• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Andy_S + Kristian's Project Micra

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Some people might be a bit confused. A While ago i posted i was doing this to a Micra...

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=9857

Anyway with my Micra which is totally stripped now (CRYING!) and parts being sold like the Xbox 360 was xmas 2005 I had a word with kristian while he was helping me out about how much the shell is worth...

Basically Naff All. So i asked about the micra pickup project again. So he checked the micra Shell over and there is only one problem which is Crossmember everything else is in good condition. So anyway, me and kristian have come to a deal to do my Shell from scratch as a PICKUP Micra Showcar Only (This time proper) Me and Kristian are gonna be financially involved 50% each way,

As far as i know its gonna be a 2litre SR20 engine too as Kristian is doing his atm and knows whats what.

Also Wide Arch Kit, Lamborghini Doors (Somehow), Chequered Metal pickup area floor. Custom Rear Lights in Boot Lid (Cut in line with bodywork and welded shut.

Just thought though id post something up cause i cant keep it quiet haha. im well excited.

I dont think this will be on the road most the year just going car shows and maybe the odd drag strip to see what it can do ;)

Im sure Kristian will update this thread in due course. Me and Kristian will be putting a Portfolio of the micra pickup project together.

Not to be a party pooper but lets have more action than words this time but will be interesting to see what happens, I would have liked to do a wide arch pickup if started a project

oooh, i like the sound of the SR20 ;) it would be cool if you could get a supercharger out the bonnet or summit and flames like an old school hot rod...

oh and some lorry exhaust pipes up the side :D and hydrolics :D:D god there are so many posibilities :D

good luck guys :)

there will be more chance of this been successful if you focus on one area at a time, get the pickup conversion done first, then worry about the SR20 conversion.

I do suggest just do the pickup first before the engine conversion, waste of time doing the engine bay if the pickup conversion goes wrong

beat me to it phil

There are plans already drawn up and Ive come to a final design on paper already. Abviously these are subject to no serious hang ups during the build...

As some of you guys have already stated were fabricating the whole pickup area first before any engine works are carried out. It mostly comes down to lots of welding and cutting..

Were looking at a seriously cool roll-over bar !..

Should be promising..

Ive made some progress on my current project but im waiting a while now before any updates in order to make an update worthwhile for you guys..

.....if you guys have any technical input to make feel free to make it but please keep personal opinions out of this thread until we are much later into the project. Neither yourselfs or ourselves can decide on how well this is going to work this early in the project.

Cheers

Kristian

Well weve removed all the engine and everything.. So this comeing weekend its cutting time!!.. then the weekend after its fabricating time!!.. lol.. funds permmiting!!

did it have an engine in it? cos it wasnt there whn i pinched the spoiler off it...... it was under a sheet in a garage..... in black pool..

haha

good luck.

We are not losing the back to save in weight

We are almost certainly going to have extra weight.. hence the bigger engine..

Basically We a replacing the roof with a conciderable cage..

did it have an engine in it? cos it wasnt there whn i pinched the spoiler off it...... it was under a sheet in a garage..... in black pool..

haha

good luck.

Please read the thread lol.

This is My Micra we doing it to. The white micra i scrapped cause i did it wrong and had too much rust.

We are not losing the back to save in weight

We are almost certainly going to have extra weight.. hence the bigger engine..

Basically We a replacing the roof with a conciderable cage..

a big cage u mean mate haha

Im getting some sheet metal and some Tubing and some metal cutting discs for saturday/sunday.

Nex ive got pics of the car stripped, Will proceed with pics when we start the cutting up.

the engine you enquired about on ebay with the raceworx sticker on a red rocker is the raceworx block. belongs to my mate pablo and i think it is still for sale....

but we need wiring loom etc. we will prob get a full car like kristian did for his.

Weve cut the Micra roof off now. Ill post pics later when i get home!

