what did you do to your micra today ?

Put a new (well, secondhand) head unit. Absolutely sweeet....:p Now to intensify search for secondhand amplifier, order some components for front set and try to make a decision for A : a sub in the boot (the right thing to do) or B : a good set of 6x9´s in the rear shelf (the easy and maybe more versatile thing to do).....
:confused:

Cleaned her out, bought some bombing stickers and carbon fibre vinyl to make headlights look evil and led bulbs for dash and interior light, bought wind deflectors and vented discs, bought a pool ball gearknob of mark just wait for the deliverys and fit them and pictures to follow :)

de-rusted callipers, disks & drums
refitted front splitter...properly this time :D
fitted skirts
fitted new air filter
picked up and fitted a set of irmscher 13" alloys from flipside they look sweet as (kind of like sr alloys only much nicer :D)
started the wiring for my edge amp which should be here tomorrow :D

Fitted cold air feed and trumpet cone properly, fitted new oil breather and gearbox breather filter, new ariel, new gearknob, raised the bonnet a bit more, fitted Ashley backbox and de-cat pipe (cheers to wrighty, sounds awesome now!), wrapped exhaust system from manifold to gearbox, new NGK spark plugs, prepped front calipers and rear drums for painting, re-sprayed engine cover, hoovered and polished inside. Long day!

Put a new (well, secondhand) head unit. Absolutely sweeet....:p Now to intensify search for secondhand amplifier, order some components for front set and try to make a decision for A : a sub in the boot (the right thing to do) or B : a good set of 6x9´s in the rear shelf (the easy and maybe more versatile thing to do).....
:confused:

Just do what I've done in my K11 and have all 3 - sub, amp, and some decent 6x9s :grinning:

sourced and fitted some revcounter clocks (from an slx) and had to fit the damn jump wire from the ecu plug to the black plug nearby, in order to get the tacho to work fwn

AHA! so this is why my rev counter wont work!

Received driveshafts landed from Japan, ordered some gearbox seals from MPH.

Also patiently awaiting news re: Grimsvotn volvano to see if I can fly into London on Friday to see the car, prep some parts up and give it a run.

toe'd my 1.3 SR 20 odd miles with the 1.3 SLX and still got the 10 miles per litre fuel range
14.5 ltres = 140 miles, love when these cars behave normally
due to a lovely tip about a spring'd tow bar

50mpg ftw :)

thats if you can find good petrol that dont smell of methanol or what that stuff they messed it with only,what a con
and i havent seen to many many things yet as i havent a torque wrench,but first thing should be the wheel bearings
tuning timing isnt done either

Tested my new braided brake lines to the max. Very near pile up on the M62. I ended up two feet behind the car in front. One of the cars at the front of the queue must've skidded because a huge cloud of smoke drifted back and enveloped us all - mucho stinky. The brakes were extremely impressive (EBC greenstuff pads and turbogroove discs with braided hoses) (Y).

i have had the same set of super 4s i fitted in my super s for 2 years now in my gx for nearly another 2 years and the car still runs great.

so they cant be that much poo ( each to there own)

yeh i got them
instantly noticed the difrence

i have had the same set of super 4s i fitted in my super s for 2 years now in my gx for nearly another 2 years and the car still runs great.

so they cant be that much poo ( each to there own)

They're reasonable for a modest set up, although there is a noticeable difference when you install any NGK even the basic NGK feel more responsive than the the super 4 I use platinums for the Micra and iridiums for the sx and will be fitting grade 7 ngk iridiums to the Micra once I finish the turbo
After I melted two sets I swapped to ngk never had the problem again

Stripped out the interior a little bit - sun visors, gear lever surround, a few inside panels, ripped the glovebox out because it's ####ed. Whole car to be completely stripped out and re-carpeted in black with bucket seats and no rear seats, so people will stop asking me for lifts all the time!

Bring a friend and his girlfriend and luggages, because his fathers Bmw sedan couldn't take those big suit cases...

checked the cams (the satin black i sprayed on the inlet cam to check the running clearances is still there in places, after all these months lol :eek:

and wedged a rubber insert into the rear g/box mount to cut down the movement on dragstarts

Attachments

• SDC12174.JPG
    SDC12174.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 380
  • SDC12177.JPG
    SDC12177.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 409
this boy sparkling so is getting it

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00810.jpg
:grinning:

the front engine mount bush is loose in its housing is this normal? it looks new

Drove it for the first time after installing a short shifter, result=good. Feels very precise and sharp. The quicker changes makes for a smoother ride, and super quick changes under acceleration makes for a quicker car too. Obviously not a massive gain, but I'm thinking about martins turbo for that:eek:

Painted the keyless fuel flap to match my car, received my SR spoiler with a crack :( also went back to scrappy and got a new door handle and boot handle minus the logo :) !!

They're reasonable for a modest set up, although there is a noticeable difference when you install any NGK even the basic NGK feel more responsive than the the super 4 I use platinums for the Micra and iridiums for the sx and will be fitting grade 7 ngk iridiums to the Micra once I finish the turbo
After I melted two sets I swapped to ngk never had the problem again

I'd go colder, I run 7's at the moment and from plug analysis they are still ever so slightly too hot for our setup and we're only pushing 125bhp.

Started stripping the interior - soon to be nothing at all apart from dashboard and bucket seats - no carpet, lining or panels. Saving weight and all that, but music won't be the same without my sub and 6x9s, even though I wouldn't be able to hear music without soundproofing and a bigger exhaust!!

Fitted my Momo steering wheel and OMP strut brace (cheers to evofrenzy for them, they're ####ing mint!).

Looked on eBay and Piston Heads for either a donor 1.3 engine that I can run on bike carbs and drop into my K11 (need to be able to keep up with my mates Civic :down: ) or a black SR/Super S so I can have the bonnet, lights, grill, tailgate, and spoiler :grinning:

Ragged the nuts off it on the way home trying to beat a Zetec S (Y)

tried to smooth out the blows in my sportex its just not happening as i cant lay under the car and get enough pull to wedge it together tight enough so trip to a garage tomorrow for them to put it on the ramp me thinks

on a lighter note fitted my pulsar short shifter and wow didnt expect that much!!!!

but buzzzzzzzzzz

fitted a new headunit (well one i had in my old car :p) re-wired my front component speakers upto my nice new amp and messed about with the gain....all i will say is WOW!!! big difference over using headunit power :D

Back