• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mark's 1.0LX

pita? whats that (not so very good in my englisch) but it is a easy job i know did mount a new rear axel on my car its about 2 dam bolts that are rusty (in the most time's)

Pain In The Ass

Yeah, I know its a nut at one end and nut and bolt at the other, that haven't been undone for nearly 20 years!

yeh funny have had a cool selection
but only serviced them(minor servicing) never moded any--oh took the limiter out the bmw,it was only the rotor arm limiting the revs
thanks .

Mark, get your name on the JAE list, you have to bring this car (Y)

Unique Modification award anyone lol?!?!

I would really like to but I will have to have a talk with the missus. I can proably get up for the sunday. Is it possible to get a stand pass without pre-ordering a ticket? (And buying a ticket on the day)

Just more photos of my car from RRG10. (Much more nicely taken than mine)

4878001627_9255e624d7_b.jpg

4878610784_d9e5e639fc_b.jpg

4878001351_7c139b99ed_b.jpg

4878001239_11729c95b2_b.jpg

4878001159_bfeb674522_b.jpg

4878610128_3813b50218_b.jpg

The rest of RSM's photos are in their flickr gallery.

####### front indicators stopped working. I tested them last night and used them on the way to the test! They were fine, it failed on both, but the nearside is working driving out of the garrage. I'll have to clean up the holders.

It also failed on the nearside rear spring not being located, so it looks like one of my straps was not tight enough - the other side is fine. He was happy with the modified springs, and the wiring into the cups on the struts, he was also fine with the tie straps, I've just got to make them a bit tighter.

I'm really annoyed that it could so easily have passed. I put two CV joints on it earlier in the week and thought I had checked everything out, I didn't think to check the straps again because they worked when fitted recently. I'm lost for words about the indicators.

Oh well I'll sort it after the kids are in bed tonight and get it back to them first thing - hopefully they'll get it on the ramps first.

I had a similar problem with one of my headlights on the LX's last MOT, didnt work first time round, cleaned up connections and passed (other then the welding that had to be done:doh:). Clean up those connections and we'l keep our fingers crossed(Y)

My mother-in-law's first facelift more-door is sat out the front at the mo, so I thought I'd do some measuring. I measured top of the arch to the ground on mine and my mums and got pretty much 60mm difference at both ends, we are both on the same diameter wheels and same size tyres.

Mum-in-laws, Front 605mm Rear 61omm

Mine, Front 545mm, Rear 550mm. My fuel tank is as good as empty so I would expect a bit of a drop when full. I do however clearly need to be closer to the ground.

DSCF1358.jpg

DSCF1357.jpg

Stuff em, your car looks awesome! I love the trap lip too!
After all, they drive plastic pigs like Scimitars. My dad used to work on them, and he absolutely depises them.
I think I'm needing a Micra again!

OMG how much do i NOT want to know anyone on that forum lol.

Those pics are awesome most original mod award for everything on this car i say the splitter, mirrors, rims, shifter all epic. (Y)

Yeah its a home brew Welly, the finest quality 4mm MDF. Its off for the winter now, mainly because there aren't any more shows - it would have gone back on if I had managed to get to JAE, It also clobbers the speedbumps into work so leaving it off is easier than fixing it back on every weekend.

The chin spoiler went back on last night, I took it along to the Suped-up-Sunday Goodwood Breakfast Club this morning so decided to get it looking silly again, to go with the new exhaust appendage.

DSCF1541.jpg

DSCF1540.jpg

DSCF1539.jpg

I'll have to see how the chin spoiler fairs in the wet weather, it's likely to just swell up like a sponge. I might get a sheet of polycarbonate or simmilar to make something a bit more durable.

love what you've done with this car everything
chin spoiler slightly turned upwards on the re-do pleease if not it still worth keeping on

Liking the uniqueness of this mark, I did like it more before the bozosuko influence mind you, but it's still looking good(Y).

