• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs Micra Thread

Well, the mirrors are finished and on :D

P1000230.jpg

Just need to source new wings, smooth them, tint the bumpers' lights, then get it booked into a bodyshop!

After spending a few hours cutting the driving lights out of the super s bumper they've been tinted now :D

Also dropped the bumper off at a plastic welders this morning to be opened out and smoothed :)

didnt fancy touching bumper yourself then mate!!!
good job with tints!! look like mine now?
will bumper be on for exeter meet?........im sure it will

Well i went for a quote and was told £400 for the wings and bumper done, so was gonna try myself.
Then someone told me about a plastic welder in camelford, and he's said £50 to do the bumper how i want :D
LSo then it's just the painting i need doing.

Hopefully, it'l all be done for the meet yes :) Thats what I'm aiming for anyways.

Small update as things are starting to happen!

- Kristians sorting some smooth wings for me
- Bumpers at the plastic welding place being cut out and smoothed
- Driving lights have been tinted ready for the bumper
- Number plate bracket design has been dropped off and should be ready in the next couple of days
- New number plates are here

Just got mesh left to get, then once I've got everything together it can go on :D Hopefully in the next week or so, depending on when i get time to do it.

Update!

The bumpers left the plastic center and is now in the body shop to be sprayed, along with the grill that had a crack i want sorted :) Been told I'll have it back mid-late next week as they're busy atm.

Also now have numberplate screws, caps and prefacelift towing eye still waiting for the numberplate bracket to come back, and just ordered my black mesh.

So hopefully late next week or early the next it'l all be done.

Here's some sneak pics of the bumper between the plastic center and the body shop :)

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

Kristians just told me the wings are pretty much done too!
Hoping to have a picture this evening :)

robert

gravity guns give very little overspray, i aquired a german gravity gun that sprays better than any devilebiss and the transfer rate is so good that you can screw it right down so that it stinks the garage out no more than a spraycan would

Just picked up a laguna splitter to go on the new bumper too.
Just need to trim it and then spray it, gloss black to match the mesh/lights/wheels :)

These wings are modified and painted by me in my new K-Kustom Workshop..

cimg2614ka2.jpg

..they used to be white, and on the turbo micra.. ;(

Anything else needed pal, just get in touch.. im just to flatten these off and buff them up, and then they are on their way to you..

( p.s - Be aware that this is Professionally mixed AJ4.. so these are the perfect original color.. if your bonnets faded and in need of a T-Cut, these will look a shade brighter.. )

Don't work for Aldi do you Frank, that's the second time you've reccomended that ;)

Do they deliver/have them regularly in stock, do you know, looks like an absolute bargain (if half-decent quality)>
Craig

i'm not sure if they deliver, but aldi only have offers in for a certain amount of time, they change them every sunday and thursday, last thing i got from aldi was a 12ft trampoline for the kids, bargain, but i had to que up 15 mins before it opened and i was 7th in line then!!! each store gets a limited supply of offers, and don't normally re-stock the items on offer. so be quick.

those wings look good, hope the couriors don't damage them :S

Sweet! Thanks Kristian :)

If you don't mind, can you get pictures as you package them? In case of damage by the courier company, we'll have some sort of come back (Y)

That's parts form TWO turbo micra's going onto my car then.. Seems it's destiend to go turbo'd at some point ;)

Right, I'm picking up my bumper and grill tomorrow morning :D

I'm still waiting on my numberplate bracket and my wings to get here, and need to pick up some self tappers for the splitter, then I'm good to go!

Unless my wings are here tomorrow, it's going to be next week when i get parts going onto my car.

Picked my bits up today :)

The bumper/grill and accessories:
DSC_2129.jpg

And the grill with the mesh fitted:
DSC_2131.jpg

DSC_2134.jpg

Just waiting for wings and my numberplate bracket now, before i can mesh the bumper and attach the splitter.
Come wednesday it'l all be on :D

plaese mount your number plate in the normal place! not at the side! lol they only mount them at the side to allow air into the intercooler! and obv its not a turbo car and imo i think they look stupid at the side...oh and dont buy a ''jap size'' plate :p unless you have a march rear number plate holder or nippiles ;)

lol just my opion!

Mesh was from ebay.
And I'm using a standard numberplate, going in the middle of the bumper, only on the bottom rather than the top.

And I'm using a standard numberplate, going in the middle of the bumper, only on the bottom rather than the top.

nice to hear :) as said was just my opion the fact i dont like them at the side etc...will look good near the bottem! you will still be able to show off your smooth parts then. (well that is the idea lol) them smooth wings are gonna look awsome on the car, loking forward to seeing it finished!

Numberplate bracket is all done now, just need to fit it to the bumper, fit the number plate, fit the mesh then the bumpers ready :D

Still waiting for my wings though :doh:

Hasn't he sent them to you yet?!

Nope, apparently they were being picked up last thursday.. But I've had no reply to PMs or anything :down:

Bumpers all finished :D

DSC_2198.jpg

DSC_2199.jpg

I'm not sure I like the angle of the number plate, so i might give the bracket a bit of tweaking in the future, but I'll leave as is for a while, I might change my mind once it's on :)

I actually think I quite like the number plate there - will be interested to see how it looks on the car.
Craig

Cheers, the wheels are in need of a refurb though! Considering doing them with a red lip but I'm not sure.

Yeah i like where the plate is, i like things symmetrical so didn't want one off to the side. Like i said, the angle's not quite how i pictured it, but it's hard to tell with it not being on the car. If I still don't like it i'll make up some little wedges for inbetween the plate and bracket to alter the angle :)

Fitted the splitter this morning:

DSC_2200.jpg

Not sure if I'll keep it on yet, but after thinking about it i decided it's easier to take it off than put it on once it's on the car :)

I bought my car with 6000 miles on it, I know it's sound. There's no rust and the crossmembers in top condition.
And it's a bit more unique :)

And the cold air feed does blow into the filter.. I think on the first page of my blog there's a picture of the filter on top of the TB, should show where the cold airfeed sits a bit better than words can.

Here:
S4020213.jpg

The cold air feed blows into the centre part, the rest of the filter sucks air from the engine bay.

just reading through this threat and found this.

Really intrested and i want to where his standed air filter comin from??

Or is it that he has'nt took it off yet? lol

cheers

I was going to paint the splitter, but was scared of the paint flaking as it's rubber, and it goes with the black/red theme anyway :)
It's from a Laguna.

Back