• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

micramikes k11 sr20de project

jdmk11mike

Ex. Club Member
well the time has come, im off work ill and have nothing else to do so im making a start on what is going to be a long and in depth blog into an sr20de conversion using a 1998 k11 1.3 Si as the base

having sucessfully completed a ga16de conversion into a k11 and is now sold on im on the quest for more power, the 1.6 was quick but only really excelled up to 3rd then the power fell away, with the sr20de im looking for good old fashioned pull your face off acceleration and top end grunt up to and over 140mph+

to achieve this its going to have to be engineered to cope with high speed and aerodynamics will be one area of concern, as micras are not known for their ability to slice through the air with ease,anyway,all this will be covered at a later date,for now ive put together a list of parts accrued,and some awaiting delivery and also a few pics of the base car

PARTS LIST

SR20DE ENGINE/LOOM (CHERRY TOP) TAKEN FROM 1993 NISSAN PRIMERA EGT
CUSTOM DRIVESHAFTS WITH GEARBOX
CUSTOM ALMERA GTI HUBS
EITHER EGT OR ALMERA GTI BRAKES
K11 POLYBUSHED WISHBONES
DAIYAMA COILOVER SUSPENSION
VARIOUS WHITELINE SUSPENSION COMPONENTS

havent decided on alloy wheels yet, im torn between buddy club or rota's, depends how i feel at the time of purchase, will definately be 15's though with 195 50 15 tyres

PICTURE GALLERY

29042008176.jpg

well while ive been off my bank account has taken a battering, ive decided to get started on stocking up on a few things for the micra, mainly aestetics, enjoy the pics

carbon bonnet
36161.jpg

nismo wide arch kit
neatstyle3.jpg

this is the image im going for, an almost exact copy if possible, with a few differences to make it mine

Black Fast Micra of 200+bhp :wow: I'll looking forward to seeing updates to this thread. GOOD LUCK !!!

its do-able, ive been researching this for while

sr20de - 150bhp + cams + head work + bigger injectors + fuel pressure regulator + light flywheel + decent flowing exhaust + decent induction kit

amongst other mods i should see 200bhp ok i reckon, i will keep you posted though

erm i believe it was custom made, but for the original owner, ive bought it 2nd hand but its mint condition,in fact, i dont think it was ever fitted.

carbon bonnets from me are £1400 including vat, but are lots less for multiple orders.. the bonnets are only £400 to actualy buy but the company that i a in touch with has to charge me £1000 for the initial order, design and mould making work.... prototyping if you like. but that price would be dropped dramaticaly for multiple orders...
pm me if you like as i can also get full carbon interiors and dash flocking too..

carbon bonnets from me are £1400 including vat, but are lots less for multiple orders.. the bonnets are only £400 to actualy buy but the company that i a in touch with has to charge me £1000 for the initial order, design and mould making work.... prototyping if you like. but that price would be dropped dramaticaly for multiple orders...
pm me if you like as i can also get full carbon interiors and dash flocking too..

ile keep you in mind mate,cheers

You gonna prefacelift it or is the kit pic just a guide?

it will be prefacelifted mate, i think the facelift is hideous

once the bonnet arrives its just a case of headlamps and grill, mind you im replacing the front cross member so the complete front end will be off anyway, and ile slide the engine in before the new cross member is welded in place

will update with more pics this weekend as more parts will be arriving:laugh:

Back