• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

baguete's Micra K11 1.3 SR

Looking good mate! Yeah that's how I did mine... Oops

110 down m25 with no load on the turbo it span like a goodun

All fixed now though

Phew ..won't be doing that again ;)

You will have to come over hear mate when it's finished to a " boosted Micra meet " and have some fun!!

I was just checking if the turbo was spooling fine, i wont drive the car like this. :laugh:

If i had the money, i would go to a meet in UK, but now im unemployed and dont know the money i will need in the future, its very bad for getting a job... fwn

i just did a little wee ! :p

No need for that mate. :p

this guy lives on one of the WRC stages:laugh::laugh:

My stock 1.0 on those roads:

[video=youtube;YXp3kKAL6Tc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXp3kKAL6Tc[/video]

:laugh:

Got the intercooler, tested it to check the pipes i need to buy:

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

It was a bit high, so i cutted the lower supports, that way it gets more fresh air:

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Will have to rotate the turbo a bit more, so the pipes doesnt foul on the intercooler:

IMG_0593.jpg

just like on mine, I'd remove the stock PAS cooler & bracket and just make a new one from central heating copper pipe to route over the top of the IC, may give IC slightly more cooling too

just like on mine, I'd remove the stock PAS cooler & bracket and just make a new one from central heating copper pipe to route over the top of the IC, may give IC slightly more cooling too

Will do for now, i just need the car running with the turbo, maybe later i can make a new PAS cooler like yours. (Y)

Just need the pipework now... :p

Need to rise the license plate so the intercooler get more air:

IMG_0600.jpg

Boost gauge wired, just need a pillar gauge pod:

IMG_0605.jpg

Wideband installed:

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

Front Coilovers with new collars:

IMG_0611.jpg

Another Nismo engine mount on a new bracket, this one wont get loose:

IMG_0614.jpg

GTi-R discs with minus 2mm in diameter:

IMG_0615.jpg

New steering wheel:

IMG_0609.jpg

Impressive work as usual, it's getting closer ... By the way Arm, I heard that red perfumed trees added +5HP than yellow trees.

Baguete, are we twins? Cos we're almost copying of each others moves :)
Check me blog later bout the new pas cooler

Yeah, seems that we come across the same problems and do the same mods. :laugh:

And i have another option for the PAS cooler also, using the stock cooler and rubber pipes. :laugh:

Who will finish the turbo project first? Im still waiting for the intercooler piping... :down:

Hehe that's what I thought too, you have bought the same wideband controller :p

I have my wideband sensor/controller for almost one and half years, but Pollyp bought the display, i didnt. :grinning:

why don't you relocate the number plate to the left or right?
images

I cant mate, if the bumper has a place in the middle, i must have it on the middle. Only cars with no place on the middle of the bumper can use it on the side, and i dont want to attract much attention on the car. But its no big deal raising the license plate... (Y)

I cant mate, if the bumper has a place in the middle, i must have it on the middle. Only cars with no place on the middle of the bumper can use it on the side, and i dont want to attract much attention on the car. But its no big deal raising the license plate... (Y)

cut abit of the bumper above the reg plate off so its flush and mount the reg plate higher so the bottom of reg meets the top of the mouth opening

cut abit of the bumper above the reg plate off so its flush and mount the reg plate higher so the bottom of reg meets the top of the mouth opening

Nice idea, will do that if i have time, have less than 2 weeks to finish the car for our national Micra meet... :down:

i had just 3days to fit my new forged engine, bed it in, and fit all the turbo stuff before welding the exhaust & remap but alsolutely killed me now and few issues arised so gonna delay remapping n take my time now fixing the issues. i shoulda taken 2weeks to do it like you but i guess i have a bad habit of pushing myself to the limit to meet an unrealistic timescale

Yes, its almost impossible on that time mate, and 2 weeks seems a small timescale also, you have so much to do.

One thing that i learned with cars is:

"You always need double the time and money you estimated (and sometimes even more)" :wasntme:

Installed another Nismo engine mount, "new" hub because the other one was a bit loose, the GTI-R discs from Stani with 2mm skim in diameter, modded rear wiper motor so it sits on lower position and adjusted the height of the coilovers:

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:
IMG_0638.jpg

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Still waiting for the intercooler pipes, so i had to make another mod, still on tests. Thanks to my brother i will have a Wideband display, fully home-made:

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

[video=youtube;1NF9XH8hMIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NF9XH8hMIo[/video]

Still waiting for the intercooler pipes, so i had to make another mod, still on tests. Thanks to my brother i will have a Wideband display, fully home-made:

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

[video=youtube;1NF9XH8hMIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NF9XH8hMIo[/video]

I'm very impressed matey, that is awesome!! Cars coming along very nicely mate

Keep it up

Hi Baguete,

Found this old thread of your as I'm searching for some form of upgrade on my clutch.

