• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

baguete's Micra K11 1.3 SR

Tested the alloys that came with the March, dont know what is the made of them or the model, but they fit nice with GTi-R calipers, there is no need to use spacers like on the steelies:

IMG_0011-20.jpg

IMG_0012-22.jpg

IMG_0016-19.jpg

IMG_0019-12.jpg

Got some suspension tops, the ones i have on the Matiz/Civic suspension are very worn out, and good condition boot handle:

IMG_0043-5.jpg

IMG_0044-3.jpg

IMG_0046-7.jpg

Tested the brackets for rear disc conversion, these are the ones for using with front calipers, just using them as a mould for new ones:

IMG_0047-4.jpg

IMG_0048-6.jpg

IMG_0052-2.jpg

Will get some metal headgaskets done for the 3 engines im making, using the original ones as base:

IMG_0058-1.jpg

Another package arrived (thanks Frank (Y))

IMG_0060-2.jpg

GTi-R Short-Shifter:

IMG_0061-2.jpg

GA16 XTD Stage 4 clutch (190mm):

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0062-2.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0063-3.jpg

GA16 Fidenza flywheel, with only 3,1 Kg:

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0068-3.jpg

As requested, i tested some flywheel/clutch setups, using stock gearbox.

Stock fly + clutch:

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

As you can see, the GA16 clutch disc fits CG box:

IMG_0163.jpg

And the GA16 fly fits CG crank:

IMG_0166-1.jpg

So, lets get it installed:

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

There is a little difference where the fly ring sits, about 3mm closer to the block, but the starter motor should mesh just fine.

I also wanted to see all the differences, 1.0, 1.3 and 1.6.

From left to right, 1.0 Pre-Facelift, 1.3 one piece and 1.3 three piece:

IMG_0174.jpg

1.0 Fly:

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

1.3 Fly's:

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Comparison between 1.3 and 1.0 clutches:

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

1.0 Fly on top of 1.3 Fly:

IMG_0192.jpg

Side by side:

IMG_0197.jpg

1.3 Disc on top of 1.0 Fly and 1.0 Disc on top of 1.3 Fly:

IMG_0201.jpg

1.3 Clutch Cover on top of 1.0 Fly, it can be redrilled:

IMG_0202.jpg

1.6 Fly diameter:

IMG_0205.jpg

1.3 Fly diameter:

IMG_0207.jpg

1.6 Plate diameter:

IMG_0208.jpg

1.3 Plate diameter:

IMG_0210-1.jpg

1.6 Disc diameter:

IMG_0211.jpg

1.3 Disc diameter:

IMG_0212.jpg

1.6 Clutch cover on top of 1.3 Fly, can be redrilled too:

IMG_0214.jpg

1.3 Disc on top of 1.6 Plate:

IMG_0215-1.jpg

So, the 1.6 setup will work with stock gearbox, having a 190mm setup instead of 180mm, good for some serious engined Micras. But the 1.3 Fly can be redrilled to suit GA clutch, because GA Fly should be heavier than 1.3 Fly. Nothing that a Fidenza Flywheel cant do. :laugh:

BTW, i will check if there are 200mm setups, because im almost sure they exist, maybe on Primeras...

Tested the alloys that came with the March, dont know what is the made of them or the model, but they fit nice with GTi-R calipers, there is no need to use spacers like on the steelies:

I'm assuming you were using unmodified 14" steel wheels and spacers? What sizes spacer did you need to get clearance using GTI-R brakes?

valuable info n pics there (Y)

Still have to take some more measurements on stuff to complete this.

And i forgot to take a pic of the space between the Fidenza Fly and the block, its more or less 27mm... (Y)

I'm assuming you were using unmodified 14" steel wheels and spacers? What sizes spacer did you need to get clearance using GTI-R brakes?

The stock 14" steelies dont fit GTi-R calipers without spacers, even the ones modded by Frank, you need at least 3mm spacers...

Interesting stuff, seems that Primeras P10/P11 1.6 uses 200mm disc, there are some options with 215mm disc with the same part number as Nissan Bluebird 1.6 86-90 that uses CA16 engine. So, if its right, they have the same PCD for the cover plate. Have to talk with a friend that has some N13 GTI's, to check if my XTD clutch will fit CA16 fly. If it works, a 215mm setup can used... :p

So, lets get some info here (hope im right):

- CG13 Gearbox spline: 18 teeth and +/- 20mm diameter
- CG13 clutch disc/cover: 180mm
- Almost all GA16 clutch disc/cover: 190mm
- Primeras P10/P11 clutch disc/cover: 200mm
- There is an option on Primera: 215mm (same kit as Bluebird 1.6 86-90)
- All GA's have the same PCD patern on the crank, same as CG
- All CG/GA flywheels have the same diameter, just a bit different on the dish (and where the ring sits)

I will try to confirm all this info tomorrow, and try to discover which parts can fit what... :wasntme:

EDIT: here are some links:

Primera Wagon W10 1.6:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clutch-Kit-in...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483ce9a4dd

Bluebird T12 1.6:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clutch-Kit-in...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d2b84c26b

Same spline as CG gearbox...

