• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Solarice's Project.

I hope you skimmed through, cos theres bound to be random jibbering from me throughout this, thats not at all interesting :laugh:

Just most of your technical posts, enjoyed reading about the emanage as I run it in the st.
Great project you have(Y)

Cheers. :)

Yeah im kinda liking the emanage (seems good enough for what i want...still need to upload my latest map now that i think of it.), even if its apparently supposed to be awkward on the k11's.

well MOT time today, so everyone cross your fingers lol...if this gets through and it'll only be emissions that may cause an issue (though i think the emanage should be able to assist that -- which im just about to play with)...then ive got one thing left to sort out, which maybe will mean this project after sitting around for about a year doing very little will actually be only a week or two away from being put all back together. :eek:

lets hope thats true :laugh:

well, it passed...car was turned to NA and the map pretty much removed, plus some fuel tinkering but it got through.

Think for next time im gonna have to have a MOT specific map done...guess i'll add it to the list. :)

Did you leave the e-manage logging during MOT to see what load and rpm range they used so you know where to map your adjustments for MOT specific map?

nah the laptop battery doesnt last long enough for long time monitoring unfortunatly...tbh, if i set the car up properly it should be ok even with everything on, as at the moment its always rich on normal driving...something i need to sort out. :)

actually how long does you log sofware log for?? mines only records for a couple of mins at a time. :S as i cant remember if thats normal or not :D

nothing much changed on outside at the moment :) which will get sorted shortly...theres a few pics earlier on in the thread that'll be close to as it stands, engine bay no difference either tbh...

nah the laptop battery doesnt last long enough for long time monitoring unfortunatly...tbh, if i set the car up properly it should be ok even with everything on, as at the moment its always rich on normal driving...something i need to sort out. :)

actually how long does you log sofware log for?? mines only records for a couple of mins at a time. :S as i cant remember if thats normal or not :D

I use the logging software from my wideband sensor as it shows me an identical map to the greddy maps but with my AFR in the tables, so it's easy to correlate between the 2, but that will monitor for as long as your battery lasts.

ah yeah, hardly use my wideband logging software...usually only emanage one, which as said only gives a few mins (which is annoying, when trying to log while driving on the road :laugh:)

Winlog I use, connected to my wideband, as my controller has RPM input aswell, and 2 additional 0-5v inputs, so I can have one connected to my MAP sensor and one on my MAF, although I don't have the MAP sensor in yet, so I have one on my MAF and one on my TPS.

sounds more in depth than im doing :D if id thought about it id probably have another box to link all the stuff together, but so far im happy enough with the compromise.

well out of all the possible issues i'd guesstimated, this one never crossed my mind...just been looking at the car, figured id give the engine a look over since it had cooled down (need to setup up the sc again)...and what do i find, mouse crap on my engine :eek: further investigation and its around a few areas of the engine bay...but heres the kicker theres a very good chance its also been in the vent system (as the covers off) so it could also get into the firewall etc :doh:

so far no proof of any damage or stowaways and hopefully it was just looking at the engine :laugh: before it starts trying to live there or starts eating my wiring, ive decided to setup some defenses :D ...as id deffo like to avoid baby mice being launched into the cabin when i turn the blowers on lol.

well the mice (notice the plural lol) are now under control, one of them had been trying to eat my air filter :eek: ...plus the cars booked in for paint next week ("about bloody time", i hear you cry) :D

Lucky you noticed the intruders before they moved in properly.
I sold a car to a travelling man who had parked his new Transit in a field & camped for a while. (As you do)The local mice got stuck in & wrecked it,major wiring damage.

yeah, ive found a few nibbles out of one of my spark plug leads aswell...just around the top though and not much, so dont think it'll cause any problems. Id deffo not be happy about having to fix wiring. :)

not totally finished fitting everything properly, ...doesnt look too bad. :)

wheels and mapping still to sort, then i think thats its.

Attachments

• Solarice-Dragonfly-Painted.JPG
    Solarice-Dragonfly-Painted.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 681
got any more pics? or are you saving them for later......?

nah will get proper pics once my wheels are on, car is still dusty in that pic...pretty pleased with the shine on it tbh, sanding it for paint it was a #####, but deffo worth it.

took some time frank, but its all one colour again :D

cant wait!

i've read your whole blog, even if i only understood 10% of it lol

it looks awesome,

you must be really chuffed its so close to completion,

it does look great, easily worth the hard work eh?

THAT IS LUSH MATE!!!!!!!!
great that u've persevered and stuck with the project!
you pleased with the paint work now then?

I was only looking for it to be all one colour...but yeah better than id imagined it'd be, its got a decent shine/reflection on it, not that you can really see in that pic...and the bonus is its back to blinding in full sun :D

The funny best bit, was when i slammed the door (after all the interior was on) and it gave a chunk noise instead of a clang/rattle combo that i'd been used to lol.

Whats does a 7j wide wheel, a -15 offset and chunky 55 profile tyre make......lots of problems :laugh:

Turns out, my front wheels were to close to the arches...meaning I could only drive in a straight line, soooo spent the last few days cutting the arches out (yes my new painted arches :D) to allow clearance and ive now got lock (Y). Only 1mm of clearance though so will need further modifications, but its all together and technically done...minus mapping ;)

Decided last minute to pop over to a local meet, so theres bound to be some decent pics of it at some point. Gotta say quite pleased how well it was received. :)

Drives awesome.

i seen it today at the meet and i must say i was drooling look beauitful took some pics but havnt uploaded them yet will wait for chris to get his first

feel free kenny, im only planning on pinching a decent pic from JNE (if a pic appears). As im gonna finish tweaking my arches before i take final pics, there were some horrible scrubbing noises on the way home :) oddly its not obvious where its hitting, it happens when turning and the suspension is under load, so i know where i need to properly look.

Hacksaw jobby later on me thinks. :D

Ah cheers kenny, saved me having to copy the links over (did you ask first btw?) :D

can see in those how much the rear wheels need a spacer, something i may add to the list.

Back