• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

me?

i just got an oem mr2 mk2 one secondhand from ebay...which suited my needs, probs wouldnt for how most of you's want to fit your IC's though. :)

That's what I have except I can't fit it as my actuator is in the way, not fussed if you can't see it, element of surprise !!

That's what I have except I can't fit it as my actuaries in the way, not fussed if you can't see it, element of surprise !!

ah right...managed to get mine sitting dead center on the crossmember. Guess it depends how much IC's you need/want, a wing mounted one like on the SR20DET's would fit just about anywhere, but they arent that big. (might ###### your inlet pipe layout without new inlet/outlets being made up)

The inlet and outlet are pointing the wrong way for me, was thinking to cut them off and re weld into position

Would be a hell of a lot easy for me to use a universal one but that cost :) lol

Im getting itchy waiting for this Evo intercooler though, too impatient:blush:

Cleared my garage out today and finished fitting sump and oil return

There was no oil left in the car as the sumps been off for a week dripping all out and obviously washed out the sump too

Went halfords got some 10w40 for £16 and put It in,re checked the level about 10 times lol and started the car and it ran spot on, it started purring at me (Y)

Let her idle for 15 mins and popped my head under , no leaks !!none from sump or turbo feed or return

Well chuffed

Spent the rest of the time using the meguairs 3 stage paint restorer, that stuff is actually amazing!!

Seriously is like polished glass, only had time to do the front bumper but will get some photos tomorrow :)

Far superior to t cut or autoglym by a long long shot!
Cheers all

Are you mapping this without lowering compression?

Yes mate, as long as fuel maps spot on there won't be a problem, kristian had his at 10 psi and made 163 which was fine

I'm not trying to create a missile but 150bhp would be awesome!!

At a later date I may get a better auto block and use a spacer plate but for now the compression will stay the same :)

Ed said she will be fine on that much boost

Even if it's mapped at 5-6 psi it will be a starting point

Just want safe and reliable first (Y)

Got a few pics of this intercooler buddy well two different intercoolers.
PICT0017.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

the longer one is from a citroen cx and the other is from a mk1 uno turbo..

Why!? I'm talking at the fly not whp

Kristians proved that hasn't he with a t2 on stock compression

Pollyp now has that setup which will be up and running soon

Cost Wise mapping is the killer :(

The inlet and outlet are pointing the wrong way for me, was thinking to cut them off and re weld into position

Would be a hell of a lot easy for me to use a universal one but that cost :) lol

saving pennies was the same reason i went with something i could reuse hehe. Cutting and rewelding would be really easy...but may aswell wait for the over intercooler arriving though before you start chopping though :D

Why because it's not a huge turbo?

For what reasons is it 'not what you think'?

If however I said I'm going for 180-200 I could see what your saying

I think my goal isn't far stretched or even pushing it

What you think I'll make??

Got a few pics of this intercooler buddy well two different intercoolers.
PICT0017.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

the longer one is from a citroen cx and the other is from a mk1 uno turbo..

Cheers for the offer dude, I'll wait for the Evo on as it has bigger inlets/outlets I would have thought cheers anyway though mate(Y)

Cant wait for this to be finished :grinning:

Do you have a timescale that you hope to achieve with having everything fitted and mapped?

Cheers mate, well all being well I need the following

Intercooler and piping (free)

S13 afm and filter (got to pick up)

255lph fuel pump (£50)

Sr20det injector (free)

Sr20de fuel rail of some sort to get adjusted to suit cg13 spacing

Clutch (helix) or something stronger

Then if to fusion to be mapped (Y)

Once all the bits are fitted it's a matter of getting the money for mapping

That may be the long waiting time :(

im sure the wait will be worth it mate :) trust me im egar to put in my 1.3 i know it wont make much difference unlike what your doing it will still be amazing lol

Im still to find a march for sale on GT5 :(

Do you find the back of the car bouncy being that low? Had mine as low as i could get it (for fun) and it was annoying (looked great though lol)...so its back up a little bit. Hard to say where mine is in relation to your ride height as i dont even know where the original arch used to be any more lol.

still can't believe how awesome the car looks mate.. hopefully when mine is finished it would look half as good as this one :wasntme:

Im still to find a march for sale on GT5 :(

Do you find the back of the car bouncy being that low? Had mine as low as i could get it (for fun) and it was annoying (looked great though lol)...so its back up a little bit. Hard to say where mine is in relation to your ride height as i dont even know where the original arch used to be any more lol.

to be honest its solid but that kinda goes with the whole feel of the car

shes gotta be low, the lower the better, scraping like hell on the back, really need the arch roller now

cant really go much lower, well technically i can but im gonna struggle around town!!lol

whats your ps3 name, i have a spare march il send you :blush:

cheers for the comments guys, much appreciated :p

to be honest its solid but that kinda goes with the whole feel of the car

shes gotta be low, the lower the better, scraping like hell on the back, really need the arch roller now

cant really go much lower, well technically i can but im gonna struggle around town!!lol

I get where you're coming from lol. Im not convinced the D2's were supposed to as low as i had them :D ...im only a cm or so higher, but you can tell the difference... Sounds nicer coming off the speed bumps. haha.

