• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Delicious Mauritius blog

Right this is my micra, i thought id start a blog.

My car is a 1995 M reg Micra Mauritius. Its silver, paint code KL0

this is my third car in approx 8months. Iv had two Corsa's previously.

Right firstly, pics =]

28082009066.jpg

28082009067-1.jpg

28082009065.jpg

sorry i dont have any more pics, i will take some after xmas.

so plans are as follows ...

1. Complete service (oil filter, oil change , fuel filter, new brakes and pads)
2. Fit Air induction kit
3. Lower 35mm
4. Spray 13" Steelies
5. Back to black or colour code bumpers
6. Colour code door handles, boot handle and mirrors
7. Clear side repeaters
8. open mouth grill thingy
9. Either get new clocks, one with a rev counter. or but a 'plasma rev counter' off ebay and a single pod holder

cant you take the bumpers off of the micra in the first picture on the other side of the road?
im sure they wont mind lol (Y) looking forward to seeing progress!

cant you take the bumpers off of the micra in the first picture on the other side of the road?
im sure they wont mind lol (Y) looking forward to seeing progress!

haha i would but 1st i dont know her, and 2ndly there off a facelift, and apparently facelift fronts dont fit onto pre facelifts.

progress will im afraid be slow as im only working part time, but i will post up on here what im doing =]

oh, thought i may add, iv had two vauxhall corsa's before this, both 1.2 8v's, one was white (my first car) one was maroon/burgendy/red

basically i put the white one on its side, and then i had the red ectect one robbed from me :(

heres the pics of the white one.

11072009175.jpg

11072009174.jpg

11072009176.jpg

tbh i had my window down, and im very surprised that it didnt break, especially as my head hit it when it went on its side :/ any questions, feel free to ask lol =D

right, i thought id pop up some more pics. mostly of my sorta done cold air thingy.

31122009182.jpg

this is how my engine bay looks. tbh its a tad shabby, not clean but hey, its a work in progress

31122009183.jpg

this is how i managed to get it to stop fallin off when i was driving:glare:
someone, i think frank suggested to but the blue part directly onto the tb, so with some brute force and leverage ;) i managed to get it on.

also these two have just come to my attention :(
31122009184.jpg

31122009185.jpg

anyone suggest what i can do about them?

p.s, sorry for the crap photo's. its dark and im useing my phone

depending on how bad the rust actually is, i would get / do some welding on it and underseal it completely as i imagine too bad corrosion would be an MOT fail? corrections please?

its a front crossmember. It can vary as to how much work you can undertake yourself. Cost me about £50 for the welding and undersealing on mine and I did everything else myself.

right so i survayed the damage i.e the rust. my mate whos a mechanic said id be better off getting a whole new door, so off to the scrappys to find one =]

also, we got talking, as you do, and we'v decided to ahem, 'turbo' another micra. he's managed to get one for 300, bodywork is mint and engine is fine so we'l see how that goes =] im dead excited =]

on my 1.0 my plans are for the moment to get the bodywork up to scratch, it need a good clean, both inside and out, and i want to re cover the door cards probably in a black fabric to go with the all black seat covers =]

Just a little update, fitted the new standard brakes discs and pads, was a beech to get some of the bolts undone but i did it =] also managed to have a look at my exhaust properly, and i think i should get a new one:/ will get some pics up soon

right havnt updated this or done anything to the micra for ages. unfortunatly someone crashed into me, and the repair work wasnt that good. soim going to go scrappy hunting, get two new wings and a new driver side door as mine has a rather large rust hole in it. il add pics as i go. oh and i have a new xmember, iv replaced the washer bottle, and im putting the 1.3 engine in with my mate

Wow havnt done this for ages. Right i managed to get a new door from the scrappiEs. Unfortunatly its from a facelift so im going to have to debumpstrip! Still awaiting money to buy springs although my mate has offered to cut my springs. Seriously thinking of taking him up on the offer. Progress still slow. Still havnt wired in the rev counter.just havnt had enough time.

Right onto my new todo list.

1. Repair body damage. Its only dents and some scratches but it needs to be done.

2. Debumpstrip whole car. Unfortunatly my beloved maritius sticker went with the drivers door :( so onto my next point.

3. Replace maritius stickers with new maritius stickers :D . The reason is because i quite like them

4. Now my hardest plan. This comes from q chat with my uncle. (drum roll) i want to attempt to fit the following inside my micra... DTV yes thats right, digital tv :D i have all i need! A 7" lcd screen, a dtv reciever and a portable ariel :D

This could either be epic or just plain stupid but hey!:D

5. I still want the 1.3 engine, theres one in the scrappy but it runs like a bag of bolts. There for im trying to gt my friend who works there to get me the cams :D

Thats about it really.

Back