• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs Micra Thread

Started work on my old alloys today (See first page for how they look at the minute)

Sanded back the nissan logo on the centre caps and fillered over, need to sand and probably refiller again in the morning.. Then take the tyres off and paint the centre caps and wheels, going for black again I think. Maybe with a red strip around the lip, but I'll do it with tape first to see how that looks.

Current tyres are 165/60/14s.. I'm thinking of going to 185/50/14s, as there's more available that size than 195s!

I'll look into yoko's then!

Picture time! Cameras out of battery so they're phone pics..

Here's the wheels:
DSC00231.jpg

Center caps:
DSC00233.jpg

Sanded back:
DSC00232.jpg

Filled and primed:
DSC00234.jpg

Hopefully getting tyres removed tomorrow, then can prime the wheels and hopefully start to put the black coat on in the evening :)

Just placed my order with matt humphries..

Coming my way is:

-50mm lowering springs
-Bilstein B2 damper kit
-Whiteline adjustable panhard rod

:D

I was going to get my tyres removed at my friends uncles garage, but his tool for it would scratch my alloys apparently :( So have to wait til next week to have them removed..

Hopefully the week after that will see it all going on :D

Still need to sort my binding brake too.. And finish my uni assignment. Well, start and finish it.

This came this morning..

DSC00238.jpg

:D

Still haven't done anymore to my wheels, probably going to be next week now.. Hopfully get it all fitted towards the end of the week/beginning of the next :)

With your headlights, is there function at all restricted from the reflectors being sprayed as surely this would reduce the light being reflected forward?, as i am planning on doing this mod but that popped up in my mind :p Wb.
Rice

I've had no problems with them, and they passed an MOT like that, so :)

ALSO, there may be a new front splitter heading my way.. :p

iirc raceworx started it off on his sr20 micra? then 59bhp did it, then goldstar then alienfish, then me, then robert, swiper, modded micra and so on lol

iirc raceworx started it off on his sr20 micra? then 59bhp did it, then goldstar then alienfish, then me, then robert, swiper, modded micra and so on lol

yer but yours havent got the indicator sprayed aswell, which looks better imo and makes barely any difference to the amount they reflect!

Went to fit my tinted rear lights again yesterday and I've managed to get them all scratched up :( On the hunt for another set of prefacelift lights now!

Also hoping to pick up an almera airbox to replace my current induction kit, and I've just sent payment to AMY for the nismo front splitter :D

mmm JDM based, aftermarket lights..you can buy them like that on ebay. james had some on his prefacelift. i dont know if there painted or smoked..or a really thin paint layer so it still reflects the light...

robert what went off with the rear lights? how you scratch them? just curoius how easy the tint spary is to scratch off lol..

also you gonna fit a super s/sr rear bumper?

and ive just read this thread all over agian and you have done an amazing job!! :)

Thanks mate :)

I'd left the lights in a box on top of each other, one of the screws on the back of the light must have scratched the light under it!

Yeah, I have a SR rear bumper sat in the garage.. I'm need to smooth it and get it sprayed, But now I have the front splitter I'm waiting for a rear splitter to match it before i swap the bumpers!

Couldn't resist a test fit of the splitter, seems to fit well, it held itself on the car for a picture anyway!

DSC00303.jpg
[/IMG]

Also had my rear lights turn up, hopefully tint them at work over the weekend, and just ordered wind deflectors too! :D

Cheers :)

Tinted lights now refitted! They're not quite as dark as my last set so they let a lot more light through, which can only be a good thing.. lol

Light close up:
PICT0092.jpg

Both lights:
PICT0093.jpg

Random, poor, front shot with no splitter:
PICT0094.jpg

Fitted wind deflectors today, pics up later :)

Also just noticed how poor the finish on the tinted lights look in that picture, they don't look so bad in real life, but a little polish should help anyway :)

Back