That's some good info, you should put all your findings in the members only area

And delete the info i have here?

BTW, the current engine is well screwed up, starting to make some mayo:

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

And checked if S13 calipers would fit Micra, no can do, the spacement on the carriers is different:

IMG_0243.jpg

Some new stuff done, hope it helps...

Diameter of the 1.0 fly:

IMG_0250.jpg

Diameter of 1.0 disc:

IMG_0252.jpg

Diameter of 1.0 plate:

IMG_0254.jpg

1.6 Disc on top of 1.0 fly:

IMG_0255.jpg

1.6 Plate on top of 1.0 fly, can be redrilled, but i dont know if the starter motor will hit the clutch plate and of the starter will mesh:

IMG_0256.jpg

Diameter of the friction plate of the Fidenza 1.6 fly, only discs of that diameter can be used:

IMG_0262.jpg

Diameter of 1.0 plate hole:

IMG_0263.jpg

Diameter of 1.3 plate hole:

IMG_0264.jpg

Diameter of 1.6 plate hole:

IMG_0265.jpg

Diameter of the hole on Fidenza 1.6 fly, i think i will use a spigot ring to center it:

IMG_0272.jpg

Diameter of the hole on 1.3 fly:

IMG_0274.jpg

Used a piece of metal underneath the flyhweels, to check the ring alignment to the starter motor:

The reference is a 1.3 one-piece flywheel:

IMG_0258.jpg

1.3 three-piece fly, sits 0,7mm further apart from the block:

IMG_0259.jpg

Fidenza 1.6 fly, sits 3mm closer to the block:

IMG_0257.jpg

1.0 fly, sits 9,5mm closer the block:

IMG_0260.jpg

Hi mate any more news on clutch I'm eagerly waiting to find out :) cheers

This weekend i will try to install the turbo engine (for tests before install it on the grey Micra), and will do the clutch stuff at the same time. Just wait some more days... :wasntme:

exttream progress mate and that information with the clutch and flywheel setups will be a great help to so many people, you never no even me one day! hope the transplant goes well!

just like heart surgery

Engine installed, so far so good:

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Doesnt bubble on expansion bottle, good sign:

IMG_0351.jpg

Installed the Fidenza Flywheel and XTD clutch, its plug and play and the starter motor works the same, the engine starts without problems. Didnt used the plate between the engine and the gearbox:

IMG_0358.jpg

Oil return blanked:

IMG_0361.jpg

Spark plugs color, from cylinder 1 to 4, all the same color:

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

One video showing the engine running, even with less compression ratio its impressive how the engine speeds up:

[video=youtube;lm-8vOFY4L4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm-8vOFY4L4[/video]

Test fitted the manifold and turbo, as you can see it doesnt hit anything. And i need to get another intercooler, the one i have wont fit how i want it:

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

Already running:

IMG_0368.jpg

That clutch is very hard to control, grabs really fast, if you try to be gentle it starts to kangorooing, if you rev it more you light the wheels, if you dont give enough revs it stalls... :eek: The lighter flywheel doesnt help at all. I will break the engine mounts in no time... :p

Regarding the engine, heats normally, when it reaches 97º the fan kicks in and takes only some seconds to get to ideal temperature, doesnt bubble on the expansion bottle, doesnt drink any coolant or oil, so far so good. Even with less compression ratio a 1.3 is always a 1.3, way faster than my 1.0. But i can noticed that something is missing there, i think the engine is saying to turbo it... :laugh:

I made a typo, instead of Fidenza, it should be read Fidanza (which is the correct name of the brand)... :blush:

This is such good news about the clutch! Thank you very much for all your hard work!
Really glad to see your car up and running :) (Y)

Thanks Ed, i hope it helps much people with their projects.

