what did you do to your micra today ?

Meguairs Quik Detailer is so useful.. Just cleaned my (already fairly clean) car in 5 minutes :)
e6aba4a8.jpg

So me and the father found a rather interesting way of fitting the seats not sure if any of ye have done it before but we basically removed the bottom rail of the existing seats and then welded the bottom rail of the new seats onto the old bottom rail worked 100% accept when it came to the belt buckle that was a pain, had to cut it off of where we had it welded so the seat would fit in, so off tomorrow back to the welder to welded it in the new place, will upload pictures of the frame tomorrow if anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So me and the father found a rather interesting way of fitting the seats not sure if any of ye have done it before but we basically removed the bottom rail of the existing seats and then welded the bottom rail of the new seats onto the old bottom rail worked 100% accept when it came to the belt buckle that was a pain, had to cut it off of where we had it welded so the seat would fit in, so off tomorrow back to the welder to welded it in the new place, will upload pictures of the frame tomorrow if anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think everyone does it that way mate lol

I gave my turbo is annual clean... Dare I say it. Father for I have sinned. I cleaned the chariot of death. For on this day... The turbo... Saw a coat of polish/wax... Smite me upon this day. For I only wanted to be a cool kid and have that shine and ting.

Join the bike community! We love everyone!*

*except Harley owners, car-drivers, lorries, buses, Peugeots, BMWs, Audis, all convertibles, cyclists, pedestrians, the elderly, dentists, taxis, people on pedestrian crossings, mobility scooters, vespas, light aircraft, Porsche boxsters, Hyundais, Kias, politicians, teenagers and local speed awareness groups....
Lol I was thinking about getting a bike license today. Get me self a Harley

I gave my turbo is annual clean... Dare I say it. Father for I have sinned. I cleaned the chariot of death. For on this day... The turbo... Saw a coat of polish/wax... Smite me upon this day. For I only wanted to be a cool kid and have that shine and ting.
Yes....
Join us......
Next step:
Rename the battleship "the swagmobile"

WDID? Not all of them today though.

1 renewed my insurance the other day. The original offer was 890 which was 60 more than last year. After a bit haggle she said can not do lower than 800. Then I asked her to move the named drivers and it came to 647 or 54 monthly.

2 after long pause, today decided to disconnect the remaining connection of the axle and asses how best to remove the rust and the arms. Sprayed some dw40 replacement on the rusted area removed the axle. Here is the video .

Now couple of questions:

1 is the ASB sensor worth saving/ can it be sold?

2 am I better off removing the tank and than grind the bolts and wire brush the rust? Is there a danger of fire while grinding?

3 will it be okay to remove the loose rust and apply kurust and paint over it or do have to wire brush until bare metal and then paint?

Regards

WDID? Not all of them today though.

1 renewed my insurance the other day. The original offer was 890 which was 60 more than last year. After a bit haggle she said can not do lower than 800. Then I asked her to move the named drivers and it came to 647 or 54 monthly.

2 after long pause, today decided to disconnect the remaining connection of the axle and asses how best to remove the rust and the arms. Sprayed some dw40 replacement on the rusted area removed the axle. Here is the video .

Now couple of questions:

1 is the ASB sensor worth saving/ can it be sold?

2 am I better off removing the tank and than grind the bolts and wire brush the rust? Is there a danger of fire while grinding?

3 will it be okay to remove the loose rust and apply kurust and paint over it or do have to wire brush until bare metal and then paint?

Regards

1- ABS sensor will most likely be fused solid onto the axle so removal will prob damage it.
if the car has ABS system, either connect it back up or disable it.
if the car has no ABS system, just ziptie the rear axle ABS cable to one side.

2- you mean grinding off seized trailing arm bolts?
I covered my tank with kitchen foil or some sheet metal to protect the tank from hot sparks.

dsc09063-jpg.28919

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-105#post-667796

3- imo applying kurust or paint over existing rust won't do anything, it'll still continue to rust underneath. best to wirebrush till bare metal, treat and repaint. under the chassis I wirebrushed as much rust area off and undersealed

68658202.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/#post-381115

1- ABS sensor will most likely be fused solid onto the axle so removal will prob damage it.
if the car has ABS system, either connect it back up or disable it.
if the car has no ABS system, just ziptie the rear axle ABS cable to one side.

