• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

joesouthgate's Red Micra SR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitted a Sony Remote commander this evening:
0087.jpg

Fitted with silicone rubber as there was no baseplate:
0088.jpg

Had a brand new set of Firestone 165/65/13s fitted today and tracking done so she is driving nicely now, and my towbar has just arrived :)

wooot rotary commanders for the win :D i have one in every car! but you should have said you were fitting it, i think i have a spare base plate somewhere, either in England or here somewhere.

towbar.....?
Yep towbar...for towing lol

wooot rotary commanders for the win :D i have one in every car! but you should have said you were fitting it, i think i have a spare base plate somewhere, either in England or here somewhere.
Worked alright like this mate cheers :)

Looking good mate, loving the tow sticker, mine's even more tongue-in-cheek:

http://i.imgur.com/x4OTn.jpg

:D
Love it! I can get one for the rear aswell now lol

Cause I have a trailer to tow. And because if anyone decides to drive into the back off me they have a smashed to #### bumper, mine looks exactly the same lol

Fair enough..... reminds ms of when I reversed into my mums neighbors car, she has a tow hook thankfully no damage to either car

now thats an interesting towbar mount, did you actually have to drill holes into the spare wheel recess to make that work? is there a support bar inside the car as well? where do the other bits attach are they on the chassis legs?

lol at the towbar guide, "we hope you enjoy towing with the strength of anker" which (considering its not actually attached to any structural part of the car) is probably not that much!

still looking good, i wonder if the reason you didn't need to cut the bumper was anything to do with it being a super s bumper?

speaking of which, i decided to check out how the red car was doing, and i am so shocked by the state of my wiring that i am going to fully strip the car, which may include redoing the towbar and all its electrics (which were wired into the amp wiring for power!)

lol at the towbar guide, "we hope you enjoy towing with the strength of anker" which (considering its not actually attached to any structural part of the car) is probably not that much!

still looking good, i wonder if the reason you didn't need to cut the bumper was anything to do with it being a super s bumper?

speaking of which, i decided to check out how the red car was doing, and i am so shocked by the state of my wiring that i am going to fully strip the car, which may include redoing the towbar and all its electrics (which were wired into the amp wiring for power!)

Don't think so as the super s bumper is deeper. I think they get you to cut it so you can bolt it up easier, but it is a lot simpler to remove the bumper!

i suppose someone as smart as you *hint* *hint* could replace the towball rising bit with a bit of steel tube that a swan neck towbar attaches to, then you could just pull a spring loaded bolt and remove the towbar so its invisible until you are ready to tow

Fitted a nismo badge in place of the nissan one:
0098.jpg

0099.jpg

Fitted colour coded door handles to replace the knackered old ones:
0100.jpg

0101.jpg

And Fitted clear side repeaters:
0102.jpg

0103.jpg

0104.jpg

0105.jpg

looking good mate - how did you re-fit the door handles, it confuses me how they come apart from the mechanism inside, and how they're supposed to re-attach...

When you take the two bolts out pull the handle and the rod attached to it out, on refitting theres a round plastic part of the door mechanism that the rod slips inside. Before taking apart have a look and youll see what im taking about

yeah the door handle is easy. i swapped mine recently as mine was cracked. be careful not to make the mistake i made and get a 5 door drivers handle as it is in fact slightly different to the 3 door. lol

Brakes sound a bit knackered on the car so I have ordered some Brembo front discs and pads :)

Went to have the rear window tinted today:
0109.jpg

Done:
0110.jpg

Will take some better pics sometime.

Thanks to Stuart from Protint UK, he's tinted all my cars now and I would highly recommend him :)

liking this car alot mate,

tht splitter is good but would that mean the leguna splitter would fit to if the megane one does. , as from owning a megane i kno the leguna one fits tht.

Well I haven't had much time for the car over the last couple of months as I've moved to Anglesey and set up my own business but as I remembered it was nearly JAE I though it was time to get and do a few things :)

So I ordered a Mountney 300mm steering wheel, I'm just waiting for the boss to arrive:
0115.jpg

I got round to painting my lowering springs ready to go on:
0116.jpg

0117.jpg

0118.jpg

0119.jpg

I then painted my brake callipers:
0120.jpg

0121.jpg

0122.jpg

0123.jpg

0124.jpg

Certain pics removed by joesouthgate

As the car currently sits, (fitted the front springs aswell but didn't take photos):
0128.jpg

Looks lovely, mate (Y)
I'm glad bushes worked fine for you too :)
Cheers mate, they worked perfectly :)

looking good joe! will be good to meet you at JAE and glad the move went smoothly!
Cheers, yer I'm looking forward to JAE, shame I missed last year.

DUDEEEE we should meet up some time nice to see some progress and hope things are going well for you :grinning:
Yer we should, if you see me in my van give me a wave, you can't miss me:
IMG_1132.jpg

Lol, The trailer is sign written aswell now.

Decided to Spray the bottom of my bumper satin black today aswell:

Pics removed by joesouthgate

Will unmask it in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back