what did you do to your micra today ?

sprayed some chrome onto my dishes :)

Attachments

• SDC12191.JPG
    SDC12191.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 987
On a private road I'm guessing ;)

Well, I think the A5 in Milton Keynes at 3 in the morning is pretty much a private race track? (Y)

Fitted a pre-facelift tailgate handle, been wanting to get rid of my bubble one for ages! Fitted a hench K&N air filter, took her to the car wash, started sticker bombing her, and trailed in about half a tonne of dust from a scrapyard in Bicester. All over my new mats, after I'd hoovered inside!!!!!

On a private road I'm guessing ;)QUOTE]

Well, I think the The race track i own in Milton Keynes at 3 in the morning is pretty much a private race track? (Y)

Dude I was giving you a hand legally as it's not cleaver announcing you were racing on public roads not to mention illegal!! If say the police read it they can find out who you are and pay you a visit, it has happened many times on other sites

washed, dried & t-cut her
filled her up £40 from 1/4 full...its daylight robbery!!
gave around the fuel filler cap a good wipe down as it was covered in s**t and applied a nice rising sun vinyl to it
tidied all the wires from battery & headunit to the amp in the boot
gave the entire car a good old hoover to get rid of about a months worth of dead leaves, wire insulation and dirt :D

Dude I was giving you a hand legally as it's not cleaver announcing you were racing on public roads not to mention illegal!! If say the police read it they can find out who you are and pay you a visit, it has happened many times on other sites

well technically you could still be ok, just deny any knowledge of the post, it isnt a written confession and the only evidence the police would have which could be used in court would be these forum posts...not going to be concrete ;-)

well technically you could still be ok, just deny any knowledge of the post, it isnt a written confession and the only evidence the police would have which could be used in court would be these forum posts...not going to be concrete ;-)

I do normally try to keep it sensible on the open roads, apart from when it's really late and there's no one about, but this guy in the C2 was driving like an idiot. Well, like a boy racer actually. So I thought I'd show him how the Micra owners do it (Y)

Well, today the Alternator belt snapped while driving to a customers house, luckily i managed to get it to the customers house and i was able to deal with them and check the car out; the belt had snapped so i had to be picked up from my brother.
Will tow the car home in the morning and start taking it apart so i can get to the alternator. I think bumper, wing, wheel, wheel arch lining is all going to have to come off.
I even read somewhere, some guy dropped his engine to get to the bolts for the alternator.

Help is welcome.

when i changed mine i just took the wheel arch plastic out and put it on axle stands, you shouldnt have to take the bumper or wheel off.

i rewired my Gx entirely, stripped it, cleaned every part and replaced it, rewired the audio and tuned it, fixed up the doors so there isn't any rattling and took it for a spin,

Sprayed my rocker cover red. Had to do it in situ however, seeing as how it wouldn't come off grr

Thought about finishing stripping it out completely apart from the front seats. And then it started to rain, so I went to put the kettle on and grabbed a pack of chocolate Hobnobs instead lol

painted rear drums yellow, dont know whether i like them or not, didnt get a nice finish...should have bought the hammerite spray instead of brush :)
sprayed the mudflaps so they are back to being black not grey
started taping up bumpers for spraying the black trim but started to rain and decided sod it, i aint getting wet went inside and laughed at my brother being slaughtered on COD BO zombies :D

fillered the new welded sills, fitted an FIA battery master cut off switch and two Aircraft style toggle switches..... but dont know what to use them for yet...lol
gave her a wash (not been cleaned in nearly 3 years)

:laugh:
prescription from doctor arrived today so got the go ahead to full force these exhaust spring'd bolts off
DSC00866.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

Completely stripped the back out - seats, spare wheel sub/amp/6x9s/wiring, parcel shelf, seatbelts, all the fixtures and fittings :grinning:. Found £27.53 in small change under the seats and carpets (Y)

Will get round to stripping the front out soon, once I find a mask, seeing as how the carpets are filled with 13 years of griminess :glare:

lucky so an so! its good lookin in a new second hand car and stuff find all sorts!

I've already found stuff in there before when I took the back carpets up and the spare wheel out once before - an iPod Nano in good nick, about £15, and a decent bag of tools (Y)(Y)(Y)

Ok, To remove it on a Micra 1.5 DCI.

Remove the Ground wire on the battery. You have to jack the car up. But hold on my car is lowered so my Trolley jack is not going under it. So you get the original jack and jack it up enough so the trolley jack can get under the car. Remove the Driver side wheel, Inner Arch Lining, Driver side headlight, Front bumper from Driver side and bend that a bit out of the way(Or remove completely if you don't want to risk damaging it), Then If you look closely. the panel the headlight is screwed into you can remove that aswell. Remove the intercooler piping that is in the way of the alternator so it can be removed later. (82hp model)

Gracefully you have just enough access to get a ratchet (SIZE 13mm Socket) on the 2 bolts for the Alternator. Then you start undoing it, Takes about 7 mins per bolt with many positition changes and changing hand. Then You unscrew the bottom bolt, Again takes about 7 minutes while changing postition every other minute and hand.

Atlast you think you are getting somewhere but WAIT. The damn bottom screw is not going to come out. Why is this???????????????????? The ####ing chassis is stopping it from coming out(FRENCH FAIL). So now You get your trolley jack under the sump and support the engine. Then undo the 3 nuts Size 13mm again with your ratchet and extension bar. Now you lower the engine just enough so the bottom screw on the alternator can come out but not damage any wires or anything. So you have finally got the other bolt out, By now time has progressed into 2 hours later. (all that fannying about)

Now you are going to have to get some crow bar and break the rust seals and start removing it and fidgeting with it untill it comes out. Once it is out you throw the alternator on the pavement and have a rest. and lay down on the wet grass. (assuming you live in the UK)

Thats it for today, I will continue this when i get my new aternator and belt.

I put the headlight back in and put the bumper in(clipped in and only 1 screw) Wheel back on axle stand, jack and tools in car. No one is going to take them this time. (assuming you live in Aldershot)

fired another thermostat in :) thats the 2nd one thats stuck slightly open, causing the needle to take 10 mins to get to 1/2 way fwn

Attachments

• SDC12204.JPG
    SDC12204.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 618
and got me some £10 135/13,s for the lightened rears, for sunday/dragday :grinning:

Attachments

• SDC12207.JPG
    SDC12207.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 597
down the scrappy's every thermostat i exposed from the housing was stuck open, dont last long then?

fired another thermostat in :) thats the 2nd one thats stuck slightly open, causing the needle to take 10 mins to get to 1/2 way fwn

Put my back seats back in, started putting the interior back together - decided it's way too loud, at least until I can get the dashboard flocked and the headliner/carpets redone in black with better soundproofing. Will be fully stripped out again soon, at least before the engine transplant (Y)

Well today I stuck my wee micra on gumtree for sale had enough of that car :/ might go for 1.3 super s or k12 or maybe a mini :)

How is it possible to have had enough of a Micra? :laugh:

Don't get a K12 though, they're ugly. Get a Super S or SR, pre-facelift, they're the best looking (which is why I'm converting mine) :grinning:

V had enough of mine its to boring lol I want something with more power, I would keep the car and just engine swap but need car for everyday so was just gona sell and buy one ready, I'll still be with micras hopefully just what money can buy :)

Back