• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mark's 1.0L

I finally got round to fitting the Suprascope panoramic safety mirror that I picked up at an autojumble in the spring. I made a few brackets that fit to the oem mirror mount, and each of the outer sun visior screws. It'll probably get a couple of stickers at some point.

I bought a pair of spax adjustable shocks the other day, when I happened across them for cheaps on ebay. They were post mount at both ends so would need modding to fit.

Today was to be the day to find out what needed doing, so I removed the tired oem shocks, to find that I had been very much on the bumpstops fo the past few months. When I dropped it into the wheels it sat a good bit lower without the shocks in and would need some arch work and less spacing to get some tyre clearance back. So on with the shocks, these turned out to be a bit short to just weld an eye for a bush to, so I decided to cut 70mm off the oem shock body, and extend the shock too, all of which makes much more sense with this pic..

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Welding to the spax shock was done in small bursts, with a bucket of water to hand to quench the shock and prevent the heat building up too much.

This afternoon it looks like this, measured to the sill it's about 5mm lower at the rear, - so I suppose I should wind the front down a little. And as a bonus I also have a bit of suspension travel at the back!

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Last edited:
It's a bit odd, and feels too close to my eyes at the moment, but I'm sure that I'll get used to it- every time I get in at the moment my first thought is "put the sun visor up".

Haahaa love it :) not sure if it will reflect my interior to much and be a little annoying :)

I'll try pick up a cheap one and have a play :) xx

Papped at RRG15

I managed to get all four wheels refurbed, though the off side are not nearly as good. I refured the shelf with red and sid the dash insert and dash pod to match. I've also fitted some red harnesses inside to keep the colour theme going.

Plenty of alternate angles up there, I've been meaning to do some pics, but have been distracted by the gearbag being borked, and just not getting time and sunshine coinciding.

Most of them have been on my instagram too, but be my guest, I took a couple more nice ones this morning that I'll stick up in a bit.

I did a bit of "proper" work on it over the weekend too, the panhard rod shift has been "corrected" on both cars with a spacer on the near side. I always meant to sort that situation out sooner but finally got round to measuring up, cutting and rewelding on Saturday evening. Using the emergency jack between the wheel and body made it really easy to get the axle in line.

273SRY8.jpg

GRdEQrC.jpg

Almost the same gap with the narrow side unspaced, but negative on one side and positive on the other. 8mm to be removed.

naM2hXO.jpg

siRO4A8.jpg

DsubMKM.jpg

I didn't get a final pic of it joined together because the cold made the battery in my phone expire.

The adjustment got both lips pretty much flush with the arch, so a 4mm spacer was added to give a little poke, but retaining the slight increase in clearance I needed on the wide side to stop the tyre touching the arch.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot that image coding doesn't work on here, I'll go through and add proper image tags when i'm on a computer later.

I've also made a couple more headlamp covers, a plain and striped one as before, to replace ones broken in the garage over the winter. I also made an extra one for the offside with a shooting star cut out lasered.

E5K4bht.jpg

igKa29v.jpg

VQ7nEYF.jpg

Last edited:
Things happening....

IcM9YPI.jpg

Basic plan is to weld up the manifold, and exhaust outlet so that it joins the stock system at the manifold cat - for ease of bolt on/off ability. There is an oil supply handily designed into the cg head at the left hand end of the exhaust manifold - current oil return thought is down the dipstick tube :)

Intake side there will be a Citroen Xsara Picasso intercooler which will mount vertically alongside the rad. I'm still trying to gather intake pipe and elbows and the like to connect up - without having to buy new - god silicone elbows and such are expensive!

Initially I just want to get it plumbed, running a tiny amount of pressure. The ECU has the ability to manage a small ammount of pressure but soon runs out of scope in the stock un-modifiable map.

Thoughts to progress will be a retardation of the static timing, so that it just about ticks over and a fifth injector plumbed into a mounting plate between the throttle body and inlet manifold. I'll be making a PIC circuit to control this, using a pressure sensor, but with programming that could also read the voltage from the Lambda, that could increase the signal to the injector if the boost is measured and the lambda signal is consistently lean.

Thoughts and further education welcome - I'm on a very steep learning curve!
[/quote]

Phase one of the turbo manifold is done, just need some money in my paypal to buy a gasket set for easy templates to make the turbo flanges and get them positioned and joined on too.

agBgGhf.jpg

5V7ljKG.jpg

U0DLLbR.jpg

I suppose I should update this, as of Saturday I don't own this car any more, it has moved on to a new keeper. They sound massively enthusiastic about keeping it up together and have mentioned carrying on with the inside and the turbo. It seems to have gone to a good home.

I suppose I should update this, as of Saturday I don't own this car any more, it has moved on to a new keeper. They sound massively enthusiastic about keeping it up together and have mentioned carrying on with the inside and the turbo. It seems to have gone to a good home.
I like this but I don't like this :(.
A real shame but I understand why it had to be done. Stick around, your incredible knowledge of wheels and generally funny comments would be greatly missed

They sound massively enthusiastic about keeping it up .

everyone are enthusiastic during buying car, which can win a prizes at car meets. Not like it, seriously, two of my mates did the same thing, still crying two years after that....

http://ultime.pl/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/14558137883_d946e10655_k.jpg

it was hard to me too, because I've made whole engine bay patching for clean look, chopped rollbar, because it was from non-sunroof hatchback... :(
good times, good memories... but overall, everyones crying :D

I can understand you need another car, but its always sad to see selling a personalised vechicle like this one.
best wishes Mark!

hi there. i am the new owner of the k11.i will be starting a new thread on the progress on the car.just want to say a massive thanks to mark for all the effort that has gone into the car already,and all the advice he has passed on.i have some quite big plans for the interior and i have one of the founder members of the original TURBO TECHNICS team to help with that side of things.rest assured this has gone to the hands of an enthusiast in the motor racing industry so just hope i can compliment marks massive input..cheers julian

hi there. i am the new owner of the k11.i will be starting a new thread on the progress on the car.just want to say a massive thanks to mark for all the effort that has gone into the car already,and all the advice he has passed on.i have some quite big plans for the interior and i have one of the founder members of the original TURBO TECHNICS team to help with that side of things.rest assured this has gone to the hands of an enthusiast in the motor racing industry so just hope i can compliment marks massive input..cheers julian

Epic!

Back