• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Little DUP :)

Hey, I'm Tash and my first ever car was a GREEN Micra.
I got bored of it so I sold it for a VW Polo a year ago.
Literally hated my Polo so I've now gone straight back to a Micra.

My Old Micra (THE GREEN MACHINE)
15.jpg
mic2.jpg
mic3.jpg
mic5.jpg
mic4.jpg
mic1.jpg
bump.jpg
(POOR BABY!)
My new Micra is totally standard..ALOT needs to be done to it.
Bought it yesterday from South Yorkshire (4 1/2 hours away from where I live! :eek: )
I have quite a bit of spare cash so I will start soon :)
My New Micra (LITTLE DUP)
DUP07052012.jpg
DUP207052012.jpg
DUP307052012.jpg
Free:
Paint all chrome black (I HATE CHROME!! :mad: )
Paint front and back Nissan badges black and green
De-Logo (micra & Si)
Remove fogs (maybe :confused: )
Put in my CD player
Hopfully a set of Subaru Impreza bucket seats (if they fit!?)
Not so free:
Wheels (not 100% sure what ones yet)
CD/DVD fold-out screen
Coilovers OR Lowering springs
Front and rear bumpers re-sprayed
Pressed plates
Few stickers ;)
K&N induction kit
Back box
There is quite alot I want to do...
Can't wait to start :D
Some of the Micras on this forum are so sweeeeet..
Hope my Little DUP can keep up ;)
Thanks <3

Boom, get it on the coilies :)

Looking very clean, no dings? :eek:

There are scratches on the front and back bumpers that some PRAT has tryed to paint over in a totally different colour green!! :mad:
Getting them re-sprayed asap..
Coilies are soooo expencive seen as I only payed £600 for the car I can't bring myself to spend the same amount on coilovers :(

Welcome :) car looks good, im not going into to detail about it but corsa b coilovers fit with some modding invovled for good lows. Look into it :) or maybe try matiz struts n springs thats what ill be on soon. Hope this helps

Welcome :) car looks good, im not going into to detail about it but corsa b coilovers fit with some modding invovled for good lows. Look into it :) or maybe try matiz struts n springs thats what ill be on soon. Hope this helps

Lots of people are talking about the corsa b coilies...Thank yooou :D

Once the cars lowered your wheels painted black would look good..
& you might want to save your ££ on the K&N,they don't do much to make you go faster & there's cheaper options..1.6 Almera box is one.
& Welcome :)

Welcome... finally some more South Walians!... Love these little green beasts, they look amazing!

A few questions for you... are the pressed plates legal? I thought they had to be plastic, like do the metal ones reflect in the sameway? Heard ANPR can't read them so it's a pull as soon as a copper sees you...

Also, can I have first refusal on your fogs if you get rid?

Can't wait to see where you go with this...

Welcome... finally some more South Walians!... Love these little green beasts, they look amazing!

A few questions for you... are the pressed plates legal? I thought they had to be plastic, like do the metal ones reflect in the sameway? Heard ANPR can't read them so it's a pull as soon as a copper sees you...

Yeah the pressed plates are legal..here is the link on ebay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170834239880?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 it's £30 for two but they look so damn smart it's totally worth it!!
And yeah if i decide to take them out I will contact you :D

odd_ball said:

I've had pressed plates for months and the ANPR machines at the local multi storey car parks have no problem.

So long as they're white/black and yellow/black with the correct font and spacing they're totally legal.

Yeah, I think I'll get me a set... How best is it to attach them? Also, on Tashy's old Micra she appears to have a frame around her plates, look like it says Nissan on it? Where can you get these?

Also, did the plates on that Micra have a black edge or anything on them?

odd_ball said:
Yeah, I think I'll get me a set... How best is it to attach them? Also, on Tashy's old Micra she appears to have a frame around her plates, look like it says Nissan on it? Where can you get these?

I used Halfords number plate tape, like 3quid each

Can get surrounds on ebay...seriously ebay is the modifiers heaven on earth!!
I get EVERYTHING on ebay! :D

Wen't to Japfest yesterday for the 3rd year...enjoyed my day so much!!
Seen Project Mikey which made me want to start my project ASAP!
I only bought some stickers yesterday...put them on last night (couldn't help myself! :D)

DSCF2671.jpg

DSCF2672.jpg
DSCF2674.jpg
Took a few pictures of the scuffs that someone has tried to paint over.....
Pisses me off LOL :confused:
DSCF2683.jpg
DSCF2679.jpg
DSCF2678.jpg
Needs to be sorted out ASAP :(
But altogether I am very happy with my new Little Dup! Getting it booked into my local garage to sort the awful tracking out, also ordering Corsa B Coilovers tomorrow for it which I can't wait to have a fiddle with!! :D
Next thing will have to be the wheels, Pressed Plates and a new Gear Knob...think I've decided on Black & Green Banded Steels.
Little Dup (13/05/2012)
DSCF2685.jpg
DSCF2676.jpg

DSCF2677.jpg

Feelin' the leopard print ;)

Black and green banded steels? Black centres with a green lip? Would look smexy

Aw that is my dog's seat LOL...He's a hairy little bugger :p
Yeah I buy them black and paint my own green lip...Only thing is they cost about £300 which I don't have at the moment, I would have it if I wasn't going to Download Festival but my first passion calls :D

Haha, I have some friends that are members of a local VW club that would be very interested to hear that you swapped a Polo for another Micra! :D

It's a wonderful colour, I always look at green Micras with envy. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

I probably don't need to ask, do you get your cute decals on eBay too? (Mr Pedobear is a fun feature too ;) )

Haha, I have some friends that are members of a local VW club that would be very interested to hear that you swapped a Polo for another Micra! :D

It's a wonderful colour, I always look at green Micras with envy. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

I probably don't need to ask, do you get your cute decals on eBay too? (Mr Pedobear is a fun feature too ;) )

Nooo i actually got them from Japfest ^_^

i know strange that, was booked at margam then changed, must have had a falling out there. camarthen show ground is a lot flatter for camping though :D and low car friendly

i know strange that, was booked at margam then changed, must have had a falling out there. camarthen show ground is a lot flatter for camping though :D and low car friendly

Aww yeah feeling that! But I don't think I can afford it, will have to see when the time comes :p It's such a laid-back car show..I love it..Totally different atmosphere to things like Japfest.

Update...Not really been doing much. I'm total skinters! I did have money saved for my coilovers but due to my insurence being more than I expected I no longer have that money :( Sad times!​
Today seen as the weather in South Wales was so bloody beautiful I decided to give my car it's first clean since I've owned it :D Also de-badged it in the back. Could have done a better job but I was hungover! (thats my story and I'm sticking to it ;) )​
Also took it to get the tracking done...Thank god!! No more wheel wobble for Little DUP :)
Photo0509.jpg
Photo0510.jpg
Photo0511.jpg
Really don't know when I will be doing major stuff to this..Definatly not before Download Festival o_O

Back