• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11 1.3 Micra Twister

Hi all!

So I bought my Micra last Tuesday 27th but it was pretty much raining all week so decided not to start my blog till I had some decent weather!

Since buying the micra, I've managed to:

Find a parcel shelf with speakers from the local car breakers that I bought for £20 (light grey not dark as is the rest of the interior but can't complain too much!)

I've also bought a new stalk to include front fog lights (although I don't yet have said fog lights)

My current shopping list is as follows.

Fuel cap - mine is not currently connected via the thin plastic strip thing.

'Gas struts' thing for boot - currently the boot doesn't fully open by itself and I've already lost count of the number of times I've bit my head walking into it.

Passenger mirror sun visor - mine has no mirror right now. (women in the car have voiced their discrepencies)

Passenger air bag - don't fancy my passenger dying should a crash ever occur.

Front passenger seat belt retraction - I currently have to feed it back into place myself. Not major but slightly annoying.

Interior boot light - now that winter is here, I can't see anything in there to save my life.

Back seats fully flat folding individual folding - not major, but a useful thing none the less.

Tweeters - as above

Below are a few pictures of my little micra! The passenger trim has a strange mark kind of thing as you will see. Will it require a respray or can I use something to remove it?

There's some quite nasty rust in the roof sills and along the back of the boot - want to sort this asap.
There's also rust down the drivers side door.. Is that serious?

The fuel cover thing has a slight dent which I want to sort eventually.

Otherwise, the car is seriously tidy! Came with central locking that I recalibrated thanks to some other blogs on here. Front electric windows, aircon and reversing sensors.

Oh, and my Dad has bought me a new heater resistor card as I can only use the fan on no speed or full speed!

I now think that's just about all for now, will update in due course!
86.jpeg
20181201_151447.jpeg
20181203_083001.jpeg
20181203_082629.jpeg
20181203_082715.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Hi all!

So I bought my Micra last Tuesday 27th but it was pretty much raining all week so decided not to start my blog till I had some decent weather!

Since buying the micra, I've managed to:

Find a parcel shelf with speakers from the local car breakers that I bought for £20 (light grey not dark as is the rest of the interior but can't complain too much!)

I've also bought a new stalk to include front fog lights (although I don't yet have said fog lights)

My current shopping list is as follows.

Fuel cap - mine is not currently connected via the thin plastic strip thing.

'Gas struts' thing for boot - currently the boot doesn't fully open by itself and I've already lost count of the number of times I've bit my head walking into it.

Passenger mirror sun visor - mine has no mirror right now. (women in the car have voiced their discrepencies)

Passenger air bag - don't fancy my passenger dying should a crash ever occur.

Front passenger seat belt retraction - I currently have to feed it back into place myself. Not major but slightly annoying.

Interior boot light - now that winter is here, I can't see anything in there to save my life.

Back seats fully flat folding individual folding - not major, but a useful thing none the less.

Tweeters - as above

Below are a few pictures of my little micra! The passenger trim has a strange mark kind of thing as you will see. Will it require a respray or can I use something to remove it?

There's some quite nasty rust in the roof sills and along the back of the boot - want to sort this asap.
There's also rust down the drivers side door.. Is that serious?

The fuel cover thing has a slight dent which I want to sort eventually.

Otherwise, the car is seriously tidy! Came with central locking that I recalibrated thanks to some other blogs on here. Front electric windows, aircon and reversing sensors.

Oh, and my Dad has bought me a new heater resistor card as I can only use the fan on no speed or full speed!

I now think that's just about all for now, will update in due course! View attachment 60394View attachment 60395View attachment 60397View attachment 60398View attachment 60399

It's fairly easy to fit the speakers into your existing shelf if you want to keep it the right colour. Shouldn't be too hard to find fog lights for a second facelift tbh they're fairly common as they are the same as almera. The bootlids always fall on micras especially with the speaker shelves in. Women can always find something to give out about but a scrapyard raid should sort out any mirror (or lack of) issues you're having. Passenger air bags are very rare so just rely on good old seat belts I think, and they probably just need a good clean to retract properly. You probably have the wiring buried in the rear arch near the parcel shelf speaker wiring. I've never noticed the stock tweeters doing much tbh but they look nice and high spec so you might as well get them. Looks a nice car, never seen many facelifts with black bumpers before. Happy motoring

OP
OP
SarUK
It's fairly easy to fit the speakers into your existing shelf if you want to keep it the right colour. Shouldn't be too hard to find fog lights for a second facelift tbh they're fairly common as they are the same as almera. The bootlids always fall on micras especially with the speaker shelves in. Women can always find something to give out about but a scrapyard raid should sort out any mirror (or lack of) issues you're having. Passenger air bags are very rare so just rely on good old seat belts I think, and they probably just need a good clean to retract properly. You probably have the wiring buried in the rear arch near the parcel shelf speaker wiring. I've never noticed the stock tweeters doing much tbh but they look nice and high spec so you might as well get them. Looks a nice car, never seen many facelifts with black bumpers before. Happy motoring
Thanks for all the comments! Yeah, the black bumpers were poorly sprayed by one of the previous owners. There's patches in the corner where you can see they sprayed directly onto the original silver, so I'm probably going to get that redone at some point!

Try some cockpit shine on the seat belt, pull it all out and put on both sides,
Where.are you from?, I got tweeters and maybe a mirror sun visor along with other things and a base model silver micra im .breaking