• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

k11 Micra celebration project thread

hello, im back. for a third time :) cant stay away from micras. they are my guilty pleasure :) some might remember me. I had the green sr with the green wheels and the blue ally on superlites, pics....
2hcf1q8.jpg

2ym6gpl.jpg

Anyway i had been out of work for a while so didnt really have the money for a car but i now have a fulltime job and a car was top of my priority list, just hoped it was a micra. so when i got a phone call of my dad saying there was a part ex one coming in his work i couldnt of been happyer.

details:
2000 w reg
micra celebration
blue (same as my old ally)
73,000 miles
M.O.T may
tax the end of june
Got it for a bargain at only £300.00

it has the odd fault, needs a new drivers wing, theres a small clunk on suspension when going over speed bumps, drivers window has colapsed on the inside, still shuts fine just needs a little assistance when closing. in car light doesnt work, probably fuse or bulb and rear screen wash doesnt work.

its all small niggley things really, nothing major at all

plans:
lower it, possibly corsa coilovers
6" superlites
colour coded
3" roll tip exhaust
wind deflectors
tinted lights
black grill
plain number plates

hopefully that should get done by JAE this year which i plan on going to. after that ill be looking into a 1.3 engine dropped in possibley turbo'd if funds allow

pics to follow straight after work tomorrow :)

ok then as promised here is some pics of the micra :) enjoy

rust on the front arch
9gc1fs.jpg

back
2jfyd6d.jpg

front
296fc8.jpg

side, small ding in door
oo1o6.jpg

from front
1zgyjhv.jpg

inside
2j60k5l.jpg

1zggcn9.jpg

engine soon to be cleaned
2cpc6jr.jpg

sorry for dirty car, havnt had a chance to give it a good clean and polish yet due to weather and work. hopefully get it done this weekend. ideas and opinions all welcome :)

yeah im thinking of giving it a good service in a few weeks time, just to be on the save side.

ok im planning on getting some corsa coilovers for the micra. could someone give me an explination of what is required and to be ajusted plaease. thanks :)

If I had a pound for every time somebody has asked that, I'd be able to afford to buy myself a set and write you a guide.

Welcome back steve.

haha, ive looked at loads of blogs on here but cant find any with solid instructions on what holes need adjusted. I was under the impresion it was the bottom bracket on the suspension leg but looking at hooddups ( I think that's his name, cant be bothered to click back ha) he has redrilled the top mount so im a little confused. was also thinking of matiz legs on matt humphries -60mm springs but i don't know if that will have the desired affect of how low im planning on going, plus a set of coilovers is only a little bit more than a set of -60mm springs so ..... decisions decisions.

hoopdub slotted the 2 holes on the topmount in order to use the corsa topmount iirc steve, and the matiz legs have a tapered spring, so k11 springs dont seat properly

oooh thanks frank. it quite far down the list atm, i will worry about it all when i have bought them and have some wheels to go on it. got untill september for jae so no rush really

haha, ive looked at loads of blogs on here but cant find any with solid instructions on what holes need adjusted. I was under the impresion it was the bottom bracket on the suspension leg but looking at hooddups ( I think that's his name, cant be bothered to click back ha) he has redrilled the top mount so im a little confused. was also thinking of matiz legs on matt humphries -60mm springs but i don't know if that will have the desired affect of how low im planning on going, plus a set of coilovers is only a little bit more than a set of -60mm springs so ..... decisions decisions.

My Corsa coilovers on the front have me down about 120mm, and about 140mm+ without the helper springs in. I use the Micra top mount.

Same for the back with my Polo 6n coilovers, aobut 120mm+

Way more than 60mm springs..

just found a website with the tyres i want for the rims i will be getting in the not too distant future. buy one get one free. so a set of four is going to set me back just £87.00. bargain. may buy next pay and store untill i have bought wheels :)

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk

bad news
i wound my window down last night then when i was winding it back up it dropped out of the bracket and and down into the door, luckly it didnt smash. pulled the door card of and put it back but the glue that held it into place is no longer affective. does anyone know how i can get this glue off the window so i can reglue it to the bracket as the weather is getting better by the day and really want to have use of my window lol.
good news.
just got an email of my boss informing me i have had a 50p p/h payrise. more money for goodies for the micra :)

not been on here in a while havn't really had much to share really but i have a pics of the last month or so of Agnus, and a few of her problems also. unfortunatley its going in for its M.O.T on thursday this week so fingers crossed it isnt going to come to a heavy bill. anyway here some pics........

Problems
i have water getting into the boot where the spare wheel goes somehow, i dont know how it is getting there although my rear wash didnt work for ages but as i was trying to squirt it the washer motor was working, i traced the pipes and seen there was water trying to get out so i put a pin in the two nozzles, turns out it was just blocked and works fine now :) but im thinking maybe the water i was trying to spray was forcing its way out somewhere else and into the boot?
24wc875.jpg

need some new brake discs
205aagl.jpg

will it be ard to get this bolt out? snapped anti roll bar
15pk8xt.jpg

wlumx2.jpg

55m979.jpg

Shiny shiny
wash polish window clean andd back to black
qnjyow.jpg

254wyt3.jpg

ev7t05.jpg

vzbuwj.jpg

200a3pl.jpg

2hroi0x.jpg

was filthy in here
rw2ccm.jpg

gave it a good clean and hover inside aswell
5k3tjm.jpg

xerdrk.jpg

started cleaning up the engine bay coming along quite nicely so far
before:
8x3on6.jpg

after:
mbmo2b.jpg

i have a few pics of udates i have done and few parts and that i have put on, going to take pics soon then upload within the next few hours when i can be bothered :)

as promised pics of bits and pieces ive did to agnus

so i needed new tryes all round so got a price of £84.00 for 4 part worn tyres. was speaking to my cousin the same day and he said he had 4 wheels with excellent condition tyres on if i wanted them for £10.00 a wheel so i took them straight off him and saved £44.00. bought some black hammerite and gave them a quick coat to tidy them up a bit
2emq7bs.jpg

got my new areo wipers off ebay and rear wiper too
20a57qt.jpg

34xlwd1.jpg

went to the scrap yard for a expansion tank, unfortunatley they had none but i did walk away with these for £20.00
21l64g7.jpg

2j2w9kh.jpg

ooh and nearly forgot about this, massive crack in my window, the black mark is when i noticed it, its cracked more since then :(
ra8bq0.jpg

Brightened it up Steve..
May need to get a bit of heat to undo that anti roll bar link nut... or a mini angle grinder.
Did you sort the leak?Maybe if it's had a new back light the nasty black gunge they're glued in with may have a gap

I had the same leak problem as you steve. Pull the carpet back from the rear light clusters and stick your head in and check if u can see any light coming through :)

PASSED :) :) second time round, came to £160 altogether, that includes £40.00 for M.O.T, £80.00 to replace full winscreen, cash no VAT added for that. the rest was little niggly bits like ball joints, bolt missing of caliper and other bits and pieces :) so pleased.

oh and the brake light problem was the simple fact i put the bulb in the wrong way:oops: haha

Back