• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs Micra Thread

was it easy to tint the lights m8
cas am thinking of doing mine after me MOT on friday :S lol
howd did u leave the reflector showing.. masking tape ?

g2oo8- yup easy, and yeah, i just masked off the reflector. Have a search, there's been a couple of threads lately..

Umm, can't remember about the lights, i took the holder apart and moved around the wires inside it.. I have a couple of spare holders, i'll try again tomorrow maybe and do a guide some time

Sneak peak of the wheels (poor camera phone):

DSC00325.jpg

Suspension and wheels now fitted! Well happy with it :D

Sorry the picture's are a bit poor, but it's wet and cold :p
Center caps look a different colour, they're not, i just put them on after i got home, so they've not got dirty yet..

DSC_0622.jpg

Front wheel:
DSC_0623.jpg

Rear wheel:
DSC_0624.jpg

Gonna need some spacers i think:
DSC_0625.jpg

The back end was super low on the way home with my 15s in the boot, looked awesome!

Had i left the 15s on:
DSC_0629.jpg

Current spec list:

Engine & Transmission
-Custom induction kit
-Breather filter
-Janspeed back box
-Colour coded rocker cover

Brakes
-Standard

Suspension
-50mm springs
-Bilstein shocks

Wheels and Tyres
-Nissan 14” Alloys
-Budget 185/55/14 tyres

Exterior
-Open mouth grill
-Open mouth SR front bumper with black driving lamps
-Black headlights
-Smooth wings
-LED side repeaters in mirrors
-Tinted rear lights
-Debadged, stickered and bumpstripped
-Horizontal rear wiper
-Wind Deflectors
-Colour coded handles

Interior
-Momo gear knob (fitted as standard)
-Modified and colour coded center console to fit headunit
-Colour coded speedo surround

ICE
-Standard 6 speaker setup
-Ripspeed DV-710 headunit
-Games controller with built in games

Still to come
-Whiteline adjustable panhard rod
-10mm spacers for the rear
-NISMO front lip
-SR rear bumper (to be smoothed)
-Lightened flywheel
-Short shift
-Rest of the nismo kit (hopefully...)
-March bootlid/plate holder
-Whiteline ARBs

i like the wheels, i know they are standard k11 ones but they look so diffrent in black with smoothed centre caps. i really like them.

Cheers mate :)
I'm considering a badge or something for the centers though.. Gonna leave it and hope they grow on me though i think!

Car's in today to have the wonky steering wheel sorted and the right panhard rod put on!

Pics should be up later on today if the rain holds off long enough to wash the car:)

Also just ordered a pulsar short shifter, hoping it'l fit ok! :)

Also found myself a Nismo rear lip :D

Hopefully booking into the bodyshop to have them both fitted and my wings resprayed early december :)

They're bad enough to annoy me yeah, they're just so dull in comparison to the rest of the car :( But I can get them to realign the bonnet and stuff cuz i never got it quite right when i did the prefacelift conversion.

Frank, tried that, didn't work!

rob, was that with a very damp cotton cloth, gradually adding more water to thin the G3 down so that it burnishes it at the end ?, (ie, it cuts into the paint when it,s neat, then polishes it as it loses the bite)

it was with a damp cloth that i kept re dampening..

Short shifter and spacers for the rear wheels arrived today, probably won't fit until next week though.

Never had time to clean the car yesterday so I'll do it a bit and get some decent pictures :)

:D thanks mate, always nice to hear! Lol

A few pictures :)

Panhard rod fitted (doubnt it makes a difference, but upside down :( lol):
DSC_0635.jpg

Where it rubs the exhaust if i sit anyone in the backseat :( :
DSC_0636.jpg

Short shifter:
DSC_0633.jpg

Spacers:
DSC_0634.jpg

Looks good mate (Y) Those pictures do it a lot better justice than the ones above :D

Can't wait to get my 50mm lowering springs on now :D
Hows the handling compare to your old setup?

It's amazing the difference using a decent camera makes lol!

Handling is awesome now the trackings sorted, feels a lot more solid through corners etc and not too low for bumps to be a major problem, would highly recommend the kit so far :)

looking awesome mate :D i really like your car, i like how smooth it is

i would recommend smoothing the locks, and the handles if you can

also PLEASE get a super s rear bumper, dont fit that nismo kit to a face lift bumper, it will be like putting a silk tie on a german shepperd

hey.. i have just binned my super S rear bumper and fitted a facelift one...... whats wrong with that?

yearh but yours is a one off made by some legand whos on this fourm :upside:..and his is standard lol its cool to swap a standard bumper for a better standard bumper...your was a standard bumper swapped for a modified bumper...thus making it cool lol

Yup i have a SR bumper waiting in the garage :)
Tints are probably the next thing on the list after the splitters.
Looks and handles are on the list but can't see it happening for a while.. Want it looking how i want, full exhaust system then I'm probably gonna leave it til i can afford to do something enginewise :D

I was prepared to do the shifter myself, but time and uni's an issue at the minute, getting the garage to do it is mostly me being impatient!

Back