• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Solarice's Project.

Utter ####ing Joke

...just been on the phone with Chris Knott and got a decentish insurance quote (good service btw), though not the cheapest...so i ring back Sky Insurance (who i was with before my insurance ran out -- they were the cheapest, after a second ring -- cant fault Sky Insurances service either)...however and heres the kicker because im now not employed at the moment and because ive been honest with them and told them the truth...they wont insure me.

Chris Kott may have the same policy, i dunno (we didnt get that far, cos they couldnt get near Sky's quote), but they are to pricey for me anyways...Adrian Flux wont touch me cos of my employment status and now Sky wont either.

So the only companies that will insure my car at a reasonable price with the modifications covered like for like now wont insure me...whats the bloody point. If it wasnt for the fact im law abiding, id have good mind to drive the car without insurance.

if i was self employed but not getting a wage that seems to be acceptable...go figure.

on top of this my road tax runs out this month, and i need to get it mot'd before that and i cant do either without insurance. grr

rant kinda over, though im still ####ed off.

Utter ####ing Joke

...just been on the phone with Chris Knott and got a decentish insurance quote (good service btw), though not the cheapest...so i ring back Sky Insurance (who i was with before my insurance ran out -- they were the cheapest, after a second ring -- cant fault Sky Insurances service either)...however and heres the kicker because im now not employed at the moment and because ive been honest with them and told them the truth...they wont insure me.

Chris Kott may have the same policy, i dunno (we didnt get that far, cos they couldnt get near Sky's quote), but they are to pricey for me anyways...Adrian Flux wont touch me cos of my employment status and now Sky wont either.

So the only companies that will insure my car at a reasonable price with the modifications covered like for like now wont insure me...whats the bloody point. If it wasnt for the fact im law abiding, id drive the car without insurance.

if i was self employed but not getting a wage that seems to be acceptable...go figure.

on top of this my road tax runs out this month, and i need to get it mot'd before that and i cant do either without insurance. grr

rant kinda over, though im still ####ed off.

go self employed as a micra tuning company then, lol

That seem's odd :S

Are you trying to pay monthly or a one-off payment? Could be that if you want to pay monthly, they see that you might run out of money due to no job? Only thing i can think of!

lol, its worth a try superls :D actually i do have a few parts i could manufacture...

nah Robert never got to payment plans, the guy at Sky said something like "i wont waste you time mate, i cant do anything...maybe ring back tomorrow if youve sorted something."

Flux are pretty much the same...can only assume they both use the same underwriters or maybe its because of the modified state of the car, for starters the word supercharged seems to scare insurers a bit lmao.

so within 3 days ive gotta find a new job, get insurance and get mot to avoid having to sorn the car...again. :(

Id go with the self employed option, it actually sounds more cunning than a fox thats just been appointed professor of cunning at oxford university. :D

a little update on my insurance issue...looks like ive ran out of insurance companines :laugh: just been through call connections, who take your details and then let the insurance people have a look and they call you back / or you get put through to the ones who wanna have a shot. (canny helpful and quick btw)

I was suspicious when from all the companies only four wanted to try, so after talking to them for a few mins later and repeating details a few times...ive come the conclusion all of the insurance companies are scared :eek: apparently partially because im unemployed, but also because ive got a car thats heavily modified...so i dont get how that makes me more of a risk, if anything i cant afford to wreck the car.

apparently a totally clean license and 8 years NCB means nothing...

oddly if i had a slightly less modified car, it appears id be fine...but then it not like i can test the theory.

if i dont wanna cover my mods then im fine (just about any normal insurer is fine with that), but i just know what will happen if i decide to do that...

anyone think of any companies i may not have tried???

robert, yeah i think ive checked them all...

richj probably, will double check though :) ...ive got quite a list of nopes now :laugh:

cant you just insure the modifications for theft and fire and just have the insurance to cover the car it self?

trouble is mate the car isnt worth anything in comparison, id rather not insure the car and just cover my mods...which is something ive been telling them...im gonna see if changing the value will help me out, as there are somethings ive got on the list that shouldnt get damaged in a crash and there are somethings that wouldnt be an issue to replace if they did...so technically they wouldnt be paying out on them anyway.

I will win, ive gotta get some insurance luck at some point :D

be a pain about it and ask to speak to the manager as grumpy customers always get what they want my mate was getting quoted silly prices for his polo and he asked to speak to the manager and got it reduced a fair ammout with all his mods declared

is there such a policy where you can tell them your modifications but not have them coverered if anything was to happen to them??

just been on the phone to them, and apparently reducing value etc wont make that much difference.

