what did you do to your micra today ?

She went in for an oil and filter change + gearbox oil change today. First time I've been under her (no puns please) she's spotless underneath, not a spot of the brown stuff anywhere - amazing !!!
Spotted my tracking out though, gonna have that done. Missus's micra goes in tomorrow for the same treatment. I've already been under this one - steady boys - steady.

WDID?

Put the x-member, radiator and lock support panel one. Here is the video.

This still to do:

1. Mend the broken part of driver side headlight.
2. run through a Tap to correct the cross threaded captive nut underneath the car.
3. Fix the screen wash pump. the rear one is not working
4. Put the headlights and bumper on.
5. New brake fluid and bleeding the brakes.
6. Put the tires on
7. Welding
8. MOT
9. VOSA
10. insurance and on the road.

Thanks to frank for all his advice and instructions and thanks to my neighbor who give me support and let me use his equipments.

Regards

Heres the picture of the car with new front grill. makes me think maybe I should smooth the whole front of the car, bumper and all...
0708f6b2-9015-4ae4-a9ab-def3d8d3e972_zpsa4584d27.jpg

In the local rag here today, x plate 1.0L - 21,000mls, £995
w plate 1.0L, 28,000mls £600
Both private sales. At a dealers 02 plate 1.0L 4 door auto - 28,000mls £1,995
Two other 1.0L both in the 80,000mls + £300 & £350 - private sales.

Not bad prices by you then!
I can't get these bloomin studs in! There's no angle in the drum to make them go :( looks like it'll be a hub off job tomorrow

Iirc there's one position where they will go in, just need to rotate to the right position for each stud :)
Yeah I'm sure I've seen it done but I couldn't find any position where they'd go through the holes. Pulling them through is easy as I did that to put the old ones back in

Got a blue rear bumper some bump strips for spares, 2 gas boot struts and rear mud flaps that say Micra, they improve the car so much :) all courtesy of IRNBROO

Also going to try pickup some lights so I can try the oven paint blacked out look :L

Note : Who all heading to Banzai @ Crail on Sunday

Got a blue rear bumper some bump strips for spares, 2 gas boot struts and rear mud flaps that say Micra, they improve the car so much :) all courtesy of IRNBROO

Also going to try pickup some lights so I can try the oven paint blacked out look :L

Note : Who all heading to Banzai @ Crail on Sunday
Where's crail? I've never looked it up, might wanna go sometime when i get my car ready for my right foot

wdid?? fixed the intermediate pipe on the exhaust n found out my bearings need done anyone know if its possible to tighten the front bearings instead of replacing them ?

how do you know if your bearings are gone?
Makes a rumble/grinding kind of noise, which gets louder when you turn a corner on one side ^_^

ETA: I assume you mean wheel bearings :p

ETA2: Jack the car up and spin the wheel by hand (quick...ish so it rotates on it's own a bit) and listen out for the rumble...there may be noise from the wheel anyway that you should be aware of (from the brake disk or drum)

WDID?

Filled the radiator with water and found it has leak. Jump started and found that the radiator fan is not working either.

Called the scrappy for replacement and was told one is due in on Tuesday. So have to wait until Tuesday.

Ordered brake fluid from ECP which will be delivered in 2 working days.

Tested the rear screen washer its working fine.

Have wait until next weak to get it done.

Regards

Why'd you order it? There's a ECP in Trafford Park that I use occasionally :).

wdidt....

check with these service parts so its not good looking. in soon, i need to change new service parts....

are these spark plugs ok? i changed them since oct 2012..... is it time to change new ones soon?

img4547r.jpg

img4548jt.jpg

img4549in.jpg

cheers
jk

wdidt....

check with these service parts so its not good looking. in soon, i need to change new service parts....

are these spark plugs ok? i changed them since oct 2012..... is it time to change new ones soon?

img4549in.jpg

cheers
jk

They look as if its running a little lean JK no much colour to them

yea there are two wet spark plugs as oily. (the last two)... lean? is there any problem on my car?

AsparkplugNGK.png

mine could be normal wear or worn electrode...

yea there are two wet spark plugs as oily. (the last two)... lean? is there any problem on my car?

mine could be normal wear or worn electrode...

Theres no electrode wear on yours JK, they just look very "clean" the top two plugs. You would be looking for a chocolatey/biscuit colour on them ideally.

Could be two faulty injectors causing a lean mixture, that's why your engine cuts out maybe?

When did you last change the fuel filter?

really? I changed it since oct 2012 so i know its too long.....

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/starts-then-cuts-out.55657/

that could be one of main problem. thanks skinner, i got to find out asap. :)

Start with the simple cheap fixes mate before changing parts over :) if you changed the fuel filter 6 months ago it should be fine they are not really annual service items. (depends on your mileage i suppose)

Good luck getting it sorted

yea, i will do.... well, i changed new fuel filter since oct 2012. it will be ok until next year. Since feb 2012, i drove nearly 27000miles ish now... I will update on here soon. Thanks for the advice Skinner. :)

If there's crap in the fuel tank and its regularly run down its possible that a fuel filter won't last long at all. I'm not saying that's what you've done, just saying there are other factors to how long a filter will last ;)

oil on plug thread not on electrodes :) looks ok me think

yea it looks like ok but its better to change new ones so its been there for long now. plus i drive more miles then local miles :(

If there's crap in the fuel tank and its regularly run down its possible that a fuel filter won't last long at all. I'm not saying that's what you've done, just saying there are other factors to how long a filter will last ;)

could be so i will need to empty the tank first ( i top up full tank yesterday lol. i should fix it first.:rolleyes:) then i will investigate this fuel filter to see if its got brown dirt. if yes then its time to remove and clean this tank. (it will be happen in late summer July)

I broke a hanger on my backbox, solid clamps instead of rubbers and my shocking stick welding prove to be poor bedfellows...

meeee 003.JPG
Bought some underseal to protect the front end and to spray in to the rear quarters by pulling the lining back. Has anyone used this?

Back