• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs Micra Thread

looking good :) im sure an angled number plate can screw up the coppers radar guns (sometimes)...same as them aiming at bonnet and not the flat surface. If its true and ive not just made that up, then id leave it as is :D

I spent agessss searching on the net about plate positions, and couldn't find anything! If there's a problem, I'll move it ;)

nah theres no problem with the possition of that plate. the only criteria is that its visible from the front of the vehicle

the wings will arrive shortly......i can feel it....and you will have an awesome look k11 mate!!

(random question: did you sell your facelift bumper? iirc you sold the fogs but......)

bumper went to scrap mate!
Had it in the garage for ages, got a bit scratched so figured it wasnt worth keeping!

bumper went to scrap mate!
Had it in the garage for ages, got a bit scratched so figured it wasnt worth keeping!

NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! i know you where selling it ages ago so my fault for not asking sooner!!!
its all good!!

Nope, light recesses are different, and where they meet the wings.

Small update, lightened flywheel on it's way, courtesy of Frank :D

Still waiting for my wings :doh:

Roberts lightened flywheel ;)

Attachments

• PICT0452.JPG
    PICT0452.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 337
:D

Hopefully my wings are here soon and I'll have it off you! And pay you back for it.. Lol.

Student loans FTW!

Should be on tomorrow. :)

Lee, not sure how far I'll get with taking parts off tonight, the weather's not too good..

Progress!
Couldn't wait to get this on (It has been about 3 months..)

Front end off:
DSC_0711.jpg

Towing eye swapped, this shows old vs new:
DSC_0713.jpg

Wings on:
DSC_0716.jpg

Also i managed to get the new plugs for the fog lights wired in, so in the morning I've just got to put on the bumper, lights and grill, give it a quick wash, then off for some pictures :D

(Y) you dont need me lol!
i wish i could have helped mate!
looking forward to pics 2moz and ill come up and see it next week if thats cool?

Just got up, gonna drink me coffee then crack on with it :D
Gonna be phone pics though as my friends got my camera!

Naps, next weeks cool, I'm only free wednesday and thursday though?

All done :D

Few pics along the way, Bumper on:
DSC00165.jpg

Lights in:
DSC00166.jpg

Grill on:
DSC00168.jpg

Wooooo:
DSC00174.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

Bonnet catch needs a bit of playing with to get the bonnet sat properly, but I don't have a file, and I'm sick of getting wet. Smooth bonnet, probably black for the time being, is the last thing for the front end :)

14's and new suspension coming soon.

rob

looks very nice (Y)
like you say, a little bit of tweaking eh, if you can snatch the bonnet catch forward, it,ll probably make the top of the grille sit better and will drop the bonnet too

How do you mean Frank? Couple of washers in behind the bonnet catch to bring it forwards?

The bonnet still needs to drop down a bit more, and it's sitting further to the drivers side for some reason, only a couple of mil, but enough to bug me!
It seems to be too far forwards too, not sure i can do much about that though..

Cheers moddedmicra, they're driving lights. Doubt they'll get much use though as painting the insides probably messed up the beam pattern!

rob

it looks like the slam panel is back a touch (holding the top of the grille back, and the headlamps)
if you tie some rope around the catch to something secure, and roll the car back, it should pull it forward and downwards
start slow tho eh :p

No they're not. They do look it in the pictures though, probably a combination of a poor camera and poor weather!

looks good.!!!

Apologies about the wings taking forever..

Make sure you give the whole lot a good t-cut because the new paint on the front end will look different to the old paint on the doors etc..

Yeah, I'm just waiting or some decent weather, gonna take up a whle day i feel.

Would clay or anything else be better than t-cut? I'm gonna be investing in some decent cleaning stuff soon.

The paint on the wings is quite 'orange peely' Kristian, anything i can do to fix this?

Think the bonnet needs to go back tbh..
As for it sitting further to one side, I'm thinking of taking a file to the top bolt holes on the wing to pull it in a bit.

Picked up some filler today to smooth out the SR rear bumper :D
Not gonna bother with a smooth boot for now.

I like the last pic, very nice.

Just being a prick, but do you have any kind of indicator visible from the side?

Craig

I like everything on that apart from how you've mounted the number plate I'm afraid mate. Just not my cup of tea soz.

Ivan

I'm not that keen on it tbh, i like the position but not how it sits, i need to make up a wedge for the brackets to make it a less steep angle, and make it sit straight instead of bending around the curve of the bumper.

And all comments are welcome, criticism can be a good thing :)

Back