Oh, and please guys, dont use a clutch like mine, unless you go to the gym just exercising the left leg and want to look like a fool in the middle of the traffic trying to be gentle with the clutch (but without result) :p

my current stock clutch PP is real heavy too for some reason, used to it now but challenging to maintain stamina in heavy traffic.

when i tried Solarices helix pad plate with almera PP it felt feather light n non-grabby, hence will be using that combo on me turbo setup soon. can't imagine what my jun flywheel will think of the aggressive hard pad clutch plate.

thanks for all the information mate, valuable stuff to remember here

its all coming together now mate, bet you cant wait!

i think i will go for an uprated standard one and see how that copes

does anyone know the torque rating of a 190mm ga16 oem clutch, cheers

my current stock clutch PP is real heavy too for some reason, used to it now but challenging to maintain stamina in heavy traffic.

when i tried Solarices helix pad plate with almera PP it felt feather light n non-grabby, hence will be using that combo on me turbo setup soon. can't imagine what my jun flywheel will think of the aggressive hard pad clutch plate.

Does Jun flywheel have a friction plate like my Fidanza has?

thanks for all the information mate, valuable stuff to remember here

its all coming together now mate, bet you cant wait!

i think i will go for an uprated standard one and see how that copes

does anyone know the torque rating of a 190mm ga16 oem clutch, cheers

Youre welcome mate. (Y)

Yes, its going good until now, just need to order some more stuff. And i need to take the manifold to the machine shop, it doesnt fit perfectly on the head...

According to this link (Almera N15 1.6), it says 390kg:

http://nissan4u.com/parts/almera/el_n15/2000_4/type_6/power_train/clutch/illustration_2/

no tis an expensive "all one piece"

839e.jpg

Different ways to make them. But if the fly gets worn out, a new one is required? :eek:

thats the clamping force of the pressure plate aint it mate ? (and i have 300kg listed for the p/f 1.0/160mm one, and 330kg for the 1.3,s)

Yeah, dont know the relation between clamping force and engine torque it can handle...

I've been trying to convert or find out the 1.6 oem torque rating

Still no luck

Don't want paddle clutch

Can anyone tell me the torque of kristian/ Pollyps setup please, not sure if I'm reading this right?

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/...an-nissan-micra-13-turbo-163-bhp-stock-engine

Thanks

Dont go paddle clutch unless you have huge amount of power/torque.

i make it 155 lb/ft mate :)

So, more or less 220Nm for a stock clutch? Not bad... :grinning:

Ok cool so if I'm going for that setup I need roughly something around the 180 mark to be safe

If anyone knows the stock torque rating of an oem clutch for a starting point that would be awesome :)

Thank you for all your help guys

Different ways to make them. But if the fly gets worn out, a new one is required? :eek:

if the flywheel face is machined too far, maybe a seperate clutch face similar to the GA16 fly seen previously could be bolted to the Jun. if not, i dread to think its another £500 for a Jun fly :/

must remind myself with the helix pad to stay away from traffic and don't drag the clutch

Ok cool so if I'm going for that setup I need roughly something around the 180 mark to be safe

If anyone knows the stock torque rating of an oem clutch for a starting point that would be awesome :)

Thank you for all your help guys

Maybe Frank can discover that? :laugh:

if the flywheel face is machined too far, maybe a seperate clutch face similar to the GA16 fly seen previously could be bolted to the Jun. if not, i dread to think its another £500 for a Jun fly :/

must remind myself with the helix pad to stay away from traffic and don't drag the clutch

Damn, thats expensive... :eek:

Yeah, traffic is very harsh to the clutch and flywheel (with setups like ours), im realising that now... :(

Installed the Peter Lloyd exhaust, great noise, even better than Janspeed.

Bought another bucket seat and a dished steering wheel (pics tomorrow).

And i received this (thanks Stani):

IMG_1662.jpg

Spax Full Adjustable Coilovers with Nismo Top Mount Bearing/Bush
Upper Strut Brace
Whiteline Lower Front Strut Brace
Whiteline Front Anti Roll Bar
Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar
Whiteline Rear Adjustable Drop Links
Rear on car Adjustable Panhard Rod
Nissan Pulsar Calipers, Discs and Yellowstuff Pads
Group A Rally Airbox
Auto Sprint Inlet Cam With Buckets for Double Underbucket Shims
Magnecor Blue Ignition Leads
walbro Fuel Pump
Greddy Oil Filter Relocator
Short Shifter

hey baggy, just read this blog straight through. i'd just like to say that you are super dedicated man. i dont want to cause any offence but i've read a few blogs where the owner goes crazy only to give up at the end. unlike you my friend. serious hard work and a great attitude. (Y)

ok onto the rear shortened shocks. how far down from the original did you weld the stopper washer and what is the blue stuff you used as a spacer on the top thread? thanks buddy.