Hi all I've been cleaning the bay with some gunk this evening

Amazing how much stuff comes off! If you keep attacking it with a paint brush so can actually get the block shiner again (Y)

Trying to borrow a jet wash as well for the weekend to finish it all

Finished fitting my fpr, all is well :)

Set it to 4 bar and no fires, burst hoses or the like

It does however feel more 'responsive' on the throttle though!!

Little problem I have is this

Went for a spin round block after fitting fpr and front strut and handles like a dream

No body roll, no boatyness no comfort !! Lol

But and a big BUT, I have some issues

- down pipe is resting on the front arb and making a racket, gonna have to either lift the lot up towards the floor or remove arb??

More importantly my cat/decat is less than 1 inch from the floor, if there is even a slight gradient issue or curve In the road it's sparky spark time!!!

What are my options?

Is it possible to bring the mushroom hangers which hold the exhaust to the floor higher up?

Can I do away with the rubber hangers and push the exhaust up so both hangers from the cat and floor pan are connected and do away with the rubbers all together??

Car drives fine sounds funking mental but I've got serious arch rubbing from the rear, a downpipe causing my teeth to rattle and scraping from the cat :down:

Help a bruvva out

3f53e326.jpg

0ed64122.jpg

I presumme so mate, the legs are at the lowest point ie it's an upside down U

If I turn it the other way it will hand lowering think

The car is just ridiculously low Frank And I need some sort of way to heightening it...??

Need some more legs welded on to the chassis and exhaust to lift if higher I think :eek:

going by a pic in the haynes it should be fitted as an M shape eh martin :grinning: if not, how about shorter rubbers ? (but its a pretty tight fit for a 40+mm pipe to go over the a/r/b but also clear the floor too tho eh)

Hang on, is the rubber on in the first pic on????

Might go and check it again in a mo

It never use to rub on the old car and the cat hasn't changed positions?

Yeah pretty sure it's as the Haynes says, don't really wanna heightened the car

Imma check in get back to you in 15 :)

you should have about 10mm clearance between the a/r/b and the bottom of the pipe, and about 10mm between the top of the pipe and the floor, so i doubt if you will be able to lift it much tbh mate :eek:

right got some pics, seems to be alot of clearance for the cat to go higher, any suggestions

like you say could try smaller rubbers?

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

what ya think matey?(Y)

28e64ecb.jpg

^^^Absolute LEG!!

Desperately need to get my rear end sorted! Keep it up Martin, looks like your putting in the hours on this one (Y)

first thing in the morning i will clean that intercooler buddy wrap it up then go from there.. :grinning: will i need to put an address on it do you know? presuming it's the smaller one of the two with the rubber pipes on :p

Hi mate, nah long one please bud I have to fit the intercooler underneath my actuator and there's as much room as a cd case (all I had to measure it!!

I've given up the damn cat!! It appears I didn't line the downpipe at the right angle so the rest of the exhaust is sagging

Great I thought easy fix, loosened downpipe nuts re_aligned, looosened all exhaust nuts on cat,wedged exhaust to were I need it, wedged downpipe into position

Perfect, then I did the downpipe nuts up and the Finley started moving back

Arb will have to come of, just can't pick the cat up enough without re weldeing new mounts grr

Tempted to put a straight pipe there but don't want to ruin franks awesome work!!

I guess being this low cones at a price

And the price at the mo is it can't be driven without the fear of ripping the whole exhaust off

Decision... Decisions

Side exit lol

Big thanks to syko and noddie for afm wiring :p

took some pictures of the intercooler today. I'll put them on tommorow :p theres a short length of intercooler pipe ill send with the courier on monday. :wasntme:

If I loosen the downpipe bolts and twist the downpipe it lifts the exhaust up and clears the arb, as soon as i bolt it to the decat it moves back grr

Frank designed it to clear the arb it just needs fitting better by myself

I could clamp it stani but don't wanna start creating a hole where it's rubs when the exhaust moves under load from the engine

Cheers for sorting that syko, top man :)

At work at the mo but scopez is over in the morning for some car time and some groupie photos :)

If I loosen the downpipe bolts and twist the downpipe it lifts the exhaust up and clears the arb, as soon as i bolt it to the decat it moves back grr

Frank designed it to clear the arb it just needs fitting better by myself

you could try that flange 180 deg turned maybe martin ? because i did trial fit it tbh (had to nick the cat rubbers from my misses,s car to test it lol)

Back