Pics

Attachments

• 100_3046.JPG
    100_3046.JPG
    754.8 KB · Views: 446
  • 100_3047.JPG
    100_3047.JPG
    502.4 KB · Views: 373
  • 100_3048.JPG
    100_3048.JPG
    699.4 KB · Views: 347
  • 100_3049.JPG
    100_3049.JPG
    728.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 100_3050.JPG
    100_3050.JPG
    1,000 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_3052.JPG
    100_3052.JPG
    565.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 100_3053.JPG
    100_3053.JPG
    500 KB · Views: 423
  • 100_3054.JPG
    100_3054.JPG
    521.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 100_3056.JPG
    100_3056.JPG
    455.2 KB · Views: 379
  • 100_3059.JPG
    100_3059.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 413
  • 100_3060.JPG
    100_3060.JPG
    727.5 KB · Views: 365
looking sweet guys!

If the pick up fails or you get bored you could always turn it into a convertible as you already have the rear of the roof off!

Hey Guys,
Good to see what you're doing with this. I've not really made meny posts since joining, but watching the projects that you lot are doing is great, especially your other one Kristian.

When it comes to the rear window area, one thing it may be worth considering is using the rear door from a mk2 Astra van/estate, because I saw a Nova that was converted to a pickup and that's how they did it because it's got a heated rear window in it and you can butcher the frame to suit.

Good Luck with it guys!(Y)

Chris.

In the process of moving units so no more progress at the moment. Should be getting some sheet metal though this weekend.

Thats just Madness, That looks Insane guys! Nice Work!

looking sweet guys!

If the pick up fails or you get bored you could always turn it into a convertible as you already have the rear of the roof off!

ITs been done...lol, a Pickup Micra is just pure class, ITs gonna look the dogs when finished :D

OR!!!

another brain wave i have for you,lol.

If u get bored or the pick up fails u can always make a shortie like the old school mini owners have done!

It would look awesome!

length mate, the mini shorty had the rear seat section of the body removed, the front seat backs were against the rear bulkhead.

we will be doing some welding on sunday to the chassis of the car to make the pickup section complete. (par the back panel of Cabin)

Well the smooth boot from my Yellow wide arch micra has been hacked up today and fitted to the Pickup. The bottom Panel remains...

I forgot to bring my Digi Cam but you might get the idea..

Weve done the final Stripping today and prepped it ready for the engine transplant...

Nest steps are:

Sourcing a Donor Car... Sunny GTI / Primera eGT...etc..

Fabricating the Comprehensive roll cage

Welding all the rear 'pickup' area up and fabricating the 'Lip' over the tailgate where the glass used to be and the 'C' Pillars used to be..

Also the Big Rear PANEL That seperates the cabin from the rear 'pickup' area.

Kristian

not yet. Was suppose to be working on it this weekend but not been able to due to work commitments etc...

Sorry guys. I will upload some pics of the car in a few days.

I think kristian has found a doner car but i will still be looking.

Finally a Update.. not a big one but friday should have pics of more work done to a rollcage and sides sorted out and boot done.

We fitted the tailgate and will be alligning it up with the top of the back half of the micra. The rear lights are on also.

Attachments

• DSC00258.JPG
    DSC00258.JPG
    718.3 KB · Views: 550
All Steel Tube and extra sheet metal came today for the micra.
The Tube is for the roll cage.. at 3" External Diameter and 2mm Thick it is perfect for a steel cage (so im told)

The sheet for the back of the cabin to complete the pickup look will be arriving tomorrow Just before we start work on the car and get quite a bit done. We spending a good 3-4hrs on this tomorrow and nearly every week now. Hopefully have the pickup in shape soon with just the engine to fit. :)

EDIT : Added Pics of Progress.

Attachments

• DSC00254.JPG
    DSC00254.JPG
    714.4 KB · Views: 436
  • DSC00255.JPG
    DSC00255.JPG
    720.7 KB · Views: 397
what engine you thinking of putting in also its looking really good

a SR20DE (2 Litre) Might put a turbo on it at a later date if we get the money together.

Sheet will be arriving in the next hour for the back cabin and ill be working on the micra with kristian around half 6. :) ill take some pics later and post em up tomorrow night.

with a whole month of no progress because of lack of funds we have found a SR20 car for doner.. This will be with the micra wednesday and will be stripping it out sat and sunday and putting engine in micra all being well..

"Business is picking up, Stay Tuned!"

It was a lovely almera GTi, a bike hit it side on - there's still bits of it embedded in the car apparently!

Good luck, cant think of a better use for the bits!

woooohooooooo...... SR20 Micra. they should have come like that from the nismo factory called the Nismo 150R.....mmmm

Back