• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mark's 1.0LX

Recently added to my collection of different shaped knobs.

DSCF2015.jpg

Not sure really. I think that the lighter fluid just burnt slowly, rather than evapourating and exploding. Prehaps I just didn't have enough in there. I'll have to give it a try with something else, maybe the easystart or prehaps the butane mix in my blow torch.

i cant see the pics cos im at work, but i assume you blowing a tyre on?

if so try this ive never failed with it

parts needed
cheap A55 deodrant,
blow torch is best but lighter will do

light the blowtorch,

spray about 3 seconds worth of deodrent in the tyre, pull the can back a foot ot so still spraying and put the blow torch infront of the trye, it will light the spray, and boom tyre on.

Hairspray works every time I tried it, stand back and don't wear shorts!!

Spray inside the tyre not just the bead, takes 5 seconds per tyre,

Then light the hairspray like flame thrower with lighter :)

Total cost ....... = Free!! Just don't tell the missus you stole it !!

Pop!

DSCF2097.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

DSCF2095.jpg

No video, just thought I'd have a quick go at lunchtime, and pop on it went. I think I might have been using too much fuel, and driving out the oxygen....or something. I also sat the wheel on another tyre, so that might have helped seal the bottom.

Yeah, its kinda fun, but there's no way I actually have the balls to run with that much stretch on a daily basis. Thats the 165/55's on an 8" on the back. So now I'm thinking, as I have before that the only real way forward is to run with the 7's on the back and a pair of 6's on the front, with either 145/60s with comparable stretch to the rear or unstretched 165/55s which will look a bit pants but will probably be better for the driving experience!

This week I have mainly been thinking about tyres. 165/55s to be precise.

L-R 8", 7", 6"
DSCF2173.jpg

From the other end,
DSCF2174.jpg

I'm committed to going with 165/55s at both ends now, rather than those on the 7's and 145/60's on the 6's. The load rating of the 145's available is a bit iffy really.

I'll still have to put up with having the bit of stretch / no stretch at all difference front to rear this way, but working at the lowliest budget end of the modding spectrum compromises have to be made.

DSCF2175.jpg

I'm booked in my friendly local tyre shop for a pair of 165's for the front tomorrow afternoon. the 7's have part worns on already so I need to pull my finger out and do some machining to get them on properly.

Looking good mate (Y)

Know the feeling of low budget mods, look how much you've achieved though rather than what you can't have

I'm sure a little trip to franks and a drink (monies) and some negative camber is possible front and back to get em "hella flush" drop her a little and roll the arches and it will be where you want it :):p(Y)

Keep it up sir

The wheels are Wolfrace, known as Slot Mags. Usually seen fully polished on hot rod/street machine type cars and Often seen on 70's fords.
I have 5x 6" wide ones, these were originally 4x120 and have been re drilled to 4x100 between the original stud holes - These are the ones on my car plus that spare one that I chucked a scrap 165 on to see what it looked like. I also have a pair of 7" wide in 4x4", and the pair of 8" that were originally 4x108, which I've drilled to 4x100 (see further back in my blog). I bought the pairs because they turned up at the right price. I had hoped that the 8"s were a high enough ofset to fit a bit better on the rear, while waiting for the 7's to crop up.
Unfortunately all the wheels are made with the same back space, so each increase in width pushes them an inch further out.
If only I had a another pair of 7's, There wouldn't be any problem, 165/55s with a nice subtle stretch all round. Lovely.

I got some spigots made for the 7's, they are on with the nice looking 165/55s on the back. I've also get some nice new 165/55s on the 6's on the front.

I've made a bad choice and don't like it.

On the way home, this is the wide side, where the panhard rod has shifted the axle over.

DSCF2238.jpg

The other side, this has a 10mm spacer, to even up the gaps, but its has nothing like as much poke as the other side. They will fit nicely when I re-centre the axle.

DSCF2240.jpg

I don't like the difference in the look of the tyres front to rear.

I don't even think its that much better than when it had the 155/70's! Though it does now need a bit more drop to loose the arch gap again.

The pic of it in the dark looks better. Im not taking the #### here btw, in those two pics the wheels look different to me... :S

Slam it if you can, then see what i looks like (temp remove the spings?), might make all the difference to how you feel about it :)

2rh79et.jpg

From the RR awards night yesterday evening. I've spaced the front wheels 10mm, its amazing what a difference it's made in the flesh. I like it again now. But still very much need another pair of 7's. I didn't take any pics, but if you want to have a look there's some here.

I just need to loose some more of that arch gap and I shall be a very happy boy again. Prehaps my wife, mother-in-law and parents would like to get together and buy me some corsa coilies for my Birthday.

Corsa b ftw !! I paid 114 delivered :p

I'm only half way down on front!! They Could go another 50mm or so if I fancied it!!(Y)

Pm me for chat marky boy :)

The rear arch lips got a ghetto rolling in the week, just to lift the lip slightly (its at about 45 degrees now) and only rubs very occasionally on the wide side. I got dimensions for the eccentric bushes from frank, but have no way to drill a 17mm hole at the moment.

I've got a lead on these. 7x13 unbranded slots.

P1010014.jpg

Not Wolfrace but simmilar. The slots are quite a different shape, but painted black would anybody notice? Simmilar enough to run this pair at the front?

Well I probably wouldn't notice unless somebody pointed it out. i'd notice the redrilling more i think. will be great to see it done.

Probs wouldnt stand out that much, if at all. Ive scrolled up and down the page a few times between the images and nothing jumps out at me as them being overly different.

Might be different in person though :S

Lolz! Thanks

Theres plenty round here far more deserving of that accolade. After all bar the mirrors and sillieness it is just wheels and a drop - hardly groundbreaking stuff.

Lolz! Thanks

Theres plenty round here far more deserving of that accolade. After all bar the mirrors and sillieness it is just wheels and a drop - hardly groundbreaking stuff.

to be honest, it's not so much to do with what you've got (which is- as previously mentioned, amazing), but more to do with how you've done stuff.... I am in awe (Y)

This thread is great, this is what modding is all about, making your own DIY bits and experimenting, good stuff. :)

It's a shame you crashed it though, but at least you're ok...

Hopefully the chassis isn't twisted and you'll be able to fix it up, but if this one is beyond repair, there are plenty more Micra's out there! ;)

Opps... I've just went through the thread and I noticed that actually you added it yourself :eek:

Sorry :blush:

Back