Exhaust is still a bit too wild for my taste:eek: Have you got anything planned for daily-driving? Would like to see a few more attempts at some more discreet, maybe something more horizontal running along the rear bumper? Either way, keep it up n keep the mods coming.

_mg_3149.jpg

That chap seems to think my audio install is funny.

Whats so wrong about a pair of household speakers behind the seats :p

There were plenty of bemused comments heard about my other mods. Quite a few good ones too.

your micra is awesome! i was told about it by a friend who saw it at goodwood brekkie club, i nearly made it in mine but was lowering it that day :) am new to the site, any local meets round here, i see im only down the road from you!?

Cheers micrat. I meet with some of the guys from Retro-Rides at the Maypole in Yapton on the first wednesday of the month. The RR thread is here.

We could always organise a run up from the coast to meet up with the croydon contingent too.

ah cool thanks :) will sign up on the r-r forum, only got the internet installed yesterday in the new place :) hope to see ya soon! have to give this weds a miss tho, signed off with pneumonia! :down:

Good to see ya Mike, get some wide wheels on ya K10!

Whoops. It would appear I crossed the speed bump into work a little too enthusiastically this morning.

Photo0027.jpg

Oh well I suppose I have to make it out of some more suitable material now.

We could always organise a run up from the coast to meet up with the croydon contingent too.
Be good to see you,We were discussing a run to the South coast to visit you guys on our little meet recently..my car is in temporary hibernation due to work related commitments at the mo & Marty is still plugging away turning his into a road-going vehicle but which ever way we do it we must organise a bigger group meeting some time.Pencil something in over Xmas maybe?Give us some time to sort our lives out ;)

Be good to see you,We were discussing a run to the South coast to visit you guys on our little meet recently..my car is in temporary hibernation due to work related commitments at the mo & Marty is still plugging away turning his into a road-going vehicle but which ever way we do it we must organise a bigger group meeting some time.Pencil something in over Xmas maybe?Give us some time to sort our lives out ;)
sounds good to me

Sevens

DSCF1858.jpg

DSCF1857.jpg

DSCF1856.jpg

Unfortunately, I only have a pair.

The emerging plan is to have the 7's on the back, with a pair of 6's on the front with 145/60 tyres, which will give an overall diameter about the same and hopefully a fairly even stretch compared to the 165/55's on the 7's. Prehaps when I'm feeling really silly I could rock the 8's on the back with 175/50's or mad stretched 165/55s and have the sevens on the front :p

Beaten to being the first by Mr Blobbletec from this manor, but today I turned this,

DSCF2012.jpg

into this,

DSCF2013.jpg

Using a LHD LH Tail lamp to delete the reverse lamp.

I'm not a huge fan of single colour lamps, so i like the way that this has kept the indicators orange but this tidies up the rear nicely while still keeping it looking OEM. A shame there is a slight colour difference but It's better than it could have been. At some point I'll wire the fog lights up together.

Looks awesome! hope mine looks as nicely matched as yours. you can't really tell any difference. any thoughts on what your gonna do for a reverse lamp?

Looks awesome! hope mine looks as nicely matched as yours. you can't really tell any difference. any thoughts on what your gonna do for a reverse lamp?

Keep my fingers crossed and hope no one drives into me while i'm reversing, or no pedestrian steps out in front of me. Its not an MOT testable item, but I't might be a construction and use requirement. If I do decide to have one it'll be very slim and just under the bumper, set back a bit so it cant be seen when not on.

Keep my fingers crossed and hope no one drives into me while i'm reversing, or no pedestrian steps out in front of me. Its not an MOT testable item, but I't might be a construction and use requirement. If I do decide to have one it'll be very slim and just under the bumper, set back a bit so it cant be seen when not on.

That's cool so you might get away with it then :)
when are you available for me to come and get mine? please pm me your address or a meeting place. ready whenever you are :)
Can even make it this evening if you wanted?

Back