what did you do to your micra today ?

Finally got the rally car out and started prep for London Rally in a couple of weeks.

This on the last rally.....

http://projectmicra.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/the-2013-woodbridge-targa-rally-3.jpg

Meant i had to clean the engine as one job, also cleaned out the back of the car, and now cut out 33 silver foil discs to cover up holes in the floor where the trim has been removed.

Remove more weight 559g including a load from the roof rail trim.

Removed the rear wash system, wiper had already gone.

Sorted a loose bonnet pin

Work in progress

http://twitter.com/MattEndeanRally/status/320570422133395457/photo/1

More tomorrow

ejugu9a4.jpg

Fixed some threads on a mates set of coilovers

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Cheers mate once again!
Its alright. It does seem that my turbo is seriously getting denied the time of day :( can't really do much until I have got rust converter paint and primer really. So I will let you off. We need to sort the fronts now.

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Where are they from & how much? Any pictures of how/where they attach?
I acquired that bracket fitted to my first micra so I don't know it's origins, sorry.
If you look down behind the slam panel you can see two oem holes with welded nuts for the ends an it bolts through a small square hole in the centre vertical. I can get you pics if you still struggle to see.
hth

Its alright. It does seem that my turbo is seriously getting denied the time of day :( can't really do much until I have got rust converter paint and primer really. So I will let you off. We need to sort the fronts now.

Yeah we really do and mate wait until you got the stuff and we will give that shell the loving it really needs.

Yeah we really do and mate wait until you got the stuff and we will give that shell the loving it really needs.
Will be awesome!

By the way, everyone, we all need to congratulate mas12555 aka Scott. He starts his second day at his new job today. He has taken the bullet for his car mods and got a job flipping burgers at Mc Donalds. Yayyyy.

how,d it go my mate ? i beat my PB with a 15.3, but still nowhere near your damn14,s tho :p

No idea, didnt pick up my times as they were all whilst it was raining. Can get them online later, 2 losses out of 6 (3rd and 4th race) and i blame the lack of traction till 4th, ended up using 6psi 1st and 2nd on the last 2 races and no WOT then pressing the button for 12psi once id changed to 3rd at about 40mph

Wins

1.4 GTI ax (160bhp)
1.6T Corsa vxr (220bhp)
2.0T Corsa b (???bhp)
2.0T Astra Gsi (???bhp)

Losses
2.0T astra vxr-r (300bhp)
2.5T focus ST (stock bhp)

Felt i could have won them all though!

Good on you though, i dont even know what setup you run anymore :p

sounds like you put up a good fight stani :cool: mine has the 2.2D GT1549 atm, and was a bit of a slapper today (it was driven by 7 different drivers at the brum drift thingy iirc :))

sounds like you put up a good fight stani :cool: mine has the 2.2D GT1549 atm, and was a bit of a slapper today (it was driven by 7 different drivers at the brum drift thingy iirc :))

Yeah the car did well for the conditions, roll on some sticky tyres and a dry strip. And why did so many drive it? :p

Nice! What speed you crossing the line at on the slip? Would love you race you one day ;)
a tad over 90 mate, and i have no chance of a 14 with this ghetto build tbh mate, the ebay h/g and hybrid clutch are on the ragged edge :) (i,ve had to run a 2/3rds thottlestop all day to stop the boost spiking)
i,m just gonna enjoy what limited power it has, and try and get it down to the 720kg (that the red car is)

a tad over 90 mate, and i have no chance of a 14 with this ghetto build tbh mate, the ebay h/g and hybrid clutch are on the ragged edge :) (i,ve had to run a 2/3rds thottlestop all day to stop the boost spiking)
i,m just gonna enjoy what limited power it has, and try and get it down to the 720kg (that the red car is)

Cool maybe one day you can squeeze a 14.9 from it, I would love to get to shakies to see if my car really is what crail says it is. But in all honesty the car feels quick even to me the driver lol wish I could just go all out weight saving but it's my everyday family mobile haha.

Is that what yours runs??!!

Yeah 14.645 back in February, will get a better idea next month with this new map, better tyres, bumpers, headlight, higher rear springs and stiffened and stripped out more

Removed another 2kgs from the car, but then put a load more weight back in... Next event is a multi venue stage rally so will need to carry two spares, tools, some spares (belts, clutch/throttle cables, oil, water, etc.....) also a helmet net

Filled all the holes in the rear with silver foil, fitted the cable gearbox sender (fits fine), painted the new set of wheels in white.

Will be awesome!

By the way, everyone, we all need to congratulate mas12555 aka Scott. He starts his second day at his new job today. He has taken the bullet for his car mods and got a job flipping burgers at Mc Donalds. Yayyyy.

Haha That did make me laugh.

Just decided to have all the aircon removed. Pump, pipes, rad and so on. Don't use it, I just open the windows.
Much of a job ????? What about the fitting for the belts, the ribbed one - do I need it after removal completed ?????

Wdid? 2 meets, 205 miles and a lot of fun! Ie went to brum wheels with the guys, drove the most impressive car I've driven yet (thanks to frank) and had my passenger seat soiled as mottys obnoxious exhaust antics scared the absolute poo out of Hannah! :p
Then went on to flood street in dudley later where a load of skylines did exactly the same thing! Not as loud though...

Wdid? Bemoaned my micra's lack of a turbo :( The advert says 'Talk to Frank' if you have an addiction. Bu11sh1t, talking to frank GIVES you an addiction! ;) Feel like a turbo crackhead wondering where I'm gonna get my next boost fix (the chocolate bars don't cut it I'm afraid!) :( Frank, what the hell have you done to me?? ;)

WDID? Got a lift to work because she wasnt starting, mechanic appear at home and it started immediatly

Turns out after moving it like 10 meters last night i flooded the engine a bit :oops:

WDID? Got a lift to work because she wasnt starting, mechanic appear at home and it started immediatly

Turns out after moving it like 10 meters last night i flooded the engine a bit :oops:

Reply to ym self FTW

Note that thats what we THINK happend, but shes running fine now so :D

Back