However id reckon it would be possible to say that stani yeah...its something im currently planning on trying, busy waiting on a couple of call backs. :)

i mean lets face it the slightest knock and the insurance company will wanna scrap it...plus id be keeping the car from them in that situation, so theyd wanna pay out less cos of that. So really its probs a win win for the insurance people, its just theyre being stubborn.

i dont see why they should reject you, at the end of the day your a customer which brings them money(which is what they want) :suspect:

i guess thats the mystery, that is car insurance :)

-----

well its getting better, so far...1 quote is now in. But while its a quote its expensive and is totally worst case, but at least ive got something to play the game with now. :)

well to cheer myself up (its raining outside), ive just ordered my tyres :D so my shiny wheels are closer to going on the car. Yay!

so lets see what i can get done over the next few weeks... ;) fingers crossed everyone :laugh:

decided to go for 185 toyos on a 55 profile, didnt want to be to low as i wanna protect my wheels abit from the pot holes around here...my wheels are a 14" so limited a little bit :) but should look good i reckon...lets hope im correct lol.

just need to sort my spacers out and i'll be somewhere around a -10 offset :D

nah mate, not finished yet...currently sorting paint, should be all one colour very very shortly, then a day or so putting all the little bits back on and then just a tweak on the fuel map and it should be happy days :)

well my tyres are going on the alloys tomorrow (if i do say so myself ive made a good choice as they suit each other)...had a shot fitting myself and though i dont like to admit it, i failed :laugh: guess you do need a proper machine or at least a proper tool to fit tyres :D.

Micrafish colour wise its still White...but i mostly wanna know what power its putting out. :)

it should have been done aaaages ago tbh naps, just the months have shifted past faster than id have liked :)

lets hope i enjoy it once its done :)

100% know what you mean about months shifting by!!!!! sucks!!!!

what uve said so far.....it sounds like you will enjoy it!

how is the mapping going? figuring it out or taking to a garage?
without any mapping......did the SC engage through the rev range?

oh cant wait to see the wheels on now i really will have to pop over some time have a look might be sat mate if ya not busy will drop ya a txt

mappings not bad, yeah just gonna figure it out...The car currently is running a little lean on boost mid to high rpm and a little rich on cruise...idle is about correct if a little rich, though idle is the least of my worries. :)

The SC is controlled with the acceleration pedal, so regardless of the map if the pedal is down a set amount it turns on...so its a bit of trial and error (as in watch the gauge and if it reaches a bad number back off and adjust). Though i started with a roughly guesstimated fuel map, so though at first it was leaning out it was still safe-ish :)

only problem ive got now, is i kinda cant remember what i was doing when i was mapping last lol...so gonna have to have a mini refresher.

kenny you'll not get in to see the car unfortunatly on sat as it'll be boxed in...my bros getting a donor shell delivered tomorrow so he can repair his ps13, so his will be the focus for a few days. :)

Tyres fitted, cannot fault the guys at kwik fit who fitted them as they took extra care of the wheels...so a (Y) for them. (main reason for this post tbh)

Just gotta get the little spacer for the fronts and then i can actually have them fitted. :)

Attachments

• Solarice-Wheels+Tyres.JPG
    Solarice-Wheels+Tyres.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 512
  • Solarice-Wheels+TyresCloseup.JPG
    Solarice-Wheels+TyresCloseup.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 417
Toyo 185 55 14 but they are on a 7j alloy, so very very slightly stretched :) ...cant say its noticable tbh but then they werent meant to look stretched...just save me some money :laugh:

looking good mate ended up being busy to day mate any way managed to get me short shifter in but i think i but it on the wrong way

managed to get me short shifter in but i think i but it on the wrong way

i nearly did that when i fitted mine (different to yours), luckily id took a photo first which i double checked...still didnt look correct even when it was on the right way mind.

May I ask how you managed to get hold of a supercharger to fit the CG?

the thread details that the supercharger is from a mk1 MR2 supercharger. the supercharger i think is called an sc12 ?? something like that anyway.

but the cars are as rare as chicken lips, so the superchargers for them are going to be even harder...(Y)

May I ask how you managed to get hold of a supercharger to fit the CG?

yeah pretty much what antony has said...it is indeed a SC12 and not too easy to find cheap. The last part of your question "to fit the CG" is purely lots of reading and ######ing with brackets etc. Went pretty smoothly as theres a bit of info about from Whiteknights build in Australia, who happened to have been a few steps ahead of me when i decided id try and SC mine. :)

with regards to the WD40 chippedwood, ive got some alloy wax so will see how well that works for now...plus it smells like bubblegum when your using it, which is nice :laugh:

right well ive mainly been helping my bro rebuild his ps13 the last few weeks, but the new boot floor for that is now all in and sorted...soooo both cars should be heading for the MOT next week :D

On the wheel side of things my 15mm a side spacers have turned up giving me loads of brake caliper clearance up front (Y), just need to get them milled out a tiny bit as they arent meant for the micra center bore, but they were cheap and will still be very cheap even after that :) now i need to find some for the rear and everythings nearly sorted...how many time have i said that now :laugh:

Back