2- you mean grinding off seized trailing arm bolts?
I covered my tank with kitchen foil or some sheet metal to protect the tank from hot sparks.

dsc09063-jpg.28919

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-105#post-667796

3- imo applying kurust or paint over existing rust won't do anything, it'll still continue to rust underneath. best to wirebrush till bare metal, treat and repaint. under the chassis I wirebrushed as much rust area off and undersealed

68658202.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/#post-381115
Many thanks PollyP,

What you mean by treating? Will it not suffice to paint on bare metal with hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

Regards

Join the bike community! We love everyone!*

*except Harley owners, car-drivers, lorries, buses, Peugeots, BMWs, Audis, all convertibles, cyclists, pedestrians, the elderly, dentists, taxis, people on pedestrian crossings, mobility scooters, vespas, light aircraft, Porsche boxsters, Hyundais, Kias, politicians, teenagers and local speed awareness groups....
I'll have the elderly taken off that list please :eek:

Many thanks PollyP,

What you mean by treating? Will it not suffice to paint on bare metal with hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

Regards
once rust starts and gets more severe, it eats deeper into the metal becoming harder to stop and can only be slowed down.
even after grinding down to bare metal, there's still specks of rust pitted deep inside the metal.

simply painting over grinded rust, it still continues rusting underneath and soon reappears.

direct to rust hammerite may slow it down abit. I apply rust treatment and underseal to the chassis to further slow it but there's no stopping it.

Pollyp is right. I done some rust treatment work today so have a look on these pictures.
bamy3uje.jpg
3asahemy.jpg
5uvymu4e.jpg

This area need to be dry now so I got to wait then I can paint. By the way, I done sanding alot until I can see bare metal.

Finally did some stuff! I.e. filled a few holes (oops) removed a heat shield that annoyed me for 400 miles (grr) and sprayed up my wheels.

MOT next week (fingers crossed)

Oh and got 392 miles from a full tank. Rather pleased.

Now to get the waxoyl out of my hair...

Attachments

• 1406833412233.jpg
    1406833412233.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 1406833427633.jpg
    1406833427633.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 1406833441251.jpg
    1406833441251.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 271
Thanks,

What should apply before paint?

I planing to apply under seal mixed with engine oil after paint.

Regards

for the underside that's not seen, I usually wirebrush till bare metal, clean, brush on kurust n wait till dry, primer, dry, base coat, dry, laquer, dry, underseal.

ah I see why you asked bout the ABS sensor, ur replacing a rotten axle.
since the old axle is junk, to remove the old ABS sensor perhaps try grinding/cutting a notch out the side of the axle metal surrounding the sensor to release tension so it could be knock/tapped out.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

got my cabriolet rear lights and quick release swaggy bumper release rubber gold things and my mate with a starlet gave me his spare stainless steel stub axle bolts because we found one of mine is sheared but really loosely held on...

got my cabriolet rear lights and quick release swaggy bumper release rubber gold things and my mate with a starlet gave me his spare stainless steel stub axle bolts because we found one of mine is sheared but really loosely held on...
Speaking of stub axels, is it possible to change the rear stub axels from another car, providing the bolt holes line up?

If they're like other cars, then the whole stub axle comes off, so you might be able to swap them, or possibly space them out instead of using wheel spacers.

Any of the suspension brains know about this?

Thinking of getting an Ashley 4-2-1 manifold for the Micra and i was wondering is it worth it for a 1 litre? After all £190 is a lot to spend on a manifold if it won't make alot of difference. Also can you still use the rest of the standard system with a 4-2-1? Cheers :)
(p.s I don't want a lecture on why it's illegal :L, i just would like to know if it's worth it) :D

Thinking of getting an Ashley 4-2-1 manifold for the Micra and i was wondering is it worth it for a 1 litre? After all £190 is a lot to spend on a manifold if it won't make alot of difference. Also can you still use the rest of the standard system with a 4-2-1? Cheers :)
(p.s I don't want a lecture on why it's illegal :L, i just would like to know if it's worth it) :D
Also considering this but don't know if the gains are worth the cost? I have 1.3 cams and a GA intake though.

You possibly can, but chances of all the bolt holes lining up are slim.... more to the point Why ?

WDIDT? - Yesterday really, I updated my blog - www.mattendean.co.uk
Was thinking it might broaden options for wheel and brake setups, different wheel stud patterns or brakes from other cars. Might even allow a wider track on the rear wheels without spacers and extended wheel studs.

Was thinking it might broaden options for wheel and brake setups, different wheel stud patterns or brakes from other cars. Might even allow a wider track on the rear wheels without spacers and extended wheel studs.

All that fudging about with geometry though...... *brainache*

I don't think there's a flange on the end of an Ashley manifold btw Ben

Apparently on some cars, the brakes are attached to the stub axle assembly, so you might be able to convert to discs (if you really needed to) without replacing the entire rear beam.

It's pretty irrelevant, the stub axles are welded to the beam, those bolts just mount the brake hardware. Or have I got entirely the wrong end of the stick about what you guys are on about?

Back