• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Shaun's Super S

Status
Not open for further replies.
What car are the discs ment for?
Are we talking about the vented discs?
if so they are intended for the K10 only the calipers need to be a few 'mm' wider as the discs are 3 or 5 mm wider than standard discs, when i bought them they were advertised as micra K10
haven't really looked at them in a while as they are not at the top of my list of things to do. :p

1.2 liter k10 as vented discs stock :) (in germany, don't know if it is the same in uk)
and they fit the 1 liter without any problems.

1.2 liter k10 as vented discs stock :) (in germany, don't know if it is the same in uk)
and they fit the 1 liter without any problems.

i don't suppose you have the dimensions of those discs alleks?

I thought they may have been for a k11 or something cause if they were I might have some spare calipers

got the dimension from the seller on ebay where i got mine, but if you tell that even the weight is the same, I am not sure if the dimensions are right.

got the dimension from the seller on ebay where i got mine, but if you tell that even the weight is the same, I am not sure if the dimensions are right.

Well I got mine from eBay too they were supposed to be brembo but they couldn't get hold of them so got mintex instead and was told these were exactly the same so if yours are vented and mine also in theory they should be same weight unless the manufacturer has used slightly different material. That why I asked about maybe caliper difference?

got mintex too... I don't think that calipers are different. My nissan seller told me "that will never work", but they fit. I thought it would be senseless to put different calipers to a car which has just 4ps more then the other. In Germany they say, that the vented discs are stock because when nissan built the bluebird there were too much vented discs left and instead of melt them or something like this, they used them in the 1.2. The vented one have way less fading then the massiv ones.

In that case then I'll pick up some brake pads soon and give it a go thanks alleks :)

you just have to push the caliper as wide as ist goes. then you will probably have 1/2mm space... its very tight but it works. at first it seemed to me that it will not fit, but if you use something to press it in it will work and remember: open the brake fluid container to release the pressure.

Ok well thanks alleks will give it a go when I get the car rolling properly again quite looking forward to it :D

Update:
Right no pictures for now as i don't really have a decent camera to use :(
the new ignition coil is on and providing a spark however not getting anything from the dizzy to the plugs, could be the cap? rotor arm? whole dizzy!
will sort it soon and fingers crossed that will be that and i can get back on the road! it's been far too long!
Keep you guys posted. :grinning: with plenty of pics!

The dizzy switches the coil on and off . If there's a spark at the coil most likely the cap or rotor arm are faulty or leads or plugs if they haven't been changed recently :)n

The dizzy switches the coil on and off . If there's a spark at the coil most likely the cap or rotor arm are faulty or leads or plugs if they haven't been changed recently :)n
Fairly new leads and plugs so i wouldn't of thought it'd be them :( am leaning towards rotor arm and cap which is less than a tenner so we'll see!

Looks mint in the video Shaun (Y).
Thankyou! hopefully i'll have a better one once it's actually back on the road!

Fairly new leads and plugs so i wouldn't of thought it'd be them am leaning towards rotor arm and cap which is less than a tenner so we'll see!
sounds like either dizzy cap or rotor arm then. watch out getting the cap off as the screws dont like coming out sometimes. i had to melt mine off. when yours is back on the road and mines on the road will have to meet up and do a photoshoot maybe?

sounds like either dizzy cap or rotor arm then. watch out getting the cap off as the screws dont like coming out sometimes. i had to melt mine off. when yours is back on the road and mines on the road will have to meet up and do a photoshoot maybe?

Photoshoot YES!
had the cap off already but don't really know what im looking for but porkpie700 is helping us out through PM's too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back