• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

In other news I've spent this very rainy morning on the drive upgrading to poly bushes, about time some might say... what can I expect from the ride now...

Well, its 2am, and I've finally finished reading your blog start to finish tonight :cool:
Amazing to have finally seen everything thats gone into her through the blog, all the struggles and all the high times, after getting to know you so well personally, she is truly a work of art :)
Millie the Micra is badass AF, can't wait for the JAE!

Well, its 2am, and I've finally finished reading your blog start to finish tonight :cool:
Amazing to have finally seen everything thats gone into her through the blog, all the struggles and all the high times, after getting to know you so well personally, she is truly a work of art :)
Millie the Micra is badass AF, can't wait for the JAE!
Sorry bud just seen this don't seem to be getting any notifications from the forum these days...
I'm glad you found it an interesting read we've had our ups and downs over the years but it's all been a learning curve.
Cheers!
Yeah will be at JAE this year gonna be mad!

Well that's Millie Taxed insured and mot'd for another year getting older is great for cheap quotes!
Now the list is growing for this year...
Sort myself a 1.3 gearbox with low miles.
Sort the annoying knocking from my rear axle... rear control arms I suspect...
Coilovers are a must.
New wheels.
Repair some light body damage from Norfolk roads and rocks.
Fix rust again on front wings.
Fix crappy leaking cam cover and clean bay to summer show spec again...

Believe me I know that feeling, if it's not a new knocking noise it's something breaking or something not working properly
I think Charlie and Millie are cut from the same cloth haha both having silly issues... Bloody dash lights were flickering recently so needed new ones :/
And my sidelights also enjoy a rave haha

for the rear knock check for:
- loose trailing arm bolts - my upper arm bolt was loose and seized to the bush so it rattled in the chassis bracket. https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-104#post-659834
- worn swaybar drop links & nuts.
- loose / worn swaybar mounts.
- loose damper strut top nut.
- loose boot latch & rivet. https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-104#post-659287
- loose boot lid panel.
- sagging parcel shelf. https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-102#post-654999

I've come to the conclusion nylock sucks arse and should not be put on automobiles...
1464117154687.jpg

Angle grinder at work again... back on it tomorrow...

Drop links jesus what a bugger they are...
1464187969430.jpg

Had to muller this one with a drill in order to get it off the nylock was so tough it caused the spanner to slip rounding the rear spanner point off entirely... poly bushed rear now tho :)
To avoid this problem in the future I used a razor blade and trimmed about half of the nylock out the new nuts hopefully this will stop them being such a bugger to remove in the future...

Glad to see you're back on it!
I'm having a few issues myself, you're not the only one. Stick at it, need to see this car at JAE!

And you, I suppose. ;)

Drop links jesus what a bugger they are...
View attachment 49201
Had to muller this one with a drill in order to get it off the nylock was so tough it caused the spanner to slip rounding the rear spanner point off entirely... poly bushed rear now tho :)
To avoid this problem in the future I used a razor blade and trimmed about half of the nylock out the new nuts hopefully this will stop them being such a bugger to remove in the future...

I re-built the entire lot (front and rear ends) with A4-80 bolts back in 2006 when I re-built the SuperS.

After having to take a MAP torch, Stiltons and a grinder to all but 2 bolts, I was never leaving myself open to that in the future.

Some of you will have seen on Facebook that I've been enquiring about a 1.3 gearbox as mine was severely chattering in 1st and 2nd.

So a new one was sourced and looks to be low milage as the guy I bought it off didn't really have a clue... didn't cost that much so worth a gamble :)
1465319631399.jpg

Well my first day off as in been awake all night was spent removing it with Clodos help... damn would of been easier to drop the engine and box!
So many silly designed bolt locations!
Anywho day 1 box out :) and I only threatened to burn it about 12 times (a personal record of mine)
1465319751699.jpg

Day 2 and I've slept properly cleaned up new box and moved over the reverse trigger as the one on it had been cut off... transfered mine over remade the silly loom that you can't get to without a tool from nissan I used a socket and cut and crimped in the current one along with heatshrink.

Everything all good we transfered the release bearing to the new box clutch was only done last September with the swap and still looked new :D

Take 1
Gearbox on go to test the clutch and it doesn't return... hmm bollocks pull it all off again, ahh bugger the bearing had become dislodged...

Reset the bearing again an time for take two.

Take 2
This time we get it mounted and all bolted up (winner)
Test for clutch feel and we're on to a winner feels just like before :)
Driveshafts back in bit stiff but could be due to being stood.

Finished! Bolt up on everything and put her face back on :)
1465319680895.jpg

1465319720554.jpg

Day 3 replaced gear oil and took her for a drive damn it's like a Winchester rifle compared to the old one I no longer feel like I'm stirring coal to find a gear...
No more knocking or rattling from the internals...
Old gearbox will be stripped repaired and given new seals and the addition of a gripper LSD then we shall do it all again...
All for now peeps much more to do before we see you all again at JAE!
I can't wait!!!

Hell yes!!!! Nismo arches have arrived cheers Mr Summersgill
Upon close insection this is going to be a challenge...
1 fitting wheels wide enough to make full use...
2 making them fit around my nismo front lip and my modified vectra side skirts...
Anywho I'll not beat around the bush on this will get them on asap!!
Have some pics of just me holding them on Millie :)
1465390310881.jpg

1465390322280.jpg

1465390337016.jpg

1465390349710.jpg

1465390360773.jpg

1465390371284.jpg

As you can see various parts of the car will need some adjustment...
But I'm super pumped about these!

Back