• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

Old gearbox will be stripped repaired and given new seals and the addition of a gripper LSD then we shall do it all again...
All for now peeps much more to do before we see you all again at JAE!
I can't wait!!!

Have a good think about what you want from an LSD Tom, especially if you have no PAS. Gripper by default have a lot of pre-load, usually around 85lb/ft and will also be 45/45 ramps, unless you ask for something custom which is very aggressive.

Have a good think about what you want from an LSD Tom, especially if you have no PAS. Gripper by default have a lot of pre-load, usually around 85lb/ft and will also be 45/45 ramps, unless you ask for something custom which is very aggressive.
I want to be able to load it up once in a while and not just leave 1 tyre line. I don't have pas and will admit it's not really something I'd be interested in.
Gripper just seems to be the brand everyone trusts. The car is putting down reasonable power currently its NA format, still puts you back in your seat, headwork really makes a difference I find.
My concern is when I finally get my ass into gear and get the turbo kit on I'll be 1 wheel pealing everywhere...

I won't bother with a Gripper again but I'd be interested to run something like 60/85 (60deg accel / 85deg decel) with much less pre-load to make low speed maneuvers much more pleasant, something like ~15lb/ft.

High pre-load is great for loose surfaces rallies and will get you home if you bust a shaft, but it's not a setup which is suited well for FWD tarmac. Well, I don't think so.

The nice thing about Gripper is they're well supported and are serviceable, so can be changed down the road for not a lot of £'s. After all, a huge amount is personal preference anyway, you've only got to look at what setups racing drivers use, there's a lot of opinions.

After all, a huge amount is personal preference anyway, you've only got to look at what setups racing drivers use, there's a lot of opinions.
The thorn in my careers side in a sentence
2nd Biggest problem: Getting them to admit the difference between opinion and fact

1st being driver ego surpasses driver knowledge on what they desire from a car (this is a dig at no one before anyone gets upset)
Both are generally linked to the 'go kart/on rails' crowd. Once someone gets a taste for proper handling they never go back

@MicraPRO
Tom. My advice where handling/suspension is concerned. Take advice, try it, make notes and learn for yourself how it makes you feel.
We can share our experiences with you and out knowledge to guide you but only you can say what's right

My k10 had 'go kart/on rails' suspension... It was twitchy as hell in the wet

Compared to the nice stuff on the rally car which is predictable all the time :)

Sooo some of you will know that I did the right thing and finally bought proper suspension... but for the purpose of this blog thought I'd add all the pictures.
1467745070845.jpg

1467745080753.jpg

Rear springs
1467745137096.jpg

Front springs
1467745168974.jpg

Rear shock stats
1467745186723.jpg

Front shock stats
1467745215123.jpg

5kg fronts and 4kg rears with 3mm factory preload all round.

car looks awesome man I've had bc coilovers multiple times in the past and they have always been awesome hopefully there good for your set up dude
Thanks man got loads planned in the coming weeks new wheels should be here tomo and nismo arches to fit :)

New wheels!!!
Ok I can't even begin to describe how nice this is... I've never had new wheels the gold ones I've ran for the last 4 years were £80 and were bought because well why not.
So I've treated Millie to some new shoes :)
Rota Grid Max 15x8 et0
Will be wrapped in 195 45 15 toyo proxes t1r
1468022977825.jpg

1468023000016.jpg

1468023016375.jpg

1468023033866.jpg

1468023049385.jpg

Will get these fitted up asap!

Like I said on facebook can't wait to see this come together, so get your ass into gear and get it done, you've got all weekend
I'm not a 9-5er man some people have to work at weekends...and I'm working nights till Wednesday I think :/ I'll get them done all in good time :)

Well this is a bit of a pig...
These arches are abit more of a faff than I first thought they would be.
So I've got the worst condition one mounted up on the passenger front seems my skirts ain't actually all that bad.
However the Nismo front lip... well it's in the way. So my question is do I cut the arches or cut the lip in order to make them both fit.
Pics.
1468584412880.jpg

1468584424893.jpg

1468584437884.jpg

1468584449873.jpg

Cut the arches, your gonna paint them anyway so you can clean it up nice, if you cut the lip and decide to glass fill or even mess up and have to paint, it'll be extra work. Plus the lip is on the car arches aren't, that way you don't mess up the daily style too much

Cut the arches, your gonna paint them anyway so you can clean it up nice, if you cut the lip and decide to glass fill or even mess up and have to paint, it'll be extra work. Plus the lip is on the car arches aren't, that way you don't mess up the daily style too much
This man makes sense.

Urgh I hate how together your car is. I daren't post how I'm getting on.

This is the plan buddy nearly there now one side is ready for rubbing back and painting hopefully I'll have the drivers side all mocked up on Monday too :)

This man makes sense.

Urgh I hate how together your car is. I daren't post how I'm getting on.
I decided on this the moment things started coming together... I'm useless with clean joins tho!
Always a last min sprint to the end tho max we've got so much to do our end and have a special visitor booked in for some work also!!! And still decorating! Mad few weeks I'm actually exhausted!

I decided on this the moment things started coming together... I'm useless with clean joins tho!
Always a last min sprint to the end tho max we've got so much to do our end and have a special visitor booked in for some work also!!! And still decorating! Mad few weeks I'm actually exhausted!
I think we're going to just collapse on each other at JAE haha!

Well what a busy day!
Up early to check and see if these arches were ready for fitting...
Yep they match and are shiny enough I'll give them a proper polish as soon as the vapor has flashed off fully.
1470245285599.jpg

Fitted.
1470245303953.jpg

1470245316606.jpg

All washed ready for her date with the tyre shop.
Rotas packed.
1470245365495.jpg

Arrived at garage :)
1470245407871.jpg

Always a job for the apprentice...
1470245437653.jpg

1470245455239.jpg

Done what a ****ing result!

Back