• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants silver si thread

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
my 1998 1.3 si :)

decided to make a seprate blog to this car (even tho all its old progress is in my old blog) this car was used by my mum! was brought by her from a dealer 4years ago costing £2000 (Y) was modded and went through loads of diffrent phases, 5sets of diffrent alloys, 4exhausts, 3sets of lowering springs, 3sets of rearlights, 3diffrent airfilters etc etc....

the car was then sold (as my mum now owns a primera gt) i now have brought it back :p

recent work:
sill repair
new cross member
new brake lines
re-con calipers
new handbrake cable

picked it up tonight.

spec as it standards:

exterior:
modified grills (primera gt style)
color coded washer jets
2001 rear lights
2001 rear wiper motor & arm
team heko wind deflectors (want oem nissan ones)
black headlights
optinal extra fog lights
msc stickers
renualt megane splitter (want a diffrent one)

interior:
2001 silver plastic heater vents
silver centre console
2001 dash pod
rear head rests
pioneer mp3 headunit
nismo carbon gearknob

engine:
green cotten panel filter
honda style wrinkle black rockercover

wheels & suspension
OZ volcano 15" 5 spoke alloy wheels

gonna lower it at the weekend... also got primera gt side skirts (in KLO silver) to cover up sill repair, and an standard backbox with a trim welded on (for now until i go stainless) also want some 2001 door cards with cup holders.

pics asap! its abit dark lol

i forgot how fun micras are...been away far too long :( put a smile on my face as soon as i drove down the road i love it :blush:

good to be back :)

dan

Welcome back mate:) wonder how manychanges your do this time ha ha

Its dan dan the indiscisive man!;)

What about a nice set if coils if you save up, slam that puppy down!

Nice to see you back were you belong at the msc

some pics...will look loads better after weekend :)

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010033.jpg

lol at the wrong size battery...:wasntme:

That is a good looking micra, nice and clean. I think silver is one of the best colours for a micra too. Look forward to the updates

You got White tints ha ha

How many miles has been gained since you sold it?

Looks good mate, just bit more lowering me thinks

Wow, that's the first facelifter I've ever really liked (and I put 107,000 miles on one!) (Y).

cheers everyone (Y) glad to know its liked lol.

car is now lowerd, had to fit 14'' alloys as 15's rubbed on the rear outer arch lips, wheels where to wide & the car quite low at the rear 15's filled the archs spot on tho.

so new wheels (oem 5spoke nissan wheels) & lowerd (40mm)

side skirt fitting hopefully tomorrow.

pics tomorrow.

:)

Them seats are really nice look top with the harnesses aswell. How are you and what's planned Dan for the next step?

I would look nice if you lower it like the burgundy 1.0l you once had!

Micka

Them seats are really nice look top with the harnesses aswell. How are you and what's planned Dan for the next step?

I would look nice if you lower it like the burgundy 1.0l you once had!

Micka

iam good thanks mate, not spoke for a while. i dunno what i want todo next, wouldnt mind a better exhaust but iam not in a rush.

its got the front springs off my old 1.0, got rears sat in my shed (Y) but dunno if i want to fit them atm.

karl mate. i suppose iam not hanging around lol. time is money :p

done some more strippage. lost the carpet, roof liner & all the plastics etc.

kept my spare wheel & jack for some weight over the backend, as it feels to light IMO without the spare (i dont feel safe lol, as back end feels abit more loose) & it comes in handy if i have flat :)

removed a few stickers... still unsure about the ''i love my nissan'' one

also painted my wheels satin black, (put abit of laquer on aswell, look more gloss now)

removing fogs next & fitted standard blankers, also stil need to get my primera gt side skirts on.

P1010064-1.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010061.jpg

Lovely pictures there mate, the micra is light enough as it is without stripping haa. Why dont you move the battery to the boot mate for a bit of weight transfer. Wheels look class too mate good job

I would also get tinted side repeaters, and also do the nissan badges black too, that would suit the theme lovely

:grinning:

i've had black badges n smoked side repators onit before & i didnt like them tbh lol...

also done a battery re-loction before, cba with the hasstle :p

Ahh ritee any pictures from when you done it mate orr ....

Yehh it is a bit of hassle but clears up quite a bit of space in the bay :grinning:

Aii them side repeaters and coloured badge would look real nice on the car as it is now, with the black wheels and standard grill. Try and get a photoshop done mate (Y)

only thing i want to do to the exterior atm is de-bump strip it and fit my side skirts :)

want a cat back exhaust with 4'' backbox aswell (Y)

should hope they do lol, they took me forever to get them to sit right :p

had to cut loads of plastic off on the other side of the skirts!

Keep up the good work! How many sets of wheels you got? Lol

i had 4 sets of alloys at one point lol...been through about 6 or somthing like that not really counted :p

i have the set on the car & another set of standard micra 14'' alloys in anthersite (multispoke optinal extra ones)

Back