• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

joesouthgate's Red Micra SR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me it involves a couple of deep discharge batteries and a boot full of large capacitors :laugh:.

Super S Wheels that will be going black with a red lip:
01-05-111.jpg

01-05-112.jpg

Picked up everything to convert my car to PAS today, for the princeley sum of £25 :)
02-05-111.jpg

Don't you think the car really needs it? i find them really light and easy to control.

Last 3 cars have had PAS and I prefer it now, my SLX with PAS was nicer to drive than the Super S, and for £25 can't go wrong.

Last 3 cars have had PAS and I prefer it now, my SLX with PAS was nicer to drive than the Super S, and for £25 can't go wrong.

did you get the CV as well, that was the only thing missing when i did mine. and don't forget to track it afterward.

I don't know to be honest, I am on the last 4 weeks of my policy which was taken out on my Astra 1.7Dti - 10month policy for £900 ish then onto my Focus for the last 6 weeks which I paid an extra £40 ish for then I got a £15 refund today, so its a bit confusing!

I don't know to be honest, I am on the last 4 weeks of my policy which was taken out on my Astra 1.7Dti - 10month policy for £900 ish then onto my Focus for the last 6 weeks which I paid an extra £40 ish for then I got a £15 refund today, so its a bit confusing!
How many cars do you need?! lol

Astra is sold now, and I was driving the Focus up to today so it will be sold in a couple of weeks once I'm back from hol.

Did quite a few bits today.

Fitted the pressed rear number plate:
04-05-1116.jpg

04-05-1117.jpg

Fitted LEDs throughout:
04-05-1118.jpg

04-05-1119.jpg

04-05-1120.jpg

Looking extremely clean. (Y) Only just realised its you 'modded', very much looking forward to this build if your old Super S is anything to go by.

wait a minute you cut a hole in the roof carpet??? how are you going to cover that?

oh and a quick note, your engine will have to come out for the PAS. i tried to get one of of a car in a scrappy and failed, i asked the guys there to get it out and they cut the chassis leg off.

wait a minute you cut a hole in the roof carpet??? how are you going to cover that?

oh and a quick note, your engine will have to come out for the PAS. i tried to get one of of a car in a scrappy and failed, i asked the guys there to get it out and they cut the chassis leg off.

Oh course I didn't cut a hole in the headlining! That is the sun roof handle recess.
I'm sure I'll manage with the PAS.

PAS is fitted, bit of a #### of a job, but not too difficult and engine didn't need to come out ;)
Also had a nice service and gearbox oil change so she is running nicely now, and I have modified my gearstick :)
Pics to follow.

i was thinking to bridge the gap:grinning: between power steering and non
put a stupidly or normal small steering wheel on to make it just as hard or slightly similar to the stiff ness of non power steer

CONGRATS on the successful transplant
gearstick what did you do knock the ball further up?

No I chopped it down and welded it up, pics will explain when I am on my other computer.
Would like to put a smaller steering wheel on it but I will probably leave the airbag one on for now.

Set about shortening my gearstick the other day.

Gear stick out:
67.jpg

Ready to be hacked up :p :
68.jpg

In bits:
69.jpg

Welded up:
71.jpg

I then used a bit of tube from old bike handlebars and welded on a sleeve for strength:
72.jpg

Fitted:
73.jpg

How it was before:
27-04-1114.jpg

How it is now:
74.jpg

Colour coded the boot handle:
75.jpg

And pulled out the aerial and colour coded the plastic for the time being:
77.jpg

78.jpg

Also colour coded the grommit and surprisingly the paint is holding okay at the moment lol:
79.jpg

Boot handle fitted:
80.jpg

My car and van :)
76.jpg

looks sweet as mate, you got the super s alloys fitted yet?
where did you get the pressed plates from, which site did you get the dash leds from (if ebay can you link me) i got some for my dash but they dont illuminate properly

Painting aerial holder is very smart and renders nice, never seen that mod before, good idea! One newbie question: Is it that hard to remove the gearstick? Do I need to uplift the car as you done?

About your picture, Serena is cool! The design is similar to the K11. For me the Nissan golden age of design is 100NX= coupe , Serena=van, K11=compact, PrimeraP10=berline, they all share something in their shape.

Seb you can remove the gear stick from a trolley jack or axle stands. Is a pain in the ass like from low down as you need to remove the heat shield

Painting aerial holder is very smart and renders nice, never seen that mod before, good idea! One newbie question: Is it that hard to remove the gearstick? Do I need to uplift the car as you done?

Nah you can just get underneith the car and do it, it is only a few bolts. Just handy to have a ramp :)

About your picture, Serena is cool! The design is similar to the K11. For me the Nissan golden age of design is 100NX= coupe , Serena=van, K11=compact, PrimeraP10=berline, they all share something in their shape.

I agree :) Although mine is an LDV Cub, which is a rebadged Nissan, I pulled off the LDV badge and there was the nissan badge shape underneith still lol

Bought a splitter, will probably fit it on Friday:
0082.jpg

And a tow sticker :)
0083.jpg

0084.jpg

0085.jpg

And I painted the badge last week while doing the rest of the painting aswell:
0086.jpg

Nope :) Won't be up to too much more for now though as I am moving and starting my own business in a few weeks.

lovely mota bargin too (Y) think i got robbed paying £900 for a 74k super s thats not as straight well bubble on front wing and crease in door :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back