• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Solarice's Project.

dont worry it'll be mapped properly (or as accurate as someone whos working it out as he goes :laugh:) before i do any 0-60 stuff...im running skinny stock wheels up front for now which'll need switching over. :D

looking over the data log i took while driving...at the fastest acceleration point i was only using just over 50% throttle and i only managed that for about a second...i took it easy after that lol.

Had it out today, got some logging done and the map tweaked...it was pretty much okish low down (1500ish rpm), but it was starting to run lean up higher up...so ive had a play with the map and tomorrow it'll be tested out...so far not had it over 4500rpm, as i was keeping away from the lean spots, but better safe than sorry.

There was a guy at the petrol station, who couldnt believe i was driving it around with no glass in :laugh: ...but pah who needs windows when its sunny :D

again though i forgot the camera :doh: so will get some test footage tomorrow... (Y)

no worries mate, i can almost guarantee you'll see some footage tomorrow...though it'll only be a dash/headrest cam or something.

cheers kurt, yup once its all white it'll look less abused lol. :)

yeah I spotted you just as you went around the roundabout...was just coming back from mapping / petrol station. :)

They'll be up in a few hours ;) didnt get the chance to get the car out yesterday...

EDIT:

right i dunno if vids are gonna be possible (at the moment grr ) as ive tried a few times today...and the camera is being overcome with vibration, so the picture is a little all over the place and unfortunatly the audio is just as pathetic (losts of wind noise because of no windows)...so you can hardly hear the engine / exhaust (camera mics fault cos the car aint quiet :) )

will focus on mapping and if i by some chance i can get a decent audio/video i'll put it up but for now dont hold your breath. :)

i know, i know...best bit was a spent atleast 15mins driving about, under overpasses and other echoey areas so you's could hear it, there was some mighty fine overtaking to boot :D lol...only to find the camera had freaked out (it had shut off but left the lens out/exposed -- giving the apearance it was still on) and nothing had been recorded...needless to say i wasnt happy. :)

tbh you cant hear the supercharger (or at least so far ive not noticed it), it seems to be all exhaust system noise.

Had it out mapping today (briefly) its getting a little better...bit of a rough idea for you below :) (sorry about the extra noise over the top but i couldnt filter it out -- but thats what happens when youve got no windows in.)

Its in Xvid (and is compressed pretty hard so its a bit fuzzy) and is as is, so you can choose which bits you prefer lol.

(remove the .wmv extra extension (its supposed to be an .avi anyway) if windows media wont play it)

at best i was only on 25% throttle, and for the most part im accelerating in 3rd. (the second audio you hear of me, if you can make it out...i was commenting on a mini bus taxi driver, who how should i put it...was being an arse)

Attachments

• Solarice-SC-MappingRun.avi.wmv
    4.5 MB · Views: 470
sounds like the whole thing is about to fall apart lol, with all that rattling!

lol, thats cos every rubber strip thats normally on is currently in the garage :D plus where i mounted the camera its collecting all the extra vibration (alot less than last time though :)) some of it is the road surface aswell. ;)

It sounds alot worse than it is though, trust me lol.

lol, thats cos every rubber strip thats normally on is currently in the garage :D plus where i mounted the camera its collecting all the extra vibration (alot less than last time though :)) some of it is the road surface aswell. ;)

It sounds alot worse than it is though, trust me lol.

oh i am sure it is a beast i have no doubts in that, and i bet you are desperate to take it out now that its getting sunny, but its a shame you cant really hear any engine noises over all that rattling lol, i hope when it is all back together there is no rattling noises left because they are evil!

im using headphones on this comp, so maybe its why it clearer to me even then i can only hear it okish. :)

will be putting more up anyway, as and when the lean areas are removed...and it gets safer to give it some :)

yeah its got a nice burble...sounds so much better in person, thats for sure :) ...however im getting belt slip, so I need to figure the best way to fix that. (which translates to cheapest lol)

better vids to come as and when i get around to them. ;)

i really wanna get it on a dyno to see what the curve looks like (but i'll wait) from feeling it, i think it should be a nice shape.

After a request for a closer look at the cars engine bay, ive decided to post up a few pics...larger than id usually do, aswell as areas ive not shown before :)

Attachments

• Solarice-Bay1 (Large).JPG
    Solarice-Bay1 (Large).JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 534
  • Solarice-Bay2 (Large).JPG
    Solarice-Bay2 (Large).JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 503
  • Solarice-Bay3 (Large).JPG
    Solarice-Bay3 (Large).JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 491
  • Solarice-BitOBay (Large).JPG
    Solarice-BitOBay (Large).JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 497
  • Solarice-FrontEnd (Large).JPG
    Solarice-FrontEnd (Large).JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 525
  • Solarice-ICBov (Large).JPG
    Solarice-ICBov (Large).JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 497
  • Solarice-Manifold-CloseUp (Large).JPG
    Solarice-Manifold-CloseUp (Large).JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 538
  • Solarice-SCFit (Large).JPG
    Solarice-SCFit (Large).JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 504
  • Solarice-SCPulleySide (Large).JPG
    Solarice-SCPulleySide (Large).JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 516
Cheers :)

squarepants, yeah i got a little ocd about it...made a template and everything :laugh: ...trouble is where do i put my number plate...:glare:

If theres anything you's wanna closer look at give me a shout, and i'll see what i can do.

Cheers :)

squarepants, yeah i got a little ocd about it...made a template and everything :laugh: ...trouble is where do i put my number plate...:glare:

If theres anything you's wanna closer look at give me a shout, and i'll see what i can do.

Drill the number plate with lots of little holes. Saw it done on a rs cosworth and it looked pretty good, then he just took the number plates off for the track etc.

Or i was wondering about cutting out the letters on a number plate, if it was black behind then it would still be readable by eye and camera, but not technically legal.

i just wanna see the exterior done :D lol

Ive been told the painter can fit the car in whenever...just gotta find some money now...dont suppose anyone, has any pirate treasure maps handy? we can go 50/50, i'll bring the shovel.

modded thats a couple of possibles...i was tempted to space it out a bit on a bracket...but i like how it looks without a plate, though id reckon the coppers would spot me eventually lol.

cant rmember their name but at JAE07 there was a black supercharged k11 with bumper holes in too. and they had a jap sized number plate fixed on t'-cock on the edge of the recess. so you sill have half of the recess showing with the holes in.

or you could fix one near the bottom like kristian has done.

that was sonny with the supercharged black march...called type r on here. hes sold the car now...his bumper is on ebay ATM ant ;) saw it last night with the holes cut out and his ebay name lol.

will think of something regarding the plate...not a massive issue at the moment :)

cheers 1.3GX...id just prefer to be driving it instead of looking at it lol.

will think of something regarding the plate...not a massive issue at the moment :)

cheers 1.3GX...id just prefer to be driving it instead of looking at it lol.

very nice car. great pics of engine bay. has the supercharged project finished now?

very nice car. great pics of engine bay. has the supercharged project finished now?

i guess in a way, yes...though the mappings not totally sorted, everything else associated with the mechanical side is done.

however it wont be officially done, until theres a pic up of the car painted and a vid/graph of the dyno run. :)

No progress made recently...think all ive done is tweak the fuel map a bit, havent uploaded it to the emanage or tested it yet, as my insurance has ran out (which is annoying lol).

should have the money i need to finish it sorted shortly...so all the other things will be done soon. :)

Back