• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Shaun's Super S (K11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes mate, off the rear of the midpipe (tho the joint at the front of the midpipe looked like it needed to go further in imo)
either way gives you more clearance on that crossmember under the boot floor
Ok will need to get on that at the weekend and finally staighten out that backbox!
Thankyou Frank! (again) :p

Update:
After a very questionable quote today i think i will be moving away from this car. :down: it is a shame really as i have got so attached to it!

What made you do that decision? I'm also interested in knowing that. Yea, i know we have old cars, most of us dont have aircon, power steering, electric windows, electric doors, abs etc....but after all the mods i've thrown on it it's just a lovely car to drive (Y) Im sure if i'll get a new car i will still keep my K11 for weekend drives grr

Sorry if it sounded so misleading... I still want a K11. :laugh:
Just the sills on the car are quite bad to the point paint has started flaking on the outside of the car on the rear left quarter.
engine still runs as smooth as a nut though.

Either i will continue with this car if i can do all the bodywork myself and get the sills done (properly) at a decent price and not £300 :suspect:
or i will get another PRE-FACELIFT in much better condition and play a big game of puzzle and make one decent car out of two. I am trying to decide which would benefit me most financially.

Repair the sills don't let the ss die
lol i wouldn't let it be crushed. most of the damage is easy to repair, bumpers & wings (rust & scuffs) but it's the rear left quarter and the shabby sills that are doing me head in!

If you get it repaired then you know its been done and you can then sppend more time on protecting it from happening again and you have piece of mind knowing that its not gonna just crumble away. Whats to say the same wont happen on another car later down the line where you dont know the history of that car.

If i were in your shoes, i would get it repaired. But good luck on whatever choice you take.

If you get it repaired then you know its been done and you can then sppend more time on protecting it from happening again and you have piece of mind knowing that its not gonna just crumble away. Whats to say the same wont happen on another car later down the line where you dont know the history of that car.

If i were in your shoes, i would get it repaired. But good luck on whatever choice you take.
Thankyou. You do talk sense. My K10 was in the family for over 11 years and knew what had happened to it in that time.
How much should i be looking at for the sills both sides completely done?

Need to save :down:

lol i wouldn't let it be crushed. most of the damage is easy to repair, bumpers & wings (rust & scuffs) but it's the rear left quarter and the shabby sills that are doing me head in!

I'm sure there is an army of welders on here that'll do a favour for a fellow member best to ask eh

Seen somewhere when I'm at home I'll double check £40 a side for new sills then it's a case of getting your old ones cut and the new ones welded on

Seen somewhere when I'm at home I'll double check £40 a side for new sills then it's a case of getting your old ones cut and the new ones welded on
It's the labour charge thats gonna kill (as usual)

sills are spot welded? not continous weld so can be learned = even easyer
got to take the old ones off tydi-sh
when you learn how too-------do all ours for a decent price

sills are spot welded? not continous weld so can be learned = even easyer
got to take the old ones off tydi-sh
when you learn how too-------do all ours for a decent price
:laugh: That's a good idea but would need to buy all that kit :down:

Update:
Had such a busy weekend. This grill is a TM of me. lol
Lowered
Tinted lights
Removed Side Indicators
Removed Door Handles
Open mouth Grill (same as my K10)
Open Mouth Bumper
What do you Guys think?
CleanK11Novcopy.jpg

(photoshopped) no micras were hurt in the production of this footage.

Update:
After much scrubbing today managed to get all the grit, dirt and crud off the car. I know it will be back tonight but that's besides the point!

Real Pictures:

CleanDec3.jpg

CleanDec9.jpg

CleanDec8.jpg

CleanDec7.jpg

CleanDec2.jpg

CleanDec.jpg

Looks awesome maate!! I thought the first photo was real!! Get Mckenzie round for some chop chop soon :)

Epic fail on trying to post pic from my iPhone, car does look wicked Shaun just needs lowering now :)

Oh and sorry for spamming

looks great open mouthed!! I like keeping my SS standard though, well on the outside anyway hehe :wasntme:

That looks mint! love the Photoshop too very realistic. Keep up the good work.

Ps are your alloys 15"?

Cheers

Shaun..How bad are your sills?They usually only suffer in front of the back wheel (Due to the delibarate hole Nissan built in that lets water inside)If this is the case on your car you would not need complete new sills,you can make up plates & repair yourself.Cut & grind the rot out & make plates that fit inside the hole so you can glass paste & filler after to make a flush invisible repair.Drill a hole in the plate & put a string/wire/zip tie so you can pull the plate down while the glass paste goes off.You can get right into that area of the sill by removing the side trim inside the car to remove debris & spray something oily to prevent further drama...
I believe MOT rules say repairs must be seam welded not spot which is way over the top IMO especially if an oversill is being used.My expert sayes he can't fail what can't be seen & most people would tidy up the repair with some seam sealer afterwards anyway...

wtf.gif
Enough of that spam! :laugh:

Thanks for all the witty remarks about the Brand names. It will be done.
Sleeper the sills aren't that bad just really ugly so gonna grind them back and tidy them up a bit in time.
Sulur if you look at the first page like McK said you'll find they are 15" x 6.5J
Thankyou everyone for the comments on the P'shop that is kind of what i want to achieve (no nicking that grill idea.) lol

Will update over the weekend by the looks of it with pictures of me and McK Bosch'n some springs on and Makita low rider.

Annoying Noise.

At first i thought it was the fans/blowers/heaters making this sound (yet to take it apart though) seems like it is actually coming from behind the clocks.
Like a quick tapping sound? comes and go's only when moving might i add.

anyone.gif

At first i thought it was the fans/blowers/heaters making this sound (yet to take it apart though) seems like it is actually coming from behind the clocks.
Like a quick tapping sound? comes and go's only when moving might i add.

I got that aswell sometimes. i thought it was leaf in the window heating

I got that aswell sometimes. i thought it was leaf in the window heating
It could be but it seems to be very close to the speedo wire cable etc.
don't want to take it all apart think i have fixed it and then get it again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back