how good it looks, it looks a squillion dollars.

Now waitin on a price for Tomei cams to Aus so I can fit the Cams + emanage blue + 2 inch exhaust + Custom Headers + Dual Fuel Rail + RB25 AFM + SR20 TB + HKS Pod with coldair feeds and see what sort of gains I will make.

A lad on the OZ forums has a map I can use, and seeing as most of the custom staff I have was made by him, will likely go well.