-------
Site Supporter
OH
24vkx9e.jpg
[

OP
OP
sr_steve
another arch has fell of, dont reccomend these at all. car still mega low, it even scrapes on normally roads with a slight bump in them =win. speed bumps are an absoloute nightmare. few pics for yal
b6pje8.jpg

11wbo9f.jpg

rip arch
3466atx.jpg

euro_micra

Matt :)

I'm liking the lowness of this, what is it now, about -70mm from the springs + -20mm from tyres?(Y)
Pity about the arch trims, whats your plan now? you should try them painted black and bonded on better before gettin rid imo-got a pic of mine somewhere n looked like a mini.

OP
OP
sr_steve
i havnt got a clue how low it is now mate, but when i took this pic 2 mins later a micra pulled in and started talking to me (same colour as ours, tinted windows, 1.4sport alloys and lowered 35mm.) i parked my car right next to his and when we stood and looked at his car from the side mine had completley disapeared.
as for the arches i dont know what im doing yet. havnt got the moneys to buy new ones, ill just have to wait till the last 2 drop off. buy some more then tiger seal them on cause i have some in the boot :)

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Just be careful you don't get tugged by traffic division, they will screw you if the tyres not covered looks awesome though

euro_micra

i parked my car right next to his and when we stood and looked at his car from the side mine had completley disapeared.

That's percpective for ya:laugh: but I know what you mean mate, did you get any pics?? I'm always on the look out for a stock blue facelift to park next to to compare and photo:wasntme:

as for the arches i dont know what im doing yet. havnt got the moneys to buy new ones, ill just have to wait till the last 2 drop off. buy some more then tiger seal them on cause i have some in the boot :)

So they fell of when driving:eek: like martboy says don't get caught driving with that much tread visable ffs lol.
By the way, have you seen these for a look similar to this(Y) worth considering imo.

OP
OP
sr_steve
i didnt manage to take any pics unfortunatley, i was too busy telling him about matiz struts and so on... but ill be on the look out for one now and get one. theres one not far from mine but its parked on a road so i would have to get a side on view like.
im in two minds on them arches, they look slightly wider than i would like to be imo. cheers though i will consider them though mate :)

small update, been quoted £300 to get my 2 rear quaters, 2 doors, boot, and 2 bumpers reprayed. my back to quaters are quite badly dinted from the previous owner, so he said he will have to bodge it all up which will be slightly time comsuming? fair price?

OP
OP
sr_steve
yeah i drive it there, he does the buisness then i get it back few days later. he was the one that did my last micra so i know hes a good painter on a real good timescale. 3 days for half a car last time and he had other jobs on at same time

OP
OP
sr_steve
bad news, should have listened to yous, now have 3 points and a 60 pound fine for the wheels :(. thing that ####*d me off though is the fact he didnt tell me to take the wheels off or give me a producer to get them sorted :glare:
more bad news, was driving along the other day and my clutch felt really light joint by a weird ticking sound. i got home and walked over to the house when the gf noticed a massive slug trail down the road. i had a look under and it looks like its pouring from the gearbox.
im uninsuring the car today so that i have maximum money over the next few month because it is 1.3 time, december see's the m.o.t expire and january's the tax

oh and to make things worse i lost my fone last week. so not had the best few weeks

OP
OP
sr_steve
oooh mate it must of hit somwhere underneath
glad you aint giving in!!!!!!!
not going to give in now, ive came too far. plus this is a good excuse to get a 1.3 dropped in :)

Sounds like you've had some bad luck matey, can't believe how low your car is looks ace.
cheers mate, id like to go lower, but reality is im going to have to heighten it as it isnt practical :(

Where did you got these arches?
ebay mate, just type in universal car arches

OP
OP
sr_steve
well its the end of a era, cars going to be SCRAPED! if i cant find a buyer within the next week or so. tax and m.o.t will be expired by end of december and i havnt got any private land to park it on, or money to fix it in time for the mot. oviously i will be selling the wheels sepratley. hugely gutted though :(