Juz to clarify, so a standard GA16DE clutch with flywheel will be able to fit onto the CG13DE engine without any issues? As I'm already on a lighten Jun Flywheel, will it be ok if I simply fix the GA Clutch cover/PP and clutch plate onto the Jun flywheel?

Also, will I be able to use back the CA13DE starter without any mods? Will there be any issues if I do not cover up the "hole" between the engine and the gearbox?

Please help.

Thanks

Hi Baguete,

Found this old thread of your as I'm searching for some form of upgrade on my clutch.

Juz to clarify, so a standard GA16DE clutch with flywheel will be able to fit onto the CG13DE engine without any issues? As I'm already on a lighten Jun Flywheel, will it be ok if I simply fix the GA Clutch cover/PP and clutch plate onto the Jun flywheel?

Also, will I be able to use back the CA13DE starter without any mods? Will there be any issues if I do not cover up the "hole" between the engine and the gearbox?

Please help.

Thanks

my jun ultra light fly will only take upto bout a 185mm dia disc hence using a 3 paddle 185mm helix clutch to withstand the 160ftlb torque

my jun ultra light fly will only take upto bout a 185mm dia disc hence using a 3 paddle 185mm helix clutch to withstand the 160ftlb torque

So the GA16 clutch won't fit huh? If I'm getting the stock GA16 flywheel with clutch cover and plate, will that be a better upgrade instead of the current one I'm running on? I'm currently on Excedy clutch cover and plate with Jun lighten flywheel. I'm planning to turbo my ride and worried that this setup will not be sufficient.

Please advise...

Thanks

yours slips tho does,nt it paul, and i assume you have read this thread keith ? http://www.micra.com.au/community/message.php?messageid=67714

it only slips if abused n overheated quickly such as when trying to engage with massive fly/gearbox rpm difference under full power or dragging the clutch like when i was trying to load up the turbos at japshow but it quickly overheated. on trackdays n street driving it grips fine. matching revs obviously helps any clutch too.

it only slips if abused n overheated quickly such as when trying to engage with massive fly/gearbox rpm difference under full power or dragging the clutch like when i was trying to load up the turbos at japshow but it quickly overheated. on trackdays n street driving it grips fine. matching revs obviously helps any clutch too.

that would worry me paul tbh :eek: it would be 1st on my list, else that £500 jun f/w will be scrap in a few months

Hi Baguete,

Please help.

Thanks

On the stock fly you can only use GA14DE clutch, for GA16DE clutch setup you need the 1.6 fly too, but take care, the primera 1.6 flys are different from other 1.6 flys... You can use the stock starter with any of the setups. Still to have issues about the cover removal, and i drive through some dusty/rocky roads...

Car's coming a long nicely Baguete, looking really sweet (Y). Very close now, eh? :grinning:

Yes, very close, just need to tweak the ECU maps, the rest is all done.

that would worry me paul tbh :eek: it would be 1st on my list, else that £500 jun f/w will be scrap in a few months

Yeah, that shouldnt happen, maybe a stronger PP is needed?

those puck clutches rely on abrasive bite/friction rather than surface area, with a compound akin to a grinding stone :eek:.
whereas the organic ones are made from a softer material like rear brake shoes eh, and dont do as much damage when they slip.
i,m only thinking of you, and those humdinger hills in bonny scotland paul :grinning:

those puck clutches rely on abrasive bite/friction rather than surface area, with a compound akin to a grinding stone :eek:.
whereas the organic ones are made from a softer material like rear brake shoes eh, and dont do as much damage when they slip.
i,m only thinking of you, and those humdinger hills in bonny scotland paul :grinning:

Same disc as I have on the K11, except for we have a 330kg cover plate. They can be slipped a little compared to say a sintered clutch but not by much. For a turbocharged engine even ours is borderline for the torque you're producing, we'd need the biggest 184mm cover plate Helix make :eek:

The slippage issue is both a lack of initial torque capacity and the fact that you have very little mass remaining to absorb any heat buildup, so things quickly spiral out of their limits. It's also worrying since cerametallic clutches are much better at dealing with higher operating temperatures than an organic clutch.

Horray for trackdays as opposed to 1/4 mile drags eh ;)

like a metal file biting into soft metal? pads did feel like really hard cutting stone with sharp square edges.
much appreciate ur thoughts
whatever happens with the clutch, so be it:p

Maybe i solved that clutch torque slippage by using the XTD Stage4 kit, but the pressure i need to make on the pedal its just too much... :laugh:

Back