OOOOOPPPPSSSS

D

Djdr1veB1

Hope everyone liked the pics of my new K10, sadly the guy i bought the car off in Wales must be a blindin photographer as the reality wasn't quite what i was hoping!

The body kit was held on with wood screws and the paint job could have been done better by two monkeys on crack!

I had a hard decision to make... Blow the car up and put it down as an expensive, but satisfying experience, or start another project to run along side my other K10 project!

Luckily i'm a glutton for punishment and love the K10 so am going to be giving a lot of time to it!!!

All the mods that have been done to this car have done more harm than good, and to be honest needs the damage done to it repaired! the wiring although working (with a few exceptions) is cut and stuck and the lights are completely ridiculus, so am going to cut out part from another one and wire it in!!!

Also need a new heater unit as the one that had been dumped in the boot was snapped, cracked and generally wrecked!

The door cards were a joke with bits of fabric and plastic randomly insrted here there and everywhere! However, was a very good advertisment for doing a job properly or leaving it alone!

So far i have taken the front Bumper (Foah i think?) off and stripped the interior completly cleaned and shined it! Then replaced the carpet and boot turrets! wrote a list of parts needed at the breakers and am planning on grabbing those bits in an hour or two! The guy also managed to bolt Xr3i seats in that were completely wrecked so they are going!

Bad news is it's gonna take a lot of work to make it road worthy let alone aesphetically pleasing however i am a man with a plan!

Good news is that my GTI-GTR alloy wheels arrived today! paid a whooping £1.21 with legal tyres on them!!!!

And my main car also got through it's MOT and now has a freshly welded sill and a pair of new shockers in the back!!!

Also am going to be having a go at welding so may be able to do a lot of repairs, improements myself!

Also does anyone know where ican get a hub adaptor for my K10 from????

Cheers
Dave

Pics will follow!

said it sounded a bit iffy didnt i!!!
well im sorry to hear it mate./ i know what it feels like i had a bit of one myself. though not no were as bad as that.
good luck with it though/
pm me if you need any bits im a walking micra scrapyard :p

Cheers mate!!!

Was down the Breakers yesterday and for £50 managed to get myself a full set of seats in unbelievable condition, a full set of door cards, a new heating system, a pair of the plastics that go in the boot that the seatbelts go through, a mustard condition boot carpet, a gear gaitor, window seals, a new rear view, a parcel shelf in good condition and the usual grabbed fitments, screws, useless bits of plastic etc etc!

Got back and fitted door cards window seals as there isn't much else in the car where i've stripped it, it's looking pretty good especially considering how small the changes were! Thought i got quite a good deal especilly with the chairs!

Although i was pretty peeved at the time i reckon if it carries on the way it is i could have the car sorted in two weeks!!!

I still keep finding stuff the guy has bodged and it's scary to think the fella probably is destroying another car at the moment!

Does anyone know how to wire in the heating sytem, it's not so much where the wires plug into more where they sit as i'm gonna be putting a dashboard on top!!!

Cheers
Dave

Back