OP
OP
sr_steve
i could but then i dont know how long ill have to leave it there for, not bringing in too much money atm so it could take ages. i plan on getting something different anyway. something ive never had. that something is a seat ibiza. ive been sucked right into the ibiza bubble today after a bit of research. it will be a nice change :)

baguete

Site Supporter
i could but then i dont know how long ill have to leave it there for, not bringing in too much money atm so it could take ages. i plan on getting something different anyway. something ive never had. that something is a seat ibiza. ive been sucked right into the ibiza bubble today after a bit of research. it will be a nice change :)

After some months on that Ibiza, you will go back to the Micras... :laugh:

euro_micra

Ahh sorry to hear that pal, you was making some good progress with it before the set backs. I wouldn't have thought it would be too much to repair the gearbox leak, suppose it would be hassle to pay for and do that before mot n tax lol. Keep us updated on the progress with the ibiza then, any plans on coming back with another micra someday?

OP
OP
sr_steve
i might be back in a micra once i save up again, ive got myself into a bit of debt aswell and the car is the only thing of any value to me to pay it off so it has to go really. if i can find a white pre facelift though ill be straight back here :)

OP
OP
sr_steve
right then. im staying :). superlites are coming off tomorow, almeras back on. going to start stripping the engine out tomorow BUT, dont no where to start.

so where shall i start tomorow, disconnect battery, drain all fluids? help please

B

blobbletec

Car looked great, but seriously if your asking where to start on an engine swap, should you really be doing it..:p

B

blobbletec

Ok, thats fair enuff, id start by taking the battery out, drain the fluids, these are easy jobs, removing things that are easy to get off first, coolant hoses, radiator and fan, airbox, and so on, before you know it the engine bay will look empty.. good luck..

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i feel for you
dam............. poor country by the looks of things nothings safe-----if they aint damaging your goods then theyr niking em
silly question but do you have to scrap him?

OP
OP
sr_steve
Bloody Hell Man, hope you've contacted the police. Some bad luck mate they were nice alloys.
well thats the thing, the cars been uninsured for some time there for shouldnt be on non private property? :(
i feel for you
dam............. poor country by the looks of things nothings safe-----if they aint damaging your goods then theyr niking em
silly question but do you have to scrap him?
(her, penelope :). ) yeah i have a fine due which i dont have the money for at all. ive even advertised it for £150 and just cant get it shifted at all.

oh and to add to the bad luck the bonnet catch snaped earlyer so i cant access the engine bay.

OP
OP
sr_steve
So sorry to hear that, mate! Hope you find something to cheer you up!
cheers mate, my gf the only thing keeping me going atm:blush:. the cars just been took on the back of a truck and is on its way to be crushed as we speek. sad times. id like to be able to say ill be back soon but reallity is i think im going to go for something newer, not mega new, but ive become quite fond of seat ibiza mk3's. and to be honest a k12 is probably way out of my budget, unless you can pick them up for £1000 mark?.
anyway its been a good expierience and one day i will be back theres no doubt about that. maybe as a second car project.

Might be a bit of a long-shot, but do you have Micra floor mats in the car, and would you be willing to sell them?

Its such a shame you have to scrap it, if I were nearer I'd be happy to take it off your hands as is, I just cant bear seeing an otherwise perfectly good Micra, particularly a facelift Blue Ally go to waste. I hope someone can at least try save it before it goes to the scrappy :(

Unfortunately we do live in times where people are ruthless and all out for themselves.

OP
OP
sr_steve
Might be a bit of a long-shot, but do you have Micra floor mats in the car, and would you be willing to sell them?

Its such a shame you have to scrap it, if I were nearer I'd be happy to take it off your hands as is, I just cant bear seeing an otherwise perfectly good Micra, particularly a facelift Blue Ally go to waste. I hope someone can at least try save it before it goes to the scrappy :(

Unfortunately we do live in times where people are ruthless and all out for themselves.

gets gone now, im gutted :(. and no mate i havnt got the mats. sorry

Some bad luck there mate, did you take any of the bit's off it?

nah i the price of would have droped when they colected it if it was not a complete car

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
That is terrible. :( hope you can fill a hole with them Seats (euurrrgghhh. lol) would be nice to see you back again (Y)