• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs Micra Thread

Short shifters now on, feels awesome would recommend it :) Need to get a gaitor of some sort though as it doesn't look to good with the standard rubber one being all squashed together. Also fitted a new momo knob to replace the standard one, it's a bit shiny but it was free so I'm not complaining. Will get a picture later on :)

Nismo rear splitters also now come but probably wont be fitted for a while yet, want to source some nismo side spats or skirts of some sort..

Short shifters now on, feels awesome would recommend it :) Need to get a gaitor of some sort though as it doesn't look to good with the standard rubber one being all squashed together. Also fitted a new momo knob to replace the standard one, it's a bit shiny but it was free so I'm not complaining. Will get a picture later on :)

Nismo rear splitters also now come but probably wont be fitted for a while yet, want to source some nismo side spats or skirts of some sort..

just my opion, iam not keen on the nismo side skirt spat jobbies, look abit tackey to me. tbh i actually like the nismo front and rear lips without side skirts...just makes it look cleaner imo. :) depends waht you want tho, i.e full nismo kit or half lol. ither way it will look good! :)

also the short shifter feels so much better over the long standard throws dont it?. one of the best mods ive ever done to mine.

Yeah my plan was a full nismo kit, but I prefer my open mouth grill.. Then was tempted my the march boot plate holder and nismo spoiler, but have decided on just sticking with the Super S one.. and liked the skirts you have/had on yours, as there simple but should bring the car down to about the same height the whole way around :)

Just wait and see what turns up i guess!

Yeah my plan was a full nismo kit, but I prefer my open mouth grill.. Then was tempted my the march boot plate holder and nismo spoiler, but have decided on just sticking with the Super S one.. and liked the skirts you have/had on yours, as there simple but should bring the car down to about the same height the whole way around :)

Just wait and see what turns up i guess!

i will let you know if iam selling them as its tempting lol. just need to see how bad my sills are when i take them off, and if they aint too bad you can buy them off me if you want :)

Yeah the light brows will be going on, just need to find time to paint them. Im not sure if they'l be staying on, depends how they look!

ul have to take me out for a drive and show me how good this short shifter is ;)
looking forward to picks of splitters you B*G*ER lol

Sorry Naps somehow missed your post!
I'm hoping to have the splitters done once christmas is out of the way, we'll have to meet up for a drive and some pictures once it's done :D

I have a lightened flywheel courtesy of frank, just need it fitted!

Rubbish update, but I'm back to standard facelift rear lights.

i preffer the facelift facelift 2001+ they dont have the orange on the indicators like the facelift 98>2001 jobbies there just all red with clear...

Well between uni and work I've not had chance to do anything to the micra! :(
However a mix up with wages means i should be seeing a nice lump sum coming this month (after being paid £100ish below what i should've been each month, for 14months..) :D Which means i can splash out a bit.. This will probably be just having my splitters fitted, and sourcing some skirts.. Finally get around to fitting my lightened flywheel from Frank and fitting my new ICE :) possibly smoothing doors/boot and fitting tints, but I'm also moving so I have rent to be thinking about.

Anyways, none of this will be happening until next month unfortunatly :( Boring update I know, but oh well :p

Nice blog dude like what you have been doing, shame how its gonna be next month until you get the money! But at least it will a tiny bit warmer then :D

True!

I've also just unplugged my games controller for my headunit so I can plug my new ipod into the aux in port instead :)

Ok so the payment from work has now come through, so at some stage this month I should be having the splitters fitted :D

Also have now given in my dissertation (phew!) so work should start soon on installing the subs and amp :)

And for an update: The rear seats have been removed, can't say I've noticed the difference in driving the car though to be honest, but they're only removed in preperation for march seats to be put in on Sunday :)

Pictures are better than words :)

Rear seats out:
IMG_0340.jpg

Current front seats:
IMG_0341.jpg

The short shifter/gear gaitor issue:
IMG_0339.jpg

And how it currently looks (no different!):
IMG_0338.jpg

Didn't get the door cards in the end as the plastics were a different colour and decided it just wouldn't match!

Probably, but i want a full retrim eventually anyway, and that's pretty much next on the list of things to do!

ahhh, should look good when done then :) i bet the march seats are rate comfy over the horriable looking standard facelift ones! they hurt my back :S there just not comfy engough, its like sitting on a wooden chair!

March interior now fitted! Love it, so much more comfortable now :D

Need to take out my airbag light bulb though as that's flashing due to these seats having nowhere to plug in the airbag wiring, unless there's another fix?

Rear seats aren't locking in place properly either, think I just need some march hinges for them as I had to space out the standard ones to get them to bolt on!

Also hacked up a gear gaitor and refitted that, but it looks a bit rubbish so I need to give it another shot, or just go leather!

i didnt think the seats had anything too do with the airbag lights??? the only thing i know that will cause the light to flash is the seat belt tensioner wireing, the tensioner control box (under the cubby hole infront of the gear stick) or a airbag at fault...

lol strange! because on my last si & this si my mums & my grans si i havent got/had or seen a plug like that under the seats. :S heated seats, or airbag? :S

i know what it will look like already lol, yellow wire & yellow plug?..all the airbag plugs are yellow iirc. but the seat belt tensiors have a yellow wire's..... so i dont know how many other plugs are yellow lol hence heated seats :S

i carnt see why there would be airbags in the seats...i didnt know the k11 came with them :S and as you said you dont have any switchs? lol

Pictures! Poor quality but it's my grandads camera!

Snowed under:
IMG_0565.jpg

March front seats:
IMG_0579.jpg

March rear seats:
IMG_0580.jpg

Dodgy looking gear gaitor:
IMG_0581.jpg

not sure on the new interior ....but to be honest i prefer plain seats than the patterned ones that nissan chose. a quick question why did you take you almera gti alloys off?

The seats are so much more comfortable! And match the car a lot better than the green ones did, just have to do something about the door cards now until i get my retrim.

Almera alloys went as i was downsizing to 14's for better performance, and a lower stance.

looks mint mate where did you get ya short shifter from i badly want one now

Ebay!

Back