Thanks mate (Y)

You need to weld a washer 130mm down the shaft then use a 60mm spacer inside the car (the blue pipe). And open the top mounts to 12mm, otherwise the shaft wont enter on the top mounts...

top stuff mate, i'll get on it in the next couple of weeks. i know alot of owners are against cut springs but the ride is awesome. i think alot more people are starting to come round now tho. (Y)

top stuff mate, i'll get on it in the next couple of weeks. i know alot of owners are against cut springs but the ride is awesome. i think alot more people are starting to come round now tho. (Y)

Get the rear Matiz springs, confort ride and nice setup with the shortened shocks. Im using it now (but without the front Matiz/Civic suspension) and the rear is great.

i dont want to cause any offence but i've read a few blogs where the owner goes crazy only to give up at the end. unlike you my friend. (Y)

its not always down to choice matey, sometimes life gets in the way, i know first hand as it keeps happening to me!

sold my first project and ended up with sweet f/a

spent ####ing ages on another only for it to almost end my engagement(car had to go)

on to my 4th micra now, the big project(turbo)

i refuse to give up or let anything stop me!!ive got absolutley no money but sticking with it

also peoples circumstances are very different

i know for one myself and mark bognor and would love to do more with our cars but kids and rent stop that

cut springs are fine dude all will be ok providing you keep them retained in the cups(Y)

i totally understand what you are saying and i wasn't targeting anyone. i know how things can affect what we can and cant do. i myself have just found out that im going to be a dad but never had massive plans for my micra. i didnt mean that people didnt have the balls or paitence to finish the cars, its just gutting when you read through like 20 pages and at the end its bad news like the car is getting scrapped or the engine is being sold. where as baggy's blog is just like " another engine stripped and rebuilt before breakfast". :p

but seriously mate i read your blog and i was gutted for you, but you still got your family and i'd take that over any car any day. (Y)

Interesting stuff, seems that Primeras P10/P11 1.6 uses 200mm disc, there are some options with 215mm disc with the same part number as Nissan Bluebird 1.6 86-90 that uses CA16 engine. So, if its right, they have the same PCD for the cover plate. Have to talk with a friend that has some N13 GTI's, to check if my XTD clutch will fit CA16 fly. If it works, a 215mm setup can used... :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-R...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

so technically this would fit the cg13 spline? would need the flywheel too i guess?

will 220mm fly fit inside the box matey?

i totally understand what you are saying and i wasn't targeting anyone. i know how things can affect what we can and cant do. i myself have just found out that im going to be a dad but never had massive plans for my micra. i didnt mean that people didnt have the balls or paitence to finish the cars, its just gutting when you read through like 20 pages and at the end its bad news like the car is getting scrapped or the engine is being sold. where as baggy's blog is just like " another engine stripped and rebuilt before breakfast". :p

yeah hes one of a kind ol baguete!:p never understood why we call you that or rather why you called your username that?

all is well at home on the micra front so she will get finished just time scale and big money problems at the mo:eek:

but your right family first over anything else

but seriously mate i read your blog and i was gutted for you, but you still got your family and i'd take that over any car any day. (Y)

I know what you are saying, i dont have any kids, and still going from my parents house to my girlfriend house. Im unemployed at the moment, but receiving the unemployment payment (almost the same as my old job payment), and i got the compensation for being "fired", so i need to get all the things going on now before im unable to do this projects.

About the 215mm clutch, the spline is the same. I still didnt solved that, but check the earlier pics, they show the stock fly diameter and you can compare it with the other fly. I would say that you need the fly also, could have different PCD for the clutch cover...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-R...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

so technically this would fit the cg13 spline? would need the flywheel too i guess?

will 220mm fly fit inside the box matey?

a 220mm disc would have the cover boltholes in the starter ring gear martin :eek: and the 2.0 flywheels are 8 stud into the crank i believe

yeah hes one of a kind ol baguete!:p never understood why we call you that or rather why you called your username that?

all is well at home on the micra front so she will get finished just time scale and big money problems at the mo:eek:

but your right family first over anything else

Well, it was an old girlfriend that used to call me that, maybe because im skinny, maybe because of other attributes... :laugh:

But i have to say many thanks to Frank, i learn so much with him, he is the real MSC guru (Y)

I agree, family is the most important. If i ever have any family problems and the cars are in between, i would let them go (even if it costs me a lot to see them go).

a 220mm disc would have the cover boltholes in the starter ring gear martin :eek: and the 2.0 flywheels are 8 stud into the crank i believe

Yeah, no 2.0 flys can be used, just the 1.6 flys. But the question still is if the PCD of the "normal" 1.6 fly matches the Primera Wagon 1.6 215mm cover plate. If they are the same, a good clutch setup can be made.

Back