Glanza Crash Photos

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Worthy of their own thread really. Cannot believe i only got 4 stitches as a result of this lot;

Strut brace, duck spoiler and exhaust have snapped
Windscreen is cracked
Drivers door stuck solid (don't quite know how i got out?)
Wheel, front wing and bumper all ripped off. Missing a sideskirt too.
Photos say it all really

I wanted to get some mechanical bits but i'm not allowed until insurance have assessed the car, but the FMIC, dump valve, plugs, coilovers and few other bits of some value look ok. I ripped out the fuel cut defender but that's as much as i could take.

glanzacrash01.JPG

glanzacrash02.JPG

glanzacrash03.JPG

glanzacrash04.JPG

glanzacrash05.JPG

glanzacrash06.JPG

glanzacrash07.JPG

glanzacrash08.JPG

glanzacrash09.JPG

glanzacrash10.JPG

glanzacrash11.JPG

glanzacrash12.JPG

glanzacrash13.JPG

glanzacrash14.JPG

glanzacrash15.JPG

glanzacrash16.JPG

glanzacrash17.JPG

glanzacrash18.JPG

glanzacrash19.JPG

glanzacrash20.JPG

glanzacrash21.JPG

glanzacrash22.JPG

glanzacrash23.JPG

glanzacrash24.JPG

glanzacrash25.JPG

glanzacrash26.JPG

glanzacrash27.JPG

what the hell i go away for the weekend, and the first post i see when i log on is this, really sorry to see this mate, glad your ok though :)

No one else involved

No other bits declared. I told them when i got the policy there were probably other bits on it but because i'm not familiar with the car, i'm not sure what's standard and what's not. I doubt any of it makes any difference. The bloke told me as long as your tyres are good and the car looks like it's been looked after, i shouldn't have any problems

Kinda gutting, considering the pics of it a few hours earlier...looks like its held up well though. :)

If youre allowed, id sell anything and everything from it, especially bits from the passenger side.

I want the insurance to assess it before i start stripping for parts :) I need to tell them apparently i want bits off it, otherwise it just goes to salvage after they've written it off!

JESUS, you are a lucky man Arnold. Shame about the car, looks like there is a fair few items that can be re-used/refurbished. Nice bit of blood splatter there, a first glance I thought you were showing the silver car until I saw the next picture down. NASTY!

Man that's nasty! I think you are rather lucky to have gotten out of that with a bumped noggin!
At the end of the day, at least you're alright. Get well soon man (Y)

Ouch, that's got to hurt! thanks for the blood spatter images ;)

Held up pretty well considering the impact into the crash barrier :eek:

woah dude!!!! look at that blood thats awesome! what did your head hit then?

i am amazed from the fact you walked out the hospital i thought we would be chatting about new bumpers etc, but seriously there is NOTHING left of that car, someone was smiling on you weren't they.

glad you are ok mate, i know it sux but its just a car, and you didn't have it long enough to have a full on romance, it was just a one night stand lol, is that FMIC any good still? grab the rear LED light too, there might be a few pennies to be had.

"you didn't have it long enough to have a full on romance, it was just a one night stand"

haha never have truer words been said matey :p

"you didn't have it long enough to have a full on romance, it was just a one night stand"

haha never have truer words been said matey :p

na i mean it!

like you find this nice girl, spend farrrrr to much money on her, have some fun and by the end of the night she tries to kill you in a psychotic way lol

:sick: omg the blood. I wondered for a second why you took a random picture of a chrysler out of focus.

The barrier looks to have left an imprint on the wing! :wow:

Glad your ok!

Looks like strut brace might have helped in this instance transfering load to the left side of the car before it got to the bulkhead.

Glad you're ok mate.

cars in a right state, :glare: you should be lucky you got out of the car in one piece. what can ya do? sorry to go off scale is that your girlfriend in the background?

from now on you shall be known to me as hammond having a crash like that and getting away as lucky as you did someone must`ve bin watching you that morning

om my god what a mess!
thats looks like some crash!
From looking at the pics you woulding think the driver would have come out alive, let alone get away with FOUR stitches!

Anyway, glad your ok (Y)

woah dude!!!! look at that blood thats awesome! what did your head hit then?

i am amazed from the fact you walked out the hospital i thought we would be chatting about new bumpers etc, but seriously there is NOTHING left of that car, someone was smiling on you weren't they.

glad you are ok mate, i know it sux but its just a car, and you didn't have it long enough to have a full on romance, it was just a one night stand lol, is that FMIC any good still? grab the rear LED light too, there might be a few pennies to be had.

Thanks mate & to everyone for the nice comments. After seeing the car, i realise how lucky i was. I never noticed the imprint on the rear from the crash barrier! I genuinely expected to be able to turn up to the car, and consider having it repaired, or paying the fees and driving it home! I don't remember it being like this at the scene, but i'm told that's because of shock.

I think my head hit the seat belt mount on the B pillar, as that's where my head was cut and it's actually the drivers door glass that's sprayed with blood and not the windscreen.

The FMIC looked pretty good. There's a few broken bits on the back of it but just like any old radiator that's had some stones in it. the pipe work is all cracked but that's replaceable. The coilovers looked intact, and a few other bits on it should hopefully be savable, i just can't really touch it yet until it's been assessed.

unlucky mate, at least your ok thoi, thats all that matters, cars are replaceable but life is not.

yes it does look like a k10, lol, look on the pic above the burned k10, is that a red 5 door k10 on the left of the pic?

That looks like it stood up pretty well for an 80MPH crash, I've seen worse damage at 50.

At least the interior didn't deform any, just think, a few degrees out and you could've ended up with the driver side wheel in your nuts :eek:

All those cars in the background (not smashed) are there because they're not insured. There's an 07 plate Golf GTI amongst many others which are waiting to be crushed! They don't go to salvage or get sold off, they're cubed. There's loads of red corsas there i wanted parts off but they said i couldn't touch them! They look better than my one!

What a bloody waste of money! Why not auction them FFS!

salvage used to be contracted to a company at around 20% of book value, (across the board) so the salvage company would make a loss on a burnout for example :eek: and the only way they would get their money back would be to "ring it" :suspect:
but, with the cat A, B etc salvage, the bladdered or burnout cars have to be crushed (to cut down on the ringing) :)

salvage used to be contracted to a company at around 20% of book value, (across the board) so the salvage company would make a loss on a burnout for example :eek: and the only way they would get their money back would be to "ring it" :suspect:
but, with the cat A, B etc salvage, the bladdered or burnout cars have to be crushed (to cut down on the ringing) :)

no i was talking about the perfectly alright cars that have just been confiscated and then are going to be crushed! Bloodty waste of money.

What does it matter if some of the panels are missing when they get crushed? they could sell the ok panels, bumpers, wings etc, sure that's not illegal

What does it matter if some of the panels are missing when they get crushed? they could sell the ok panels, bumpers, wings etc, sure that's not illegal

Its not worth touching the car until insurance have got back to Arnold. Dont want to annoy the insurance company if they get there and loads of visable parts are missing.

real shame it happened, glad your ok

Its not worth touching the car until insurance have got back to Arnold. Dont want to annoy the insurance company if they get there and loads of visable parts are missing.

Thanks mate & yeah I didn't want them thinking i've removed something that might have contributed to the crash or anything like that, thought i'd just leave it as it is!

I wasn't suggesting he do it to his car, don't wanna be accused of tampering with evidence or anything.

But the cars that are confiscated and then crushed could be stripped before crushing and the salvage yard could